Why are many countries full of prejudice against China? Politics and governments

Because China try to capture most of the developing country by Loan trap
Please be responsible for your words

Please be responsible for your words

He is right though... Something you are not aware isn't something inexisting and China indeed have set some loan trap in quite a few countries by proposing them to financially help them to build a road, for instance, then never finishing it, rising the price and asking for money or land. There are less obvious ones, for sure, and there are fvarious ways to do the same: buying a harbour so that a country can pay a debt to another, giving an "industry" to a country to develope the place, but favourising chineses even though it's not in China et caetera.

Personally, I've no specific issues with it, and some, like the USA, do worst, but it's not appreciated by some other people when they come to know it, especially when there is a whole propaganda set up around.

They object to the way the Chinese government has treated the people of Tibet.
They object to the way the Chinese government is treating the Uyghur people.
They object to the way the Chinese government is treating the pro-democracy movement in Hong Kong.
They object to the way the Chinese government has passed laws that attempt to extend their authority over dissidents outside of their own borders.

All these things are well documented but the great digital wall of China doesn't allow people within China to see the information and that is another reason that other countries object to the way the Chinese government runs its affairs.

They object to the way the Chinese government is treating the pro-democracy movement in Hong Kong.
They object to the way the Chinese government has passed laws that attempt to extend their authority over dissidents outside of their own borders.

All these things are well documented but the great digital wall of China doesn't allow people within China to see the information and that is another reason that other countries object to the way the Chinese government runs its affairs.

Mr Poly,
Have you ever been to China?If not,don't believe what your medias said.Thank you.

I always see some bad remarks about China on the news?But most of them are false.why?
most of them are true

your Military strays into Taiwan and India with no shame, you build ports and airfields in developing areas like Sri Lanka knowing they cannot pay for them and then you will be able to use it for your self and I am almost sure your government ''leaked out a virus from Wuhan''
with all due respect

Mr Poly,
Have you ever been to China?If not,don't believe what your medias said.Thank you.

As I said these are well established facts that are agreed upon by multiple nations. And as I've also said if you're in China you are never going to see them because your access to facts that paint a negative picture about China is blocked.

One doesn't need to visit a country to know about it.

That's interesting. Then how can you proof those "facts" you mentioned are true fact? Did you see them by yourself?

Mr Poly,

As I said these are well established facts that are agreed upon by multiple nations. And as I've also said if you're in China you are never going to see them because your access to facts that paint a negative picture about China is blocked.

Mr Poly,

You live in the US... How could you claim so confidently how is the situation in China while your government seemingly despise China? Aren't you considering the biais your medias (or the western generally speaking) have toward this country or any "ennemy" of the US..? It sounds very ironic when you suggest Chinese people to take the news they got with a grain of salt considering your behaviour here...

You live in the US... How could you claim so confidently how is the situation in China while your government seemingly despise China? Aren't you considering the biais your medias (or the western generally speaking) have toward this country or any "ennemy" of the US..? It sounds very ironic when you suggest Chinese people to take the news they got with a grain of salt considering your behaviour here...

Our government doesn't block our access to media from other countries. The Chinese government does. Our government allows us to access journalism that is critical of our country and our government. At least some of it comes from within our own country. The Chinese control of their media doesn't allow their citizens and journalist such freedoms. If you have any credible reporting that shows that view is incorrect then I'd be happy to read it to get another perspective.

My views are not based on just US based media reports. Once again I have yet to see any credible journalism indicating that these views are incorrect. The few reports that do come out supporting China tend to come out of the countries with strong trade ties with them surprise, surprise.

This is the same song you seem to be playing that the US government is corrupt and that western media is biased against China but I have yet to see anything you can produce which credibly disputes the reports of western journalism and puts forth any explanations for how the evidence for those reports is incorrect.

Why?Why?Why are so many countries against China?China always gets on well other with other countries and is very glad to do so.We respect sovereignties of other countries and we didn't invade other countries!It's true!What has China done to hurt the world???Please say,say!What has China done to hurt the world?We just want to develop well, don't want to argue.Our hearts will not be evil.If we keep arguing like this, will it be good for you? Is it not a Taiwan issue, as for such a move? Even if China really recover Taiwan, infringe on the interests of you? So interested in attacking us. Did we eat your meat, or did we skin you? Is everyone's peaceful development not good? Is it not good to believe that China can solve the Taiwan issue? Is it wrong that we want to defend territorial integrity? Noisy can solve the problem? So uninteresting.Empty talk about the wrong country, do business and prosper the country!

Why?Why?Why are so many countries against China?China always gets on well other with other countries and is very glad to do so.We respect sovereignties of other countries and we didn't invade other countries!It's true!What has China done to hurt the world???Please say,say!What has China done to hurt the world?We just want to develop well, don't want to argue.Our hearts will not be evil.If we keep arguing like this, will it be good for you? Is it not a Taiwan issue, as for such a move? Even if China really recover Taiwan, infringe on the interests of you? So interested in attacking us. Did we eat your meat, or did we skin you? Is everyone's peaceful development not good? Is it not good to believe that China can solve the Taiwan issue? Is it wrong that we want to defend territorial integrity? Noisy can solve the problem? So uninteresting.Empty talk about the wrong country, do business and prosper the country!
Propaganda

If our government really block our access to media from other countries ,why can I watch you talking negative sides about China here? And why Miss Lily can study in America to see the so called truths from your medias?Every country is not perfect,and that’s what we must admit.But please respect others more .And please remark everything from both positive and negative sides,which is more helpful for us to know the world.😀🤝

Our government doesn't block our access to media from other countries. The Chinese government does. Our government allows us to access journalism that is critical of our country and our government. At least some of it comes from within our own country. The Chinese control of their media doesn't allow their citizens and journalist such freedoms. If you have any credible reporting that shows that view is incorrect then I'd be happy to read it to get another perspective.

My views are not based on just US based media reports. Once again I have yet to see any credible journalism indicating that these views are incorrect. The few reports that do come out supporting China tend to come out of the countries with strong trade ties with them surprise, surprise.

This is the same song you seem to be playing that the US government is corrupt and that western media is biased against China but I have yet to see anything you can produce which credibly disputes the reports of western journalism and puts forth any explanations for how the evidence for those reports is incorrect.

We respect sovereignties of other countries and we didn't invade other countries!It's true!

The people of Tibet would beg to differ with you.

If our government really block our access to media from other countries ,why can I watch you talking negative sides about China here? And why Miss Lily can study in America to see the so called truths from your medias?Every country is not perfect,and that’s what we must admit.But please respect others more .And please remark everything from both positive and negative sides,which is more helpful for us to know the world.😀🤝

It could be that the volume here is low enough so that it doesn't seem to be an issue. However I'm willing to bet that many of the references I post here would be blocked. Let's do an experiment, please let me know if you can access this link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Tibet

There are reports about Chinese nationals studying abroad who are harassed when they express negative opinions about China or the Chinese government. Here is one such report but I have seen others.

https://eurasianet.org/free-speech-risky-as-china-keeps-close-tabs-on-its-overseas-students

I am not against the country of China itself or the Chinese people as a whole. I do believe that most Chinese people have great respect and compassion for people in other countries. However I am against some of the things that the Chinese government does both within it's own boarders and outside of them.

I also don't believe that the US and the west are paragons of virtue. However I do note that many of their governments are not doing the things I object to which the Chinese government does.

The original poster asked why other countries were against China and I answered with some of the reasons.

I am very open to criticism of the United States and it's government. I find many disturbing things about my government and vote for representatives who wish to address our government's shortcomings. For example I think our drone warfare has killed many more civilians than our government reports and there are publications here that point that out. If other governments and countries call us out on those things I do not think they are against the United States. I think they are trying to work towards a better world where people are not harmed needlessly.

I have no problem with people of China supporting their country and their government. However I think they should do so with the knowledge that their government does things that many people think are negative. As one of my favorite sayings goes, you are entitled to your informed opinion, no one is entitled to be ignorant.

First of all, you say "but China", while I was talking about the kettle callingthe pot black... Thus, your answer is slightly off topic for I invited you to see the flaws your own medias have and how can a goverment holding a grudge could potentially speak non sense about another goverment has history has shown it multiple time (hello Irak, Syria, Argentine, Cuba, Venezuela, Vietnam, Germany...).

Our government doesn't block our access to media from other countries.
Julian Assange? Your government is literally killing him for spreading news...

Our government allows us to access journalism that is critical of our country and our government.
Julian Assange, once again. Plus what criticism are you seeing in your medias? Having medias controlled by few billionaires who even dictate the future of the government in a country sin't what I exactly call "access journalism thjat is critical of our country", nor it is a respect of (non-artificial) diversity of opinion...

The Chinese control of their media doesn't allow their citizens and journalist such freedoms. If you have any credible reporting that shows that view is incorrect then I'd be happy to read it to get another perspective.
I don't have specific example as my chinese isn't especially good and, as you may know, ther main language in China is mandarin. That being said, the simple fact that Chinese government is fighting corruption and improving its conditionsince few decades, or the existence of people like Zhang Guimei tend to indicate that criticism is at least partly allowed. As for citizens, they are totally free to express criticism in private at very least and many of them do criticize China and the chinese government, if not like you, on a very broad range of topics.
However, criticism in China is better appreciate when one offer solution to the problems pointed out, which is part of their philosophy there that is not shared, let's say, in France for instance.

My views are not based on just US based media reports.
Come on,t he anglosaxon world has the same opinion at 2 details... And so is the whole West for most of the West is used as a puppet by the US.

Once again I have yet to see any credible journalism indicating that these views are incorrect.
The burden of proof usually belong to the claimer, not to the sceptic. As for here, you are the one claiming that China is this and that, mostly because US (sorry, western) medias say so, while stating that going to China, or learning chinese is useless.
If the Chinese government doesn't seem to be permissive on everything that can be said about them (so is the West, often in a more vicious manner since they cancel you), it doesn't constitute any proof on them supposedly forbidding any contradiction.

The few reports that do come out supporting China tend to come out of the countries with strong trade ties with them surprise, surprise.
The numerous reports that do come out villifying China tend to come out of the countries with strong "rivlary" with them. Surprise, surprise.
The numerious reports tant do come out supporting the US tend to come our of the countries with strong trade ties with them (or vassal/master relationship), surprise, surprise.
What's the matter with such sentences?

Once again, I invite you to consider Russel's words about a beautiful story concerning teapot in space. If tomorrow I say that the US is developping a weapong that suck humidity from the air within a 50km radius to create a desert, it must be true if I call myself Aljazeera, France24 or BBC. It's not like any medias in the west could spread false informations, after all.

There are reports about Chinese nationals studying abroad who are harassed when they express negative opinions about China or the Chinese government. Here is one such report but I have seen others.

https://eurasianet.org/free-speech-risky-as-china-keeps-close-tabs-on-its-overseas-students

The link you mention say that some nationalist students (a minority) is responsible for the self censorship of many. It's not exactly what I would call "the government" and the same is very present in many western university regarding some opinions that are incompatible with "wokism" or "leftism"...

However I do note that many of their governments are not doing the things I object to which the Chinese government does.
Give them a closer look, because the past year proved us the exact opposite with the covid crisis to the point that we are getting that we are getting multiple form of segregations: racial segregation, vaccinal segregation with some pass with trackers through apps/pass (plus, in my place and soon, unvaccinated people in my place won't be able to go to the doctor unless they are on the verge of death), economical/social segregation, with various laws and toolds to punisht he bad citizens. Same, some journalist are just hunt intenationally, even with interpols mandate made by some of the worse countries, while other are muted, cancelled, ridiculized... For sure, China is much more worse than the West and nothing you object is applying in the West.

We respect sovereignties of other countries and we didn't invade other countries!It's true![...] don't want to argue. [...] peaceful development
I beg to differ. Economical war isn't peace.

First of all, you say "but China", while I was talking about the kettle callingthe pot black... Thus, your answer is slightly off topic for I invited you to see the flaws your own medias have and how can a goverment holding a grudge could potentially speak non sense about another goverment has history has shown it multiple time (hello Irak, Syria, Argentine, Cuba, Venezuela, Vietnam, Germany...).

I apologize for missing your point. I definitely agree that almost all governments engage in spreading propaganda to their people and usually do so via the media in their country. I agree that this is happening at times here in the US but we often have publications that call them on their propaganda. Examples of publications that are critical of government statements are Mother Jones and ProPublica but there are others that don't come to mind at the moment. I'm more familiar with left leaning publications that are critical of government statements and information but there are also right leaning publications that do the same thing.

No, Julian Assange is being extradited to the United States for breaking a spying law and conspiracy to access government computers. No one who published the information that Julian Assange provided has been arrested or charged with anything.

Julian Assange, once again. Plus what criticism are you seeing in your medias? Having medias controlled by few billionaires who even dictate the future of the government in a country sin't what I exactly call "access journalism thjat is critical of our country", nor it is a respect of (non-artificial) diversity of opinion...

We do not block media from other countries. People are free to find opposing information in foreign media if they wish.

I do agree that the media in the United States is not independent enough and there are too few people controlling what is published in the mainstream media. However it isn't the government itself doing it but like you said the billionaires who control the media. One could argue that the billionaires could be considered a shadow government in the United States but they are not the government itself no matter how much influence they have.

I don't have specific example as my chinese isn't especially good and, as you may know, ther main language in China is mandarin. That being said, the simple fact that Chinese government is fighting corruption and improving its conditionsince few decades, or the existence of people like Zhang Guimei tend to indicate that criticism is at least partly allowed. As for citizens, they are totally free to express criticism in private at very least and many of them do criticize China and the chinese government, if not like you, on a very broad range of topics.
However, criticism in China is better appreciate when one offer solution to the problems pointed out, which is part of their philosophy there that is not shared, let's say, in France for instance.

I'll defer to your knowledge here because I don't know enough about their corruption actions.

Also I don't consider being able to express one's opinions in private with being free to express one's opinions.

Come on,t he anglosaxon world has the same opinion at 2 details... And so is the whole West for most of the West is used as a puppet by the US.

I'd appreciate it if you'd share some media sources you do trust that don't fall into the AngloSaxon media bucket. They'd have to have English translations because I am one of those ignorant US citizens that only knows English.

The burden of proof usually belong to the claimer, not to the sceptic. As for here, you are the one claiming that China is this and that, mostly because US (sorry, western) medias say so, while stating that going to China, or learning chinese is useless.
If the Chinese government doesn't seem to be permissive on everything that can be said about them (so is the West, often in a more vicious manner since they cancel you), it doesn't constitute any proof on them supposedly forbidding any contradiction.

When I look for information on at least some of the issues I've mentioned I do not find articles critical of the ones that are reporting the situation. I do agree that it could be based on search algorithms burying such information. That is one of the reasons I've asked others for some credible articles. Once I have some sources for opposing information I can use them in the future when researching other information.

Once again, I invite you to consider Russel's words about a beautiful story concerning teapot in space. If tomorrow I say that the US is developping a weapong that suck humidity from the air within a 50km radius to create a desert, it must be true if I call myself Aljazeera, France24 or BBC. It's not like any medias in the west could spread false informations, after all.

I don't know what you're refering to here.

The link you mention say that some nationalist students (a minority) is responsible for the self censorship of many. It's not exactly what I would call "the government" and the same is very present in many western university regarding some opinions that are incompatible with "wokism" or "leftism"...

Fair enough. I retract that.

However I do note that many of their governments are not doing the things I object to which the Chinese government does.

Give them a closer look, because the past year proved us the exact opposite with the covid crisis to the point that we are getting that we are getting multiple form of segregations: racial segregation, vaccinal segregation with some pass with trackers through apps/pass (plus, in my place and soon, unvaccinated people in my place won't be able to go to the doctor unless they are on the verge of death), economical/social segregation, with various laws and toolds to punisht he bad citizens. Same, some journalist are just hunt intenationally, even with interpols mandate made by some of the worse countries, while other are muted, cancelled, ridiculized... For sure, China is much more worse than the West and nothing you object is applying in the West.

I personally don't equate the measures to reduce the spread and affects of Covid with the policies China has. To me you are comparing apples with oranges but you don't seem to see it that way. Maybe I'm not seeing the reasoning behind your comparisons. I might need some additional information as to how they are the same.

I apologize for missing your point. I definitely agree that almost all governments engage in spreading propaganda to their people and usually do so via the media in their country. I agree that this is happening at times here in the US but we often have publications that call them on their propaganda. Examples of publications that are critical of government statements are Mother Jones and ProPublica but there are others that don't come to mind at the moment. I'm more familiar with left leaning publications that are critical of government statements and information but there are also right leaning publications that do the same thing.

No, Julian Assange is being extradited to the United States for breaking a spying law and conspiracy to access government computers. No one who published the information that Julian Assange provided has been arrested or charged with anything.

We do not block media from other countries. People are free to find opposing information in foreign media if they wish.

I do agree that the media in the United States is not independent enough and there are too few people controlling what is published in the mainstream media. However it isn't the government itself doing it but like you said the billionaires who control the media. One could argue that the billionaires could be considered a shadow government in the United States but they are not the government itself no matter how much influence they have.

I'll defer to your knowledge here because I don't know enough about their corruption actions.

Also I don't consider being able to express one's opinions in private with being free to express one's opinions.

I'd appreciate it if you'd share some media sources you do trust that don't fall into the AngloSaxon media bucket. They'd have to have English translations because I am one of those ignorant US citizens that only knows English.

When I look for information on at least some of the issues I've mentioned I do not find articles critical of the ones that are reporting the situation. I do agree that it could be based on search algorithms burying such information. That is one of the reasons I've asked others for some credible articles. Once I have some sources for opposing information I can use them in the future when researching other information.

I don't know what you're refering to here.

Fair enough. I retract that.

I personally don't equate the measures to reduce the spread and affects of Covid with the policies China has. To me you are comparing apples with oranges but you don't seem to see it that way. Maybe I'm not seeing the reasoning behind your comparisons. I might need some additional information as to how they are the same.

Dear PolyguySJ;
Yes, your government give the access of something about their negative stuff to the citizens. That might be a great method to help your government making improvement. However, nothing is super, everything has good side and bad side. Look at the crime rate at USA and what did you guys do when it comes to prevent the spread of COVID-19.It turns out that too much suspicion of government may not be a good thing. Because it increases social instability. Many crimes are caused by people's suspicion of society and the government. Anyway, no country is super, neither China, nor USA. I admit that USA is better than China in some fields.

Some foreign media are spreading fake news about china. I think that's why this discussion is released

Then, please show your prove. I will be glad to hear that

I always see some bad remarks about China on the news?But most of them are false.why?
most of them are true