Opinion: Homophobia. Politics and governments

Caty_827, who cares? It's your choice whom are you going to love. But I can tell you that you can't conceive a child from the person of the same sex. Do you still love the person of the same sex it's your choice, but you won't have children. So, what is the question? Do we like gays or not? Who cares? Let them do what they want.

Yes, I'm definitely a proud homophobe even though it's a wrong word created by LGBT members to belittle people who disagree with their movement. That doesn't mean, however, that I am afraid of them, or hate them, just this movement disgusts me and I think it's harmful to society I often had a bad experience talking to its members as many of them have their psychology shattered to smithereens.
NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS 🙂 <3
how about society's business? In LGBT, the amount of infections like HIV or AIDS is much larger than regular, the suicide count is much more, and if it grows, it might also hurt normal human reproduction.
And they're not those hurting humanity, discrimination is. We're all humans and we all deserve to live as we want to, because everyone deserves freedom.
And you're talking about discrimination? Almost everywhere in the world, there are lots of supporters of LGBT, they get equal if not more extensive rights than straight people, they do their parades in the open, and many people join them every day.
Let's create a hypothetical scenario: I am a proud apfelstrudel even though it's a wrong word created by the LGBT community members to belittle people who disagree with their movement. Nobody called me an apfelstrudel. I just made that up because I think that's what disagreeing with the LGBT community is called like.

You'll see, members of the community itself have very strong diseagreements with it. Some don't even want to be related to it. They're not homophobes; they hold an opinion.

Yes, I'm definitely a proud homophobe even though it's a wrong word created by LGBT members to belittle people who disagree with their movement. That doesn't mean, however, that I am afraid of them, or hate them, just this movement disgusts me and I think it's harmful to society I often had a bad experience talking to its members as many of them have their psychology shattered to smithereens.
how about society's business? In LGBT, the amount of infections like HIV or AIDS is much larger than regular, the suicide count is much more, and if it grows, it might also hurt normal human reproduction.
And they're not those hurting humanity, discrimination is. We're all humans and we all deserve to live as we want to, because everyone deserves freedom.
And you're talking about discrimination? Almost everywhere in the world, there are lots of supporters of LGBT, they get equal if not more extensive rights than straight people, they do their parades in the open, and many people join them every day.
Let's create a hypothetical scenario: I am a proud apfelstrudel even though it's a wrong word created by the LGBT community members to belittle people who disagree with their movement. Nobody called me an apfelstrudel. I just made that up because I think that's what disagreeing with the LGBT community is called like.

You'll see, members of the community itself have very strong diseagreements with it. Some don't even want to be related to it. They're not homophobes; they hold an opinion.

Homophobe? That's an etymology freak. Homo means "the same" and "phobia" means "the fear". All in all, it means "fear of the same". Makes on sense.

Everything should get to the question: is it making any harm that two guys love each other or are partners?

Of course it also isn't the problem if someone just don't like it. It's not homophobia.

I don't think that the genesis of the word itself is any important now.

Homophobe? That's an etymology freak. Homo means "the same" and "phobia" means "the fear". All in all, it means "fear of the same". Makes on sense.
What's your point bringing etimology to the table?

Everything should get to the question: is it making any harm that two guys love each other or are partners?

Of course it also isn't the problem if someone just don't like it. It's not homophobia.

I don't think that the genesis of the word itself is any important now.

Hi. I'm afraid that's the wrong question: this post was created to discuss the morality of homophobia and not that of homosexuality. You can find a different post on PenPal Gate on this topic (and an exorbitating large number of others across the Internet).

I agree that not liking homosexuality doesn't necessarily count as homophobia.

I would like to add something to the general discussion here.
I write German and have it translated into English, so one or two phrases might be questionable.
It is everyone's right to be homophobic.
That is not the question, but the question is whether he is within the legal provisions that apply to his state.
Further: I did not choose to be gay. Sexual preference is innate.
This is also true of paedophilia. You cannot 'cure' a paedophile.
He is just unlucky compared to me. I was able to find a partner without coming into conflict with the law.
The paedophile can't. By the way, these are superimposed preferences.
So if you assume that 95% of people are heterosexual and 5% are homosexual, that also applies to paedophiles.
95% of paedophiles are heterosexual and 5% homosexual, even if the media reality gives a different impression.
The age of consent is a social consensus.
But that applies to many things: voting age, juvenile criminal law, age of marriage are just a few other examples.
No one will call a medieval king a paedophile in retrospect,
because he had to marry a 12-year-old at 16 and certainly didn't wait until - yes, until when? - waited.
So if someone rejects me because they can't accept that I'm gay, be my guest. I don't care.
Anyway, I'm glad I live in a society where I can live the way I was born to live.
We should do everything we can to preserve this privilege of our society.
Speech bubbles do not help us in this.
Thanks for your contribution. It's very clear and truthful.

I think that everyone should enjoy their orientation as they wish, but without hurting anyone. I'm not for or against, everyone lives their own life, it's their life and no one should be judging.
🙂

Hi, thank you for your comment. It's rather sweet. But let me use it as a reminder that this discussion is about the morality of homophobia and not that of homosexuality.

Caty_827, who cares? It's your choice whom are you going to love. But I can tell you that you can't conceive a child from the person of the same sex. Do you still love the person of the same sex it's your choice, but you won't have children. So, what is the question? Do we like gays or not? Who cares? Let them do what they want.
Hi. This post was not created to debate the morality of homosexuality but that of homophobia.

Okey, then what exactly homophobia is?

Because I know people can call someone's homophobic if a person will say joke about gays, or when someone don't like watching when two guys kissing.
Or when someone doesn't want them to adopt children.

So tell the definition.

I have to point put that looking at the evolution of HIV and AIDS you can see how this is a stupid thing to say. Slowly, it's the straight people who are getting greater ratios of infections now. This idea is a staple of the stock of homophobic arguments.

On a different note, you can't give this info on "rights" without some specifics (like, where?). And parades do not discriminate on the straights; you can actually come to the parade if you feel like it. Just be nice.

Okey, then what exactly homophobia is?

Because I know people can call someone's homophobic if a person will say joke about gays, or when someone don't like watching when two guys kissing.
Or when someone doesn't want them to adopt children.

So tell the definition.

Hi. It's also not my job to provide the definition. That's what the discussion is for.

I'd say, for the purpose of this discussion, HOMOPHOBIA is the "Negative attitudes towards homosexual people and homosexuality which may be manifested in discrimination, hostile behaviour, or hate crimes". What do you say?

Omg! Homophobia is terrible! To be LGBT+ is normal, only that in the past centuries for religions it was considered a wrong thing, but love is never wrong

I think it's not right to hate somebody for his choice or disease. But the topic is more serious here. For example, in Canada somebody decided to allow two men to dance in figure skating. So, what is next? Are we allow to do the same for women? Or they going to compete with other couples? What about transgenders? Are we have to make for them some exceptions or what? What is it all these nonsense? How many bathrooms we going to have? Or we will go to the same bathroom?

I thought segregated restaurants were ended years ago.
I've known gay men who love the taboo lust and it's hard to see them in a good light.

With all these phony questions we are creating a mess! Blacks have the rights, gays have the rights, women, children etc. Why we can't say that everybody has the right to be himself. But I would feel uncomfortable to go at the same restroom with women. I would feel uncomfortable compete in powerlifting with women because it's unfair to women. And many more uncomfortable things and situations which some people create I don't know why? What is the purpose? Just to be quer?

Guys, just have mercy on your kids. Don't allow these surgeries and hormone medication for kids to change their gender. There are now so many cases when they grow up and want to have their own kids, or return to their native genders, and they cannot! This is very sick of grownups to allow such things, let them first become totally responsible for their actions. And this sex education in kindergartens, what all is it for? All these naked parades, drag queen shows - why do you take kids to see all this? You know if I were a kid, I would be scared to see all these naked people on the street and wouldn't like to see a model of men's penis in the kindergarten. I tell you. So let them kids grow in care and protection.

Guys, just have mercy on your kids. Don't allow these surgeries and hormone medication for kids to change their gender. There are now so many cases when they grow up and want to have their own kids, or return to their native genders, and they cannot! This is very sick of grownups to allow such things, let them first become totally responsible for their actions. And this sex education in kindergartens, what all is it for? All these naked parades, drag queen shows - why do you take kids to see all this? You know if I were a kid, I would be scared to see all these naked people on the street and wouldn't like to see a model of men's penis in the kindergarten. I tell you. So let them kids grow in care and protection.
That has nothhing to do with homosexuality... Gender dysphoria is a mental condition (troubles) which is sometimes pushed nowadays, but homosexuality is a sexual attraction.
Same, LGBTQ78877+ and all the ideology around doesn't represent homosexuality either. Many homosexuals are in fact not happy with that propaganda and the image it gives them.