LGBTQ+ Everyday life and customs

Frankly speaking, we are almost in 2022, we live in a technologically modern world, full of comforts our precedent generations couldn’t even dream of, therefore we should at least become more open-minded and support LGBT+ people, although there is something I often witnessed both online as well as in real life: nowadays, being heterosexual is often considered a sort of narrow-minded thing, as if I was somehow forced to be into males as well, as if my heterosexuality was something ancient and no longer acceptable.
Some LGBTQ+ people unfortunately feel morally superior because they are part of a quite sensitive community, and they consequently blame the others for not being the same way as they are. That is clearly wrong. It’s like a sort of fashion for many people who may not have understood what they are into, at least not yet.
My heterosexuality doesn’t necessarily make me homophobic, for instance.
The fact that I haven’t got LGBTQ+ people as friends doesn’t mean I am homophobic, does it? How could that ever prove a hypothetical homophobia - which I never had in my whole life?
I was often accused to be like that despite of my repetitive support towards the entire community, which sincerely still disappoints me a lot.

Lastly, we should be proud of who we really are, of our inner personalities and not of our sexual preferences.
I like what I like and the others like what they like, simple as that. Spreading it all around doesn’t make sense to me.
I noticed lots of moral superiority about non-monogamous relationships as well, as if standard relationships were no longer part of the so-called modern world we live in.
Sometimes those who - rightly - demand to be accepted are the first who misjudge the others, whereas there are simply no better human beings than others. We are all human beings and that is what really matters.

First of all, thank you for being supportive, it really means a lot to the community. You are absolutely right about the fact that heterosexuality doesn't make you homophobic. I personally have straight friends and they are on of the most amazing people I have ever met and they helped me through a lot. Being homophobic is hate towards homosexual people and I can see that it's not you. Unfortunately, there is a lot of discrimination in the community itself and that is why you probably experienced hate and being called homophobic. I am truly sorry for that. No open-minded and good person would force you into the community, as it is all about love and acceptance. The people you met that tried to force you into being into men do not understand the community even if they are a part of it. So thank you for being accepting qnd sorry you had to encounter such people. We are indeed all just humans abd the fact we like someone different shouldn't really be a problem. As pride includes not only sexual preferences it is a wide range of people who can be found there. Sexual and romantic attraction along with gender identity are all inside of the community as well. Monogamous and polyamorous relationhips exist as well. I don't really get why some people care about other people's lives more than their own, in a hateful way. I feel like everyone should live the life they want to live. So again, I am very sorry that you were treated luke that, you can be straight and still be an ally, and thank you for being just that.

I think many guys support LGBTQ+ because it is now a big trend with millions of folowers.

You could make the same argument for Christianity, Islam, etc.. The reason that people are members of these religions is because they are a big trend (culturally) and have millions of followers.

So are you convinced that most of the people who believe in LGBTQ+ rights are only doing it because it's trendy as opposed to believing that it's important for those people to have rights and not be persecuted or targeted for violence because of who they are?

I see this as a great comparation. People that are religious often say they feel great about it, they feel that Jesus is present in their lives and so on... But don't lgbt people feel too? They feel attraction differently, they feel romance differently, they may feel like a different gender as well. It's all about what you believe in and what you feel in your life. I, as an lgbt person, don't hate religious people and I don't want them beaten up or dead, so why do religious people, who have a god that taught them to love, wish us such violent and hateful things?

LGBT are sexual disorders. An illness can never be a lifestyle

Sorry, this is not the belief of most people in the psychology and psychiatric community. What are your credentials to make such statements?

Correct, science actually supports lgbt and many researches show that it is actually normal. For example, researches show that trans people's brains work and are like the gender they identify with, so it is true you can be born in the wrong body with a right mind.

Yes, it is modern. That is the reason.

The thing that's modern is understanding human nature, scientific knowledge and not deciding something is bad just because some ancient religious principals have said it's bad.

In the original Bible, the word homosexuality wasn't even mentioned till I think 1946 when it was rewriten in other languages and people translated it wrong. It says that a man shall not sleep with a boy, which refers to pedophilia, which makes more sense as a thing that should be in the Bible.

I think lgbt people are just like any other people.
They’re fellow humans.
From what the people will are against them tell are, that the lgbt are evil, they’re against the nature (huh, what? 🤦🏻‍♀️), they “choose” to be lgbt (no one can choose that), they’re against religion, etc. those are all stereotypes.. some people really need to wake up. hey, it’s 2022 not 1950s.
pride is just being proud of who you are. if you are lgbt, then be proud of yourself. if you are straight, then also be proud of yourself. it’s not like lgbt people are “special” or anything like that, they’re normal functioning human beings too. being lgbt is a little part of who they are in their life.
i‘ve heard another stereotype like, lgbt people force heteros to become one of them. no one can choose to become gay. and maybe that person is just trying to educate you against the stereotypes because only knowledge helps to decrease hatred and ignorance.

When I was 15 years old like you, I didn't even know what it was. So we were protected from it.
protected from what exactly?

Yes, it is modern. That is the reason.
it isn’t modern, it dates back hundreds of years ago. and homos are found in animals. what do you have say about them? you think they’re having ‘modern ideas’ too?

So please don't use the "Western Idea" in asian countries.
Well, of course it isn’t a western idea. it is normal human nature. i’m an asian myself and have seen lots of people who’re lgbt.

-------
to people who are against lgbt. you only live once, so make it the happiest you will remember. the word ‘gay’ means ‘happy’. so if lgbt are happy of who they are, then why do you have so much hatred towards them? please don’t spend your precious time hating on others just because they are different from you. do understand that they are humans too.
peace out ✌🏻🕊️

You made a great post and I absolutely agree with you. Thank you!
To all the people who think it's a choice, do you think I'd choose to be hated by my whole country, by family, friends, people on the internet? Do you really think I would choose to be dofferent? I want to be equal because I am as human as all of you. And trying to be straight and forcing myself to ingnore my feelings can lead to serious consequences. In a lot of cases, suicide, because it's something you cannot just put in a box and store away, it follows you all your life. I, myself, atempted suicide once, as I am still alive it's clear that it wasn't successful. I am doing better because I stopped hiding it away in my mind and I let myself expore my identity. I'm doing better now and I think everyone should think vefore being hateful because serious things can happen.

Um i nether support or I oppose it but I do feel it is wierd and a person can do what he or she wants
I think people should be able to live their live like they want to, because they hurt no one by being in love. I also think we should as humans and as a society stop the hate once and for all, not just for lgbt, but for everyone.

Um i nether support or I oppose it but I do feel it is wierd and a person can do what he or she wants

I like your overall attitude but I think weird is a weighted word. Would it be more accurate to say that you don't understand and can't relate to homosexual attraction?

I fully support and love the LGBTQIA+ community. Love is love and we have to respect it. I also respect everyone's pronouns and gender identities. They should feel safe living in this world.

I fully support and love the LGBTQIA+ community. Love is love and we have to respect it. I also respect everyone's pronouns and gender identities. They should feel safe living in this world.
Thank you! It means a lot to have support! I'm glad you understand that a human life is important and that we should let everyone live the way they want 🙂

Frankly speaking, we are almost in 2022, we live in a technologically modern world, full of comforts our precedent generations couldn’t even dream of, therefore we should at least become more open-minded and support LGBT+ people, although there is something I often witnessed both online as well as in real life: nowadays, being heterosexual is often considered a sort of narrow-minded thing, as if I was somehow forced to be into males as well, as if my heterosexuality was something ancient and no longer acceptable.
Some LGBTQ+ people unfortunately feel morally superior because they are part of a quite sensitive community, and they consequently blame the others for not being the same way as they are. That is clearly wrong. It’s like a sort of fashion for many people who may not have understood what they are into, at least not yet.
The fact that I haven’t got LGBTQ+ people as friends doesn’t mean I am homophobic, does it? How could that ever prove a hypothetical homophobia - which I never had in my whole life?
I was often accused to be like that despite of my repetitive support towards the entire community, which sincerely still disappoints me a lot.

Lastly, we should be proud of who we really are, of our inner personalities and not of our sexual preferences.
I like what I like and the others like what they like, simple as that. Spreading it all around doesn’t make sense to me.
I noticed lots of moral superiority about non-monogamous relationships as well, as if standard relationships were no longer part of the so-called modern world we live in.
Sometimes those who - rightly - demand to be accepted are the first who misjudge the others, whereas there are simply no better human beings than others. We are all human beings and that is what really matters.

First of all, thank you for being supportive, it really means a lot to the community. You are absolutely right about the fact that heterosexuality doesn't make you homophobic. I personally have straight friends and they are on of the most amazing people I have ever met and they helped me through a lot. Being homophobic is hate towards homosexual people and I can see that it's not you. Unfortunately, there is a lot of discrimination in the community itself and that is why you probably experienced hate and being called homophobic. I am truly sorry for that. No open-minded and good person would force you into the community, as it is all about love and acceptance. The people you met that tried to force you into being into men do not understand the community even if they are a part of it. So thank you for being accepting qnd sorry you had to encounter such people. We are indeed all just humans abd the fact we like someone different shouldn't really be a problem. As pride includes not only sexual preferences it is a wide range of people who can be found there. Sexual and romantic attraction along with gender identity are all inside of the community as well. Monogamous and polyamorous relationhips exist as well. I don't really get why some people care about other people's lives more than their own, in a hateful way. I feel like everyone should live the life they want to live. So again, I am very sorry that you were treated luke that, you can be straight and still be an ally, and thank you for being just that.

Precisely. You couldn’t have described it better. I do not necessarily need to be into men to support what should unconditionally be supported by everyone.
Unfortunately, whoever claims they’ve got the right to misjudge or offend the others was probably hijacked by the hypocrisy which can easily be noticed on the Internet. They claim they are members of a community yet they refuse to respect what’s different - mentally or physically.

Don’t worry about that, my support towards the whole LGBTQ+ community will never be conditioned by a few idiots.

Precisely. You couldn’t have described it better. I do not necessarily need to be into men to support what should unconditionally be supported by everyone.
Unfortunately, whoever claims they’ve got the right to misjudge or offend the others was probably hijacked by the hypocrisy which can easily be noticed on the Internet. They claim they are members of a community yet they refuse to respect what’s different - mentally or physically.

Don’t worry about that, my support towards the whole LGBTQ+ community will never be conditioned by a few idiots.

Thank you! I'm just trying to spread love and acceptance on the internet, not just about the lgbt, but about any other kind of hate and discrimination 🙂

Important subject! My opinion: LGBTQ+ must have equal rights, just like every human deserves to be treated with respect and kindness. Also, those letters point to a non-binary, non-heteropatriarcal way of understanding LOVE, and LOVE can take so many shapes, forms... and we gotta have the love! All forms of love should be allowed, respected, accepted, no matter the sex, gender, orientation, etc.

Important subject! My opinion: LGBTQ+ must have equal rights, just like every human deserves to be treated with respect and kindness. Also, those letters point to a non-binary, non-heteropatriarcal way of understanding LOVE, and LOVE can take so many shapes, forms... and we gotta have the love! All forms of love should be allowed, respected, accepted, no matter the sex, gender, orientation, etc.
exactly! thank you!

I like your overall attitude but I think weird is a weighted word. Would it be more accurate to say that you don't understand and can't relate to homosexual attraction?

Umm?

Umm?

I'm sorry I wasn't very clear, I didn't communicate very well.

I think your attitude of not supporting or opposing LBGTQ+ is fine and I like that you aren't opposed to it.

Some words are considered "weighted" meaning they impart a high level of negativity (or positivity) when used. Saying something is weird to me means it is very negative and to me is very judgement based.

I was asking if instead of saying it's weird if it would be more accurate to say that you don't understand LBBTQ+ feelings and relationships and you also cannot relate to those feelings and relationships. I was suggesting using those because it might be a better way to express what you are feeling than just saying it's weird. However I posed it as a question to see if that's what you felt and if that would be a good way of expressing it.

Yeah in that case I think that lbgtq is not very normal

Well it actually is, people just make a big deal and think it's not

Having red hair is not very normal
Having blue eyes is not very normal
Being left handed is not very normal
Being extremely intelligent (or extremely intellectually challenged) is not very normal
Being naturally blonde is not very normal

The point is humans are widely variant. So it is normal to have variants within a population so it is normal to have LGBTQ+ people within the population.

We shouldn't discriminate against, persecute or shun those outside the norm. Their place in our population is normal even if we don't consider them to be normal.