Why are many countries full of prejudice against China? Politics and governments

Then, please show your prove. I will be glad to hear that
I always see some bad remarks about China on the news?But most of them are false.why?
most of them are true

Nobody asks China to stray into Taiwan and India

I agree that this is happening at times here in the US but we often have publications that call them on their propaganda.
I see them only on "unreliable" websites/news sites which get labelled as conspirationnists or fascists (or communists, both are easy) often and despite some of them are just months ahead reality (typically the green then vaccinal pass in France, or the migration policy, or the bilionnaires policies). Even if they are not, then they are burried and the vast majority of people have no access to them. Couldn't it be assumed that some local and small entities would do the same, to some extent, in China?

No, Julian Assange is being extradited to the United States for breaking a spying law and conspiracy to access government computers. No one who published the information that Julian Assange provided has been arrested or charged with anything.
Assange mostly gave a free access to these documents. Wikileaks is mostly like wikipedia; a host, not a source. Hence, he only does the job of a journalist here, but it seems to be pissing the US for it has given insight to everybody about what happened in Afghanistan and Irak for instance.
To me, saying that Julian Assange persecution is no less that what people accuse countries like North Korea or China to do to their own whistleblowers.

Concerning punishing the people publishing informatioins shared on WikiLeaks, I dare say that it would be a little bit too much to arrest any people visiting a website... As for the (mainstream) medias publishing things from WikiLeaks, they are oftenc omplient with the government by sharing only a not so relevant part of the leaks (haven't seen the video showing the US army shooting civilians and journalists in IRak in the medias... The spying of France by the NSA? 2 lines because the story was big enough...)

What's more, the whole hunt of Assange start with false accusations of raping by a Swedish procuror (froma preliminary investigation) that have been dropped since then. THe US used this excuse to accuse Assange of spying, whereas he did journalism only. The funniest in this story is that the USA accuse an Australian, wokring in Iceland, to be spying on them and violate a US law. What legitimacy is there? From what I know China doesn't do that and I'd be very concerned if you were to be condemned to death penalty by Iran for being an atheist while you are not Iranian and don't live in Iran at all.

We do not block media from other countries. People are free to find opposing information in foreign media if they wish.
Are they though? If you mention China, Iran or North Korea in the West, you'll get allergic reactions from people stating how dictatorial and bad those places are, without taking any consideration for the context, the history or the political situation there. In these conditions, isn't even useful to block "opposing" informations if people are unwilling to even considering to give a look at them to start with?
How many people are even aware of the medias in other countries? What percentage here knows china daily for instance (a website equivalent to France 24, giving Chinese viewpoint, in English, on the world)?

I do agree that the media in the United States is not independent enough and there are too few people controlling what is published in the mainstream media. However it isn't the government itself doing it but like you said the billionaires who control the media. One could argue that the billionaires could be considered a shadow government in the United States but they are not the government itself no matter how much influence they have.
If the medias controls the crowd, then it controls the election, thus the government and the media is no different in our era and countries in my opinion.

Also I don't consider being able to express one's opinions in private with being free to express one's opinions.
Well, for sure there is a difference between stating publicly how bad do you find a government and doing it with a relative...

I'd appreciate it if you'd share some media sources you do trust that don't fall into the AngloSaxon media bucket. They'd have to have English translations because I am one of those ignorant US citizens that only knows English.
Trust is a big word, and most of them are in French unfortunately as I don't read political news much nowadays. Les Crises (French) or Chian Daily, despite having their flows are interesting to get a different viewpoint and building an opinion for me though.

When I look for information on at least some of the issues I've mentioned I do not find articles critical of the ones that are reporting the situation. I do agree that it could be based on search algorithms burying such information. That is one of the reasons I've asked others for some credible articles. Once I have some sources for opposing information I can use them in the future when researching other information.
The question to me is wether the medias talking about some issues have evidences of their claims or not. Most of the time, they haven't or it seems like "Iraq has chemical weapons" level of evidence. As I said before, it's the one who claim something that has to prove its claim, not the accused that has to disprove it.

I don't know what you're refering to here.
As I said just above, when the US claims that China is doing this or that, it's the role of the US to prove it, not the role of China to disprove it. For instance, if I say that a teapot is rotating around the Earth, why could it be your role to prove me wrong? It's hardly possible, whereas I can prove my claim to show that I'm right, or I cannot, and my words shouldn't be taken too seriously.

I personally don't equate the measures to reduce the spread and affects of Covid with the policies China has. To me you are comparing apples with oranges but you don't seem to see it that way. Maybe I'm not seeing the reasoning behind your comparisons. I might need some additional information as to how they are the same.
In France, they could be though for the measures have very few to do with the sanitary situation but more to do with the political situation. There is no link between forcing people to get a "green" or "vaccinal" pass and having a safe population. The whole crisis is used as a tool to enforce laws destinated to monitor and repress the population, to transform a country into a dictatorship full of the most ridiculous propaganda and to distract the people from other problems that are concerning in the West, like the fact that people are getting poorer and poorer whereas the top 1% is getting incredibly richer. It's even worse when such laws are passed during Christmas vacations in... the middle of the night.
Among such laws: vaccinal pass; inability to go to the hospital, or do daily activities for non vaccinated. Kicking people from their job for refusing a vaccine (and discussion about imposing the vaccinal pass to any kind of job), forbidding to take videos of the police, throwing tv spot about how vaccination is good... not to protect yourself, but to get back your freedom( which is promised since almost a year), stating that every people against a pass are antivax, retards and conspirationists (plot twist: most of them are not even antivax ), giving more money to a minority of people while grabbing it from a majority, forcing the use of apps that violate users' privacy for... figghting the covid, taking arbitrary decision against the recommandation of a "scientific council" (that has been wiped out once or twice for contradicting the government and is filled with puppets that msotly aren't epidemiologists or virologists...)

To me, monitoring the population, saying how bad citizens are the people who refuse to buy the doxa, taking their freedom, forcing them to do this or that, replacing councils on a regularly basis, passing laws when no counter power can vote is more or less what we constantly accuse China to do.

China has never spray into Taiwan.

I always see some bad remarks about China on the news?But most of them are false.why?
most of them are true

China has never spray into Taiwan.
most of them are true

https://msn.com/en-in/video/watch/the-tension-between-china-and-taiwan-at-their-highest/vi-AAPCjXO?ocid=msedgntp
and I hope you know about the galwan valley incident if not then go and read about it and a few weeks ago a chinese patrol strayed to India on horses without any shame whatsoever

+it's not the chinese people it's Xi Jimping and his communist cronies

Yes, china mainland is currently in a bad relationship with Taiwan. but I think you should acknowledge why we are in bad relationship with them.
http://www.taiwan.cn/xwzx/la/202111/t20211102_12388381.htm

Yes, china mainland is currently in a bad relationship with Taiwan. but I think you should acknowledge why we are in bad relationship with them.

because they are power hungry they want parts of India and whole of Taiwan nobody asks them to do it+ they never acknowledge ''people's rights''

I think you are trying to change the topic. so what about let's go back to the original one. How do you prove that most "facts" you heard about china is true? Do you see them by your own eyes

because they are power hungry they want parts of India and whole of Taiwan nobody asks them to do it+ they never acknowledge ''people's rights''

I think you are trying to change the topic. so what about let's go back to the original one. How do you prove that most "facts" you heard about china is true? Do you see them by your own eyes

i do

the Chinese government has repeatedly crossed the line, The galwan valley incident, almost every third day Chinese nuclear capable bombers go over Taiwanese airspace, to add I believe that coronavirus was purposely ''leaked'' out of wuhan and huanan market was an excuse

and most of 'made in China' stuff is flimsy and breaks almost instantly this causes us to think that ''china is not a good country''

and it is communist and support a country which has gone too wrong (DPRK)

Hi everyboy, I recently saw a youtuber talking about china and thought about the conflict in this thread.

The youtuber has been living and working in china over a decade, speaking fluent chinese, has a chinese wife and took dozens motorbike trip in the inner country of china. So plenty of expierence. Since he moved back to his homecountry he feels free to talk about the negative parts of china and he didn´t felt free to talk about this before while living in china.

I would everbody rooting for china here recommend watching the recent videos since he moved back.

cheers 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi6AXpoq1vQ

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl7mAGnY4jh4Ps8rhhh8XZg

Hi everyboy, I recently saw a youtuber talking about china and thought about the conflict in this thread.

The youtuber has been living and working in china over a decade, speaking fluent chinese, has a chinese wife and took dozens motorbike trip in the inner country of china. So plenty of expierence. Since he moved back to his homecountry he feels free to talk about the negative parts of china and he didn´t felt free to talk about this before while living in china.

I would everbody rooting for china here recommend watching the recent videos since he moved back.

cheers 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi6AXpoq1vQ

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl7mAGnY4jh4Ps8rhhh8XZg

I know it´s not possible for people with chinese internet access and already that should give you something to think about 😉

I agree that this is happening at times here in the US but we often have publications that call them on their propaganda.
I see them only on "unreliable" websites/news sites which get labelled as conspirationnists or fascists (or communists, both are easy) often and despite some of them are just months ahead reality (typically the green then vaccinal pass in France, or the migration policy, or the bilionnaires policies). Even if they are not, then they are burried and the vast majority of people have no access to them. Couldn't it be assumed that some local and small entities would do the same, to some extent, in China?

There are definitely credible conservative publications and websites that present well argued, reality based cases for their criticism but most of the ones we hear about are the more inflammatory sites and publications that tend to play fast and loose with non-credible information.

Based on what I've read (and I agree it might be biased) the online forums are readily found by the Chinese internet surveillance infrastructure. There may be small organizations that are not online.

We do not block media from other countries. People are free to find opposing information in foreign media if they wish.

Are they though? If you mention China, Iran or North Korea in the West, you'll get allergic reactions from people stating how dictatorial and bad those places are, without taking any consideration for the context, the history or the political situation there. In these conditions, isn't even useful to block "opposing" informations if people are unwilling to even considering to give a look at them to start with?
How many people are even aware of the medias in other countries? What percentage here knows china daily for instance (a website equivalent to France 24, giving Chinese viewpoint, in English, on the world)?

The citizens of the US tend not to be interested in reaching beyond what they're being fed by whatever news source they use whether it be Fox News, NPR, QAnon, MSNBC, Newsmax or whatever. However there is a huge difference between not being interested in doing something and not being able to do something.

I do agree that the media in the United States is not independent enough and there are too few people controlling what is published in the mainstream media. However it isn't the government itself doing it but like you said the billionaires who control the media. One could argue that the billionaires could be considered a shadow government in the United States but they are not the government itself no matter how much influence they have.
If the medias controls the crowd, then it controls the election, thus the government and the media is no different in our era and countries in my opinion.

We'll have to agree to disagree here. I recognize the influence that media has on people, but it isn't control.

I'd appreciate it if you'd share some media sources you do trust that don't fall into the AngloSaxon media bucket. They'd have to have English translations because I am one of those ignorant US citizens that only knows English.
Trust is a big word, and most of them are in French unfortunately as I don't read political news much nowadays. Les Crises (French) or Chian Daily, despite having their flows are interesting to get a different viewpoint and building an opinion for me though.

Thank you. After writing that I realized that I can use Google Translate for most sources. It only makes searching for articles on a particular topic more difficult.

When I look for information on at least some of the issues I've mentioned I do not find articles critical of the ones that are reporting the situation. I do agree that it could be based on search algorithms burying such information. That is one of the reasons I've asked others for some credible articles. Once I have some sources for opposing information I can use them in the future when researching other information.
The question to me is wether the medias talking about some issues have evidences of their claims or not. Most of the time, they haven't or it seems like "Iraq has chemical weapons" level of evidence. As I said before, it's the one who claim something that has to prove its claim, not the accused that has to disprove it.

That is why its important for me to use media sources I consider credible. I believe the New York Times and Washington Post have good track records at being credible. They aren't perfect but they usually do a good job retracting inaccurate stories.

As I said just above, when the US claims that China is doing this or that, it's the role of the US to prove it, not the role of China to disprove it. For instance, if I say that a teapot is rotating around the Earth, why could it be your role to prove me wrong? It's hardly possible, whereas I can prove my claim to show that I'm right, or I cannot, and my words shouldn't be taken too seriously.

The reason I've asked for articles showing that the information being reported about China is inaccurate is because the "proof" they've provided for various claims, satellite photos, interviews by people who have been in the areas, etc... have been enough for me to believe their claims. Coupled with the credible nature of the publications that carried the stories I have enough "proof" to believe them.

I personally don't equate the measures to reduce the spread and affects of Covid with the policies China has. To me you are comparing apples with oranges but you don't seem to see it that way. Maybe I'm not seeing the reasoning behind your comparisons. I might need some additional information as to how they are the same.
In France, they could be though for the measures have very few to do with the sanitary situation but more to do with the political situation. There is no link between forcing people to get a "green" or "vaccinal" pass and having a safe population. The whole crisis is used as a tool to enforce laws destinated to monitor and repress the population, to transform a country into a dictatorship full of the most ridiculous propaganda and to distract the people from other problems that are concerning in the West, like the fact that people are getting poorer and poorer whereas the top 1% is getting incredibly richer. It's even worse when such laws are passed during Christmas vacations in... the middle of the night.
Among such laws: vaccinal pass; inability to go to the hospital, or do daily activities for non vaccinated. Kicking people from their job for refusing a vaccine (and discussion about imposing the vaccinal pass to any kind of job), forbidding to take videos of the police, throwing tv spot about how vaccination is good... not to protect yourself, but to get back your freedom( which is promised since almost a year), stating that every people against a pass are antivax, retards and conspirationists (plot twist: most of them are not even antivax ), giving more money to a minority of people while grabbing it from a majority, forcing the use of apps that violate users' privacy for... figghting the covid, taking arbitrary decision against the recommandation of a "scientific council" (that has been wiped out once or twice for contradicting the government and is filled with puppets that msotly aren't epidemiologists or virologists...)

To me, monitoring the population, saying how bad citizens are the people who refuse to buy the doxa, taking their freedom, forcing them to do this or that, replacing councils on a regularly basis, passing laws when no counter power can vote is more or less what we constantly accuse China to do.

Here we clearly disagree, I feel that vaccinations are the best way to fight the spread of Covid, it's effects and the chances of it creating more mutations. I do not have problems with vaccination mandates and requirements for certain activities.

One can argue that requiring a driver's license does something similar. It allows the government to track people and prevent them from doing certain activities without having one or to get certain jobs without having one. At the same time the requirements for getting a driver's license make the world safer because people who get them have to be at least minimally aware of the traffic laws and must be able to show at least an acceptable level of driving skill to acquire one.

There are definitely credible conservative publications and websites that present well argued, reality based cases for their criticism but most of the ones we hear about are the more inflammatory sites and publications that tend to play fast and loose with non-credible information.

Based on what I've read (and I agree it might be biased) the online forums are readily found by the Chinese internet surveillance infrastructure. There may be small organizations that are not online.

The citizens of the US tend not to be interested in reaching beyond what they're being fed by whatever news source they use whether it be Fox News, NPR, QAnon, MSNBC, Newsmax or whatever. However there is a huge difference between not being interested in doing something and not being able to do something.

We'll have to agree to disagree here. I recognize the influence that media has on people, but it isn't control.

Thank you. After writing that I realized that I can use Google Translate for most sources. It only makes searching for articles on a particular topic more difficult.

That is why its important for me to use media sources I consider credible. I believe the New York Times and Washington Post have good track records at being credible. They aren't perfect but they usually do a good job retracting inaccurate stories.

The reason I've asked for articles showing that the information being reported about China is inaccurate is because the "proof" they've provided for various claims, satellite photos, interviews by people who have been in the areas, etc... have been enough for me to believe their claims. Coupled with the credible nature of the publications that carried the stories I have enough "proof" to believe them.

Here we clearly disagree, I feel that vaccinations are the best way to fight the spread of Covid, it's effects and the chances of it creating more mutations. I do not have problems with vaccination mandates and requirements for certain activities.

One can argue that requiring a driver's license does something similar. It allows the government to track people and prevent them from doing certain activities without having one or to get certain jobs without having one. At the same time the requirements for getting a driver's license make the world safer because people who get them have to be at least minimally aware of the traffic laws and must be able to show at least an acceptable level of driving skill to acquire one.

i support it this

People are too compfortable to formulate an own opinion. Everyone in the West has accesa to books and the whole internet so everyone can do a research whek he wants but such a research costs time and some efforts. So the people continue saying the same than the media and gouvernements. And many countries are subserviants of the USA which is scared of China because when China wants the USA will lose their first position in the world. China can be number One but it will wait.
When I am right the very intelligent Chinese Deng Xiaoping said that reluctance is always better than showing directly all his power.

In the end they will collapse like the USSR and Yugoslavia as they are communist, but when only time will tell