LGBTQ+ Everyday life and customs

I think the pride value is about how LGBTQ+ community should feel, not because they're just gay or something else, but to make themselves dignified as straight people are.
Makes no sense to me. Being "proud" or describing yourself through your sexuality won't make you more dignified, and could just result in being perceived as someone weird and extremely dull, just like people describing themselves through their religion or job. Plus most of people don't give a damn about what one does at home.

Now, if it's about being treated fairly by the society, in the West, homosexuals already are. They have the right to be together and to marry or to get an equivalent at least in the West. They can't be beaten or discriminated either or people would face justice et caetera. Trans have the right to be trans, and even furries can more or less do whatever they want as long as it doesn't include animals. So I think it's fairly fine for this community.

Ps: It's been way more than 10 years than people like some christians are mocked for refusing the gay to marry too.

Ooof, haven't been here for a while huh? Well, I kinda want to share things that happened because I can't really talk to people in my life. My parents for example are the people I always expected to be the ones I could trust the most. Turned out to be false. Through the last few years I realized how harmful some things they taught me were. Anyway... I have had a few friends admit to me they are questioning their sexuality or gender (or both) and I've tried to be nothing but supportive. I told them I'm here to listen and help and I'm here if they'd like to share anything about them with me at any point. I have been working on myself for months and trying to get better. I feel like I've accomplished a lot. I am not embarassed of myself anymore. I stoped caring about the fact my hair isn't as everyone elses, that I am not skinny, that I am overweight... But I still feel something I've never felt about myself, I feel beautiful for the first time in my life. I feel happy as I am. I will change some things for my own health, but the fact I've accepted myself after many years of thinking I am the ugliest person ever. I feel happier knowing I am moving in the right direction regarding myself. So I feel like I had some good change in my life and I feel like I helped a few of my friends as well. I'm here if anyone needs a friend to talk. Just know I'll listen, I'll be here, I'll try to give advice if you need me to. Just know I care about all of my friends and I consider myself to be very open minded. 🙂

Im a Part of it 🙂

Frankly speaking, we are almost in 2022, we live in a technologically modern world, full of comforts our precedent generations couldn’t even dream of, therefore we should at least become more open-minded and support LGBT+ people, although there is something I often witnessed both online as well as in real life: nowadays, being heterosexual is often considered a sort of narrow-minded thing, as if I was somehow forced to be into males as well, as if my heterosexuality was something ancient and no longer acceptable.
Some LGBTQ+ people unfortunately feel morally superior because they are part of a quite sensitive community, and they consequently blame the others for not being the same way as they are. That is clearly wrong. It’s like a sort of fashion for many people who may not have understood what they are into, at least not yet.
My heterosexuality doesn’t necessarily make me homophobic, for instance.
The fact that I haven’t got LGBTQ+ people as friends doesn’t mean I am homophobic, does it? How could that ever prove a hypothetical homophobia - which I never had in my whole life?
I was often accused to be like that despite of my repetitive support towards the entire community, which sincerely still disappoints me a lot.

Lastly, we should be proud of who we really are, of our inner personalities and not of our sexual preferences.
I like what I like and the others like what they like, simple as that. Spreading it all around doesn’t make sense to me.
I noticed lots of moral superiority about non-monogamous relationships as well, as if standard relationships were no longer part of the so-called modern world we live in.
Sometimes those who - rightly - demand to be accepted are the first who misjudge the others, whereas there are simply no better human beings than others. We are all human beings and that is what really matters.

Edit by Call_me_mattia .

I think many guys support LGBTQ+ because it is now a big trend with millions of folowers.

Yes, it is modern. That is the reason.

LGBTQ+ is a serious thing and it is a shame that many people use this group to become more famous.

LGBT are sexual disorders. An illness can never be a lifestyle

Edit by admin: please moderate your words

Edit by Etienne .

Im a Part of it 🙂
Aww that's great! It's amazing to be proud of yourself and being brave enough to come out 🙂

I think many guys support LGBTQ+ because it is now a big trend with millions of folowers.
Some people use it as a "trend" but those are rare and they do not understand what it means or the struggle that lgbt people go through. I would not call it a trend because it has been around since there is humanity, there is homosexual behaviour between animals as well, so it wouldn't be unnatural either as some people say it is. I would gladly answer more questions about it as long as the questions do not encourage hate or anything like that. It is actually a theme that people who are not a part of it don't understand almost at all as they have never experienced it. I would suggest you research a bit more about it before making such claims. I do not want to be mean or anything, I'm just trying to educate people and help them understand that it's not just something that is "trendy" and it doesn't have followers, it just has people that relate to certain labels and it includes people who do not fit into traditional gender and sexuality norms, because no human is the same and as humans, we should learn and understand that it's not impossible to be different and to have different feelings about others and ourselves. We should learn to accept people and offer support to the people who are struggling and are not understood. That's an important step and it's important we at least educate ourselves about it. I am offering to answer any questions that, as I said earlier, do not promote hate. You can ask me here or privately. I feel like a bit of insight wouldn't hurt. If you do decide to ask and look into it, I'm sure you'll see how much people don't understand about the community. If you decide to try and get some insight, internet's here, I'm here, just know it means a lot when people actually try to understand others even though they aren't in that specific situation. 🙂

Edit by Dora1207 .

as I explained in the previous post, it isn't modern and it actually goes back a long way

LGBTQ+ is a serious thing and it is a shame that many people use this group to become more famous.
It is rarely used for becoming more famous because homophobic people often stop following a certain famous person because of coming out. Coming out itself is a stressful and hard situation and being famous is even harder and scarier. There is a lot of homophobic people that stop following someone based on their identity, so I would say it's risky being lgbt while famous because it could absolutely ruin their career.

It's not a disorder or an illness. I wouldn't even call it a lifestyle. Just imagine yourself in the situation that you are threatened with death, prison or something like that because you simply love someone differently than others. People just want to marry someone different, it doesn't even affect you, so I do not see the reason to be so hateful towards them when you don't even know what they're going through. I would never be hateful, but imagine that you were told your "heterosexual lifestyle" isn't by the norm and you're now not allowed to love, get married and you can instead be killed on the street with almost no consequences to the killer and you can be imprisioned because of simply being in love. Just imagine being a literal criminal in 72 countries and the other countries still do not even allow you marriage. Just imagine that on your own skin. Life might be easier if you just got some insight in how hard it is to have such a life, and you can't even help it. Like I said in one of my previous posts, I'm open to questions, just don't spread hate.

You could make the same argument for Christianity, Islam, etc.. The reason that people are members of these religions is because they are a big trend (culturally) and have millions of followers.

So are you convinced that most of the people who believe in LGBTQ+ rights are only doing it because it's trendy as opposed to believing that it's important for those people to have rights and not be persecuted or targeted for violence because of who they are?

Sorry, this is not the belief of most people in the psychology and psychiatric community. What are your credentials to make such statements?

The thing that's modern is understanding human nature, scientific knowledge and not deciding something is bad just because some ancient religious principals have said it's bad.

I think lgbt people are just like any other people.
They’re fellow humans.
From what the people will are against them tell are, that the lgbt are evil, they’re against the nature (huh, what? 🤦🏻‍♀️), they “choose” to be lgbt (no one can choose that), they’re against religion, etc. those are all stereotypes.. some people really need to wake up. hey, it’s 2022 not 1950s.
pride is just being proud of who you are. if you are lgbt, then be proud of yourself. if you are straight, then also be proud of yourself. it’s not like lgbt people are “special” or anything like that, they’re normal functioning human beings too. being lgbt is a little part of who they are in their life.
i‘ve heard another stereotype like, lgbt people force heteros to become one of them. no one can choose to become gay. and maybe that person is just trying to educate you against the stereotypes because only knowledge helps to decrease hatred and ignorance.

it isn’t modern, it dates back hundreds of years ago. and homos are found in animals

So please don't use the "Western Idea" in asian countries.
Well, of course it isn’t a western idea. it is normal human nature. i’m an asian myself and have seen lots of people who’re lgbt.

-------
to people who are against lgbt. you only live once, so make it the happiest you will remember. the word ‘gay’ means ‘happy’. so if lgbt are happy of who they are, then why do you have so much hatred towards them? please don’t spend your precious time hating on others just because they are different from you. do understand that they are humans too.
peace out ✌🏻🕊️

Edit by hogwartsdropout .

Um i nether support or I oppose it but I do feel it is wierd and a person can do what he or she wants