Opinion: Homophobia. Politics and governments

As a society we've been discussing the morality of being gay all throughout our history.

Can any of you raise your hand and say "Yes, I'm a proud homophobe"?

i think the lack of responses shows that nobody wants to say that right?
i think it it is rather ironic that a discussion about homosexuality is right above this one
( i am a proud supporter of the lgbt+-community)

But never the less we have seen how the thread about homosexuality went towards homophobia.

Rick Warren is correct when he said “Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.”

I think homophobia is disgusting, like why would someone else’s sexuality bother you? ( I don’t mean you, I meant you as in a general term)

As a society we've been discussing the morality of being gay all throughout our history.

Yes I'm a proud homophobe. I guess you should ask your question in a place where homosexuality is punished with death penalty, and not to people inwhich homophobia is more or less illegal and punished.

I think homophobia is disgusting, like why would someone else’s sexuality bother you? ( I don’t mean you, I meant you as in a general term)
Aren't pedophiles bothering you?

Edit by Lianshen .

Yes I'm a proud homophobe. I guess you should ask your question in a place where homosexuality is punished with death penalty, and not to people inwhich homophobia is more or less illegal and punished.

By referring to sexuality, I was talking about a females or males preference in the gender of their partner (their sexual orientation), not age. Pedophilia is abhorrent full stop. On the topic of homophobia, I think that at the end of the day, we all go to our own graves with only our own actions to hold into account; why bother with the actions of others? Why spread hate? It is best to stay silent than utter words which will damage your honour.

Edit by Lemonada .

By referring to sexuality, I was talking about a females or males preference in the gender of their partner, not age. Pedophilia is abhorrent full stop. On the topic of homophobia, I think that at the end of the day, we all go to our own graves with only our own actions to hold into account; why bother with the actions of others? Why spread hate? It is best to stay silent than utter words which will damage your honour.
You asked why would someone else's sexuality bother someone and as far as I know, pedophilia falls into this box. So why would the sexuality of a pedophile bother you? Aren't you making huge double standard here? After all, why would one care about a pedophile or any other sexuality but just let the homosexuals free if it's only about one's sexual orientation? Or maybe your previous claim was just not fitting your own beliefs and there are at least shades to add?

Also, is sexuality a preference? Do you choose to be homosexual or heterosexual? If so, then you can adapt to your environment and stop being homo, problem solved, no homophobia anymore. However, if it's nto a matter of choice, then why pedophilia would be more abhorrent since a sexual preference is not a preference but something inate?

Back to your questions: why bother with the actions of others ? Why spread hate toward pedos ? Also why caring about others' honour? 😮

Pedophilia has the consequence of traumatasing a child, a homosexuals person doesn't when he is sexuell engaging with someone he likes.

If he or she or they do traumatized someone by having sex with him, then it is rape not matter the gender. Pedophilia always goes down the road of assaulting a child against their will or doing something they are not capable of understanding.

The secret ingredient is consent. Thats why rape, bestiality and pedophilia is absolutely not okay, but being gay or lesbian is because it involves two mature consenting adults that both know about the consequences of their actions. The LGBTQIA+ community has often stated that they do not include pedophiles because people like the person above will confuse it with a sexual orientation.

Pedophilia has the consequence of traumatasing a child, a homosexuals person doesn't when he is sexuell engaging with someone he likes.

If he or she or they do traumatized someone by having sex with him, then it is rape not matter the gender. Pedophilia always goes down the road of assaulting a child against their will or doing something they are not capable of understanding.

The secret ingredient is consent. Thats why rape, bestiality and pedophilia is absolutely not okay, but being gay or lesbian is because it involves two mature consenting adults that both know about the consequences of their actions. The LGBTQIA+ community has often stated that they do not include pedophiles because people like the person above will confuse it with a sexual orientation.

Maybe, but that's not the point, the point was someone's sexuality. Futhermore, one can be a pedophile and civilized enough not to asssault any child the same as someone can be heterosexual and not rape any individual of the other sex met on the way.

Hence, if the key is consent, why not specifically mentionning it since someone's sexual orientation can be "bad" or "abhorrent"? However and in this case, what about people who love to do things with potatoes?
Also, when does pedophilia stop? At 13, 15, 18 years old? When the child reach puberty..? When does it get the ability to give its consent in full awareness exactly ? Is a relationship between a 19yo and a 17yo person an assault, pedophilia or a bad things? Is a 19-16 relationship one? When does it start to be pedophilia with an objective measure?

The LGBTQIA+ community has often stated that they do not include pedophiles because people like the person above will confuse it with a sexual orientation.
What is this supposed to mean? as far as I know, the topic is about homosexuality, not about the LGBTQ.. community, both are to be not confused because the LGBT doesn't represent homosexuals at all, but only a part of them.

Maybe, but that's not the point, the point was someone's sexuality. Futhermore, one can be a pedophile and civilized enough not to asssault any child the same as someone can be heterosexual and not rape any individual of the other sex met on the way.

I mean I wasn't a part of this discussion, but I just want to say: Being gay or lesbian is a matter of somebody's sexual orientation. Pedophilia is a psychological disorder. So just keep the things apart that need to be kept apart, okay?
Also: It is possible, that someone who is attracted to children doesn't necessarily act on it. But too many do - because their psychological disorder makes them. That's the whole problem. At first some might be able to hold themselves back. But at some point a lot of them do act. They do assault children. No, not 19 year olds, 7 year olds. Or even younger.
Just on the side here.

I mean I wasn't a part of this discussion, but I just want to say: Being gay or lesbian is a matter of somebody's sexual orientation. Pedophilia is a psychological disorder. So just keep the things apart that need to be kept apart, okay?
Not so far in the past, homosexuality was, too, a sexual disorder.
Also: It is possible, that someone who is attracted to children doesn't necessarily act on it. But too many do - because their psychological disorder makes them. That's the whole problem. At first some might be able to hold themselves back. But at some point a lot of them do act. They do assault children. No, not 19 year olds, 7 year olds. Or even younger.
Too many homo or hetero perform sexual assault as well, so?

I also haven't seen answers to my questions about why pedophilia would be especially bad. You tell me that some 7 years old are being assaulted, but not when pedophilia starts/stops at all.

Pedophilia is a form of paraphilia. Paraphilias are frequent, intense, sexually arousing fantasies or behaviors that involve inanimate objects, children or nonconsenting adults, or suffering or humiliation of oneself or the partner. Paraphilic disorders are paraphilias that cause distress or cause problems functioning in the person with the paraphilia or that harm or may harm another person. The diagnosis of a pedophilic disorder requires that the person be 16 years old or older and at least 5 years older than the child who is the object of the sexual fantasies or activity. However, sexual involvement of an older adolescent (aged 17 to 18) with a 12- or 13-year-old may not be considered a disorder. The age criteria used to identify when such activity is considered a crime may differ. Not all pedophiles are child molesters (or vice versa). Child molesters are defined by their acts; pedophiles are defined by their desires.

Looking for the best convection microwave oven in India under 10000 for your kitchen and start
cooking. https://www.bestmicrowave.in/best-microwave-oven-india
Thank you! I soon will buy an Indian microwave oven…😂😂😂

Looking for the best convection microwave oven in India under 10000 for your kitchen and start
cooking. https://www.bestmicrowave.in/best-microwave-oven-india
What’s going on in here? 😂😂

My opinion on that would be: i don't approve the idea of homosexuality hence dont support it. I have my reservations, but based on that i don't hate people who practice it or support it. They have their arguements, their right . I also am against homophobia based on that and i think people bashing others for not approving of homosexuality are at wrong too.

I don't understand why there is still someone who thinks that loving the same genre is unacceptable..
I mean: first of, why does this bother you? And second: that's perfectly normal, you can't chose who to love.
And also, what's the problem in being transgender, or bigender, or other non-binary gender identity.....?
Give me an answer that makes sense, please. I can't understand.

And, plus, I'm questioning and bisexual, so you should have a really convincing answer to make me think you're right.
Why can't we have same respect that you have? Why can't we love who we want, or be who web want?