Why are many countries full of prejudice against China? Politics and governments

Let me Speak ...
All rising powers have to face Such Situation...that's not an odd thing...When you're making progress...the leg-pullers don't waste a moment to bring you down...China Is making progress without retailiating against any country...she's focusing her economy...and world powers are anticipating a confrontation in near future...they want to indulge China in battlefields...but China is playing fair...that's the matter of worry for Powers...

They put this covid 19 virus to spread all over the world. They have been spying on the USA. They were burning papers here in Houston at the Embassy and Trump closed that Embassy. If you want to know more just ask.

If this is a piece of USA mainstream opinion, we should be concerned. The problems with China are more serious than a mix of not evidenced information, bad doings common in all nations and almost irrilevant episodes of unfair and aggressive Chinese propaganda. I hope nobody shall be nuked because of a burnt newspaper.

Many teenagers here showed much more awareness of serious problems.

For sure the doings of a superpower country, like both USA and China, affect the world more than the behaviours of a minor dictatorship (which is likely to be protected by any of the big).

Given that I believe in the universal merit of democracy, no country fulfils a perfect democracy, and USA is a poor model having deficencies as big as their claim to export their way (wich is usually unfair export for business purposes and not including all the plus they have home).

But today China is worse. The list of oppressed minorities you can read in some posts here above and the persecution of different opinions confirm a problem, enhanced with the limitations on communication.

China give us concerns also for its international policies expecially about economics, and environment.

The more the country is powerful the more it can condition the world. And this is a good reason why speaking more about China than about little countries doing worse than China does.

But I still can see also good aspects about China and have high hopes in these young chinese people writing here.

Edit by CallMeIshmael .

Among many intelligent young people I like to read and discuss with, I want to pay special homage to a very young and very sensible lady.

I report here a very good answer of a very active member.

Lemondrop parents have to be proud of a daughter as I hope my littler ones shall grow (I suppose be senior to her parents but still my daugthers are younger than Lemondrop).

I apologise with the young columnist since I guess teenagers do not like to be observed and discussed by (more) adults (I used to be 15 once upon a time and very engaged in political issues).

SHE WROTE ANSWERING A POST

They put this covid 19 virus to spread all over the world. They have been spying on the USA. They were burning papers here in Houston at the Embassy and Trump closed that Embassy. If you want to know more just ask.
Forgive me if I offend you by saying this but that is just being suspicious; no country is good and no country is bad. Politics is like a game for power; just as you say they are spying on the USA, I’m sure the USA has also ruined a lot of other countries which were rising to power, and are also spying on other countries at this very moment. And you know what, how many pandemics, epidemics and viruses have there been? Many! It happened and there is no way to go back into the past to change it, so let’s not just pin all the blame onto them.
China is definitely not an amazing country, there are surely corrupt officials just like in any other country; I do not commend them for the way the people of Tibet and the Uyghurs are treated - after all, what is my heritage? From whom do I descend? But just as they commit these atrocities, so do all other countries. The only difference is China is a superpower and so the focus of all propaganda would be on them.
And you know what, let’s also acknowledge the damage that the USA has done to so many other countries too; no political power in this world is innocent.
Just as you will point out the shortcomings of China, let’s also point out the many, many shortcomings of the USA. They involve themselves with the political issues of other countries, like adding wood to a burning fire. When they choose to support a country, they do it on the premise that said country would be under their control, like puppets I guess. Take India as an example.

Edit by CallMeIshmael .

Among many intelligent young people I like to read and discuss with, I want to pay special homage to a very young and very sensible lady.

I report here a very good answer of a very active member.

Lemondrop parents have to be proud of a daughter as I hope my littler ones shall grow (I suppose be senior to her parents but still my daugther are younger than Lemondrop).

I apologise with the young columnist since I guess teenagers do not like to be observed and discussed by (more) adults (I was 15 once upon a time and very engaged in political issues).

SHE WROTE ANSWERING A POST

Forgive me if I offend you by saying this but that is just being suspicious; no country is good and no country is bad. Politics is like a game for power; just as you say they are spying on the USA, I’m sure the USA has also ruined a lot of other countries which were rising to power, and are also spying on other countries at this very moment. And you know what, how many pandemics, epidemics and viruses have there been? Many! It happened and there is no way to go back into the past to change it, so let’s not just pin all the blame onto them.
China is definitely not an amazing country, there are surely corrupt officials just like in any other country; I do not commend them for the way the people of Tibet and the Uyghurs are treated - after all, what is my heritage? From whom do I descend? But just as they commit these atrocities, so do all other countries. The only difference is China is a superpower and so the focus of all propaganda would be on them.
And you know what, let’s also acknowledge the damage that the USA has done to so many other countries too; no political power in this world is innocent.
Just as you will point out the shortcomings of China, let’s also point out the many, many shortcomings of the USA. They involve themselves with the political issues of other countries, like adding wood to a burning fire. When they choose to support a country, they do it on the premise that said country would be under their control, like puppets I guess. Take India as an example.

You are right, but I think I still need to correct some mistakes.First, China is a developing country, not a superpower, because there are too many people, although last year China completed a tough fight against poverty and achieved a well-off society in an all-round way. However, per capita GDP still does not meet the standards of developed countries, but some countries do not seem to recognize …Maybe they want to create a more dangerous influence.(/"≡ _ ≡)=
Second,China has never oppressed ethnic minorities. You only need to come to China to see it.Except in Xinjiang a few years ago, a series of terrorist attacks attempted to split China, when China suppressed it.It's the same in Hong Kong, but it doesn't seem to be a minority.I have also seen the news reported by foreign media, and all the evidence is forged.
Third, Chinese people are setting off firecrackers instead of burning newspapers at the entrance of the embassy … I guess they are too happy.China's closure of the US Embassy really makes all Chinese people happy.In the unforgettable memory of the Chinese people, the refusal of the United States to admit after deliberately bombing the Chinese Embassy really made the Chinese people very angry. It is said that the hacker group in China at that time,中国红客, breached the website of the White House and inserted a five-star red flag on it.Maybe you can find relevant information.((email hidden)@)

I still think you are underestimating the political problems in your country, LostDirection, but hope you will able to help fixing them.

Anyway they are serious enough to deserve international attention.

Which does not mean a single nation jeopardizing another.

I always see some bad remarks about China on the news?But most of them are false.why?
Lot of propaganda. The funny part about it is that we see inexistant problems in other countries but not the problems we accuse X or Y to have and which are present in our home countries.

That being said, China isn't perfect either, and place itself against the "kind and lovely gentle peaceful" world. Same happen with North Korea or Iran, which are way differents from what our medias describe.

因为很多媒体都是带有政治意味的。现在中国经济增长很快,导致有些国家坐不住了。就来疯狂抨击呗。我打个比方,A是学渣,B是学霸。A认识到自己的不足,通过努力和聪明才智赶上了B;B就会表现出的对A不友好了。现在有些国家就像这个B。以上个人观点,不喜欢勿喷谢谢
China is not exactly what we could call a B person though. Gotta remember how funny it was to see a French plane disappearing for several days, then months later, a copycat of this same plane being released as new Chinese product. Examples like this aren't specifically rare with China, neither with the US.

This apart, I'm afraid to say that, despite its flaws, China has, at least, the advantage of having a smart/cunning government. It's not always the case in western countries.

Edit by Lianshen .

why they are false? because people are stupid. And why there are so many? Because people are stupid and want to feel superior to other nations
HAHAHA

Hi all, I've been reading every comment very carefully now (I like to do that) and usually I don't engage... The young chinese people here seems very much to believe in their country and I remember when I was younger I loved my country. But with the time growing older, being interested in History that changed and it gave me a hard time. It still does and I still don't believe there's a perfect system... History teached me that country's with power take advantage of other country's if it's for their benefit. For example I fear for Mongolia because of their natural ressources China is interested in. And mostly taking advantage of natural ressources gives country's power.

But in this time of life the planet is getting hot and we gotta realise that we all live on the same. Let's put our ego's (power of country's, national pride) aside and realise that we have the gift to live with the planet it harmony. Some solutions might be technical but in the basic it starts with you, your decision of living, your food, your travels, even your clothes... And ask yourself do you really need a new smartphone? Think about all the energy used to build this and it's mostly not clean. If we all demand a phone which is cleanly built people will meet these demands and start producing those. Power of economics. And how about growing your own vegetables, without pesticides which posioning our seas? Thank you!

Bravo! And You are 15 y.o?

Bravo! And You are 15 y.o?

Hi, thank you; yes, I’m 15 years old.

She is.

An hope for human kind's future, as well as some other teen agers here, more logical and clear than many older people.

That was just normal procedure to dispose of private documents

Every big country is in the focus, to start with. China has facts like: total control of their citizen (they have an electronic score system) - fact is they oppress gruesomely minorities (Uyghurs, etc.) - they do not respect the environmet etc. - also good news is, that it is the country where Christianity ist most fastely growing (in underground churches because the government persecutes them). So, there are REAL reasons why China produces bad news.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Credit_System
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uyghur_genocide
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_issues_in_China
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Firewall (block of information from outside)

I am sure that there are many beautiful thinks too in China. But investigate by yourself, there are videos from reporters in China.

Every country has its flaws. I used to believe entirely in the righteousness of the USA. Then I got older and actually paid attention to what was going on around me. My government is just as corrupt as the Chinese government. All governments are corrupt. The truth is any organization that big with that amount of means is ripe for corruption. The only difference is that in my country we have the means to explode corruption and do something about it. I’m not saying it doesn’t take years to track down and expose government corruption, because it certainly does, but it is possible and we have it happening here nearly on a monthly basis that a scam or corruption is uncovered by everyday ordinary people who have put the time and effort into promoting change. In China the government controls the media, Internet, and its populace so entirely, and often brutally, that it is nearly impossible for its people to move against or counter their government. And if they do they face imprisonments and death for trying to do so.

China’s slave laborer, their human rights violations, their illegal fishing, their pollution, their intellectual theft for copying products to sell at reduced prices, all of it is well documented. Most Chinese people are unaware of what their government is up to, but the rest of the world sees it happening.

However does that make us better? My country certainly does a lot of business with China so are we not indirectly supporting those practices? And considering my country’s own issues with racial bias can we really claim the moral high ground? Our pollution rates are astronomical. We are even shipping our waste overseas now. The blatant corruption of our corporations is astounding. As are the lobbyists in Washington.

So again, every government has its problems. The only thing that makes China so much worse than most is the fatal and absolutely lengths they will go to in order to snuff out any dissent in its populace. Our government fears the angry masses. China’s government controls what they know to prevent any dissent, and engages in mass brain washing to keep the populace under control. Pretty smart of them. And why they will remain in power so long.

Every country has its flaws. I used to believe entirely in the righteousness of the USA. Then I got older and actually paid attention to what was going on around me. My government is just as corrupt as the Chinese government. All governments are corrupt. The truth is any organization that big with that amount of means is ripe for corruption. The only difference is that in my country we have the means to explode corruption and do something about it. I’m not saying it doesn’t take years to track down and expose government corruption, because it certainly does, but it is possible and we have it happening here nearly on a monthly basis that a scam or corruption is uncovered by everyday ordinary people who have put the time and effort into promoting change. In China the government controls the media, Internet, and its populace so entirely, and often brutally, that it is nearly impossible for its people to move against or counter their government. And if they do they face imprisonments and death for trying to do so.

China’s slave laborer, their human rights violations, their illegal fishing, their pollution, their intellectual theft for copying products to sell at reduced prices, all of it is well documented. Most Chinese people are unaware of what their government is up to, but the rest of the world sees it happening.

However does that make us better? My country certainly does a lot of business with China so are we not indirectly supporting those practices? And considering my country’s own issues with racial bias can we really claim the moral high ground? Our pollution rates are astronomical. We are even shipping our waste overseas now. The blatant corruption of our corporations is astounding. As are the lobbyists in Washington.

So again, every government has its problems. The only thing that makes China so much worse than most is the fatal and absolutely lengths they will go to in order to snuff out any dissent in its populace. Our government fears the angry masses. China’s government controls what they know to prevent any dissent, and engages in mass brain washing to keep the populace under control. Pretty smart of them. And why they will remain in power so long.

It hurts when so many Chinese hate us as a bad country made to look that way in recent years. I have friends in China and it's only up to them if they can take the brain washing about how good their government says it is.

For heaven′s sake! How many times have I said that China has never done anything to ethnic minorities. In fact, one of my classmates belongs to ethnic minorities.Is that how you trust your media? I can't trust the media in our country completely. We were educated since childhood: seeing is believing, but listening to the ear is false. Therefore, I often look for some facts rather than through the media.China is the most populous country in the world. Do you think any government can deceive the eyes of 1.4 billion people?Think about it! ! I don't think people here are worse than three-year-olds.I always think that western governments are absurd.For example, after the nuclear accident in the Soviet Union, although they sacrificed a lot of people to prevent the disaster and almost saved half of Europe, they were real heroes, but what did they get? Decades of abuse and discredit!Now that Japan says it wants to pour nuclear waste water directly into the Pacific Ocean, why don't several countries accuse Japan? !Why is there such a difference?Because the Soviet Union is a socialist country, it is their opponent and enemy; And what about Japan? The Japanese government is just a dog in Europe and America!In the face of human problems, they only think about their own interest.Isn't it the same in China? Like the Soviet Union, China is now the strongest socialist country.Those capitalists are just using the same dirty business.

For heaven′s sake! How many times have I said that China has never done anything to ethnic minorities. In fact, one of my classmates belongs to ethnic minorities.Is that how you trust your media? I can't trust the media in our country completely. We were educated since childhood: seeing is believing, but listening to the ear is false. Therefore, I often look for some facts rather than through the media.China is the most populous country in the world. Do you think any government can deceive the eyes of 1.4 billion people?Think about it! ! I don't think people here are worse than three-year-olds.I always think that western governments are absurd.For example, after the nuclear accident in the Soviet Union, although they sacrificed a lot of people to prevent the disaster and almost saved half of Europe, they were real heroes, but what did they get? Decades of abuse and discredit!Now that Japan says it wants to pour nuclear waste water directly into the Pacific Ocean, why don't several countries accuse Japan? !Why is there such a difference?Because the Soviet Union is a socialist country, it is their opponent and enemy; And what about Japan? The Japanese government is just a dog in Europe and America!In the face of human problems, they only think about their own interest.Isn't it the same in China? Like the Soviet Union, China is now the strongest socialist country.Those capitalists are just using the same dirty business.

They can deceive the eyes of 1.4 billion people because they control what you see. Your government controls the media. You do not have free press. You have government controlled media. The Soviet Union hid the nuclear disaster for months until others leaked the secret and scientists confirmed the rippling effects.

Japan has a whole slew of problems. Least of which is their nuclear issues. They have incredible discrimination against women. They kill whales and dolphins, and have never atoned for the comfort women.

China’s war crimes and inhumane treatment of people in Tibet are well documented. But your government doesn’t allow you to see that documentation. You already admitted you are prevented from opening the links to studies and articles provided in this thread by your government controlled internet. So how can you say your government hasn’t done it when they won’t allow you to see any type of news or investigation that they themselves have conducted? If you’re only allowed to see the information your government provides how can you argue that you have a clear perspective? In order to make an unbiased decision you have to study both sides of the argument. But as you have already admitted your government won’t allow you to do that.