Opinion homosexuality Politics and governments

And now I will just go with your so called "diseases". Homosexuality would be a not curable disease in this case, just like ALS (even though ALS is so much worse obviously). Just like people with ALS homosexual people would have to live with it, since there is no cure. They will suffer from it their entire life.
Admitting it would be a disease, then we would have to know why : How is it negatively affecting the individual? By not getting children? Then being a monk or a none is pretty much of a disease? Then even passing this point, if it's a genetic condition that cannot be changed through medication, there would still be a solution, but I'm not sure that people are ready to go back to try eugenism and all the ethic issues it might cause. Still if it's genetic, then we would have a serious issue to call something a disease stricto sensu, because like I said in one of my first post here, the genes implied could be very useful to us.

Else, I agree that punishing someone presumably sick for "being sick" is in contradiction with all the rambling about the immorality or the mean behaviour homosexuality would be. There is no coherence in such discourse.

And now I will just go with your so called "diseases". Homosexuality would be a not curable disease in this case, just like ALS (even though ALS is so much worse obviously). Just like people with ALS homosexual people would have to live with it, since there is no cure. They will suffer from it their entire life.
Admitting it would be a disease, then we would have to know why : How is it negatively affecting the individual? By not getting children? Then being a monk or a none is pretty much of a disease? Then even passing this point, if it's a genetic condition that cannot be changed through medication, there would still be a solution, but I'm not sure that people are ready to go back to try eugenism and all the ethic issues it might cause. Still if it's genetic, then we would have a serious issue to call something a disease stricto sensu, because like I said in one of my first post here, the genes implied could be very useful to us.

Else, I agree that punishing someone presumably sick for "being sick" is in contradiction with all the rambling about the immorality or the mean behaviour homosexuality would be. There is no coherence in such discourse.

I think he just wanted to show the logik behind saying that it is an diseases and not that it is an ACTUAL disease?

I think he just wanted to show the logik behind saying that it is an diseases and not that it is an ACTUAL disease?

Yes, exactly. I just thought I would think through what calling homosexuality a disease would mean, when trying to limit the freedom of a homosexual ("ill") person. It would be really questionable in my opinion.

it is questionable,

at some point in the history it was actualy know as a diseases, it took a long time to get away from thinking like this and even longer to start accepting it, and it is (in my opinion) that the coming generation is a lot more open and accepting then the older one

I got it, I was only adding few things to his point because even if we admit it's a disease, then there are still issues to deal with (like on which basis? What definition? et ceatera). I also brought genetic to say that there would be a potential treatment in this case, but mostly discutable because of the ethical problem it implies and the past. I also wanted mention back that something perceived as a genetic flaw isn't necessarily one, especially if selected through the generations.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough though.

it is questionable,

at some point in the history it was actualy know as a diseases, it took a long time to get away from thinking like this and even longer to start accepting it, and it is (in my opinion) that the coming generation is a lot more open and accepting then the older one

Being more open doesn't mean having all the LGBTQ++ ideology and the whole political correctness though, and one could argue that it doesn't help some people to be less reluctant to a sexual orientation when you have to see some "pride" and some "international day/week" alongside with revendication for being more (which is often synonymous with over) represented in medias/cultural products all the time.

it is questionable,

Being more open doesn't mean having all the LGBTQ++ ideology and the whole political correctness though, and one could argue that it doesn't help some people to be less reluctant to a sexual orientation when you have to see some "pride" and some "international day/week" alongside with revendication for being more (which is often synonymous with over) represented in medias/cultural products all the time.

baby steps towards fully supporting the LGBTQ++ community

it is questionable,

baby steps towards fully supporting the LGBTQ++ community

Hopefully nope, because the LGBTQIAXYZ++ community is doing more harm to everyone, including homosexuals and people with gender disphoria than it helps them in Western countries nowaday.

No they can't? A female can't produce any sperm as well as a male can't produce any egg..? They can only pretends to be so, physically, and yet most of them wouldn't really appear like the opposed gender in the end... Mentally speaking, they would still be different as well, and only act like the idea they have of the opposed gender, simply because the brain of a man and a woman don't work exactly the same way.
As for saying that men can be women and vice versa, it's pretty much like saying you can be a unicorn because human is a social construct. Denying biology doesn't lead anywhere, and certianly not to make people happier since you'll never be able to understand what's behind gender disphoria by denying anything that is not "social construct" to explain it partially or not.
...of course a female can't produce sperm and a male can't produce eggs. I never claimed that. And I know that this is a forum about homosexuality but I'm not going to ignore transphobia.

Now here's the thing: "gender is a social construct" can't really be countered with "human is a social construct". The distinction between humans and other animals is biological. And yes, the distinction between females, males and intersex people is also biological. But whether you're a female or male etc. is defined by your sex. Your sex is also what defines your physical characteristics.

Now stay with me here: Sex is not the same thing as gender. Gender describes things like norms, behaviours and roles assigned to each gender, and these vary between cultures. THAT is why gender is a social construct. Physical characteristics between sexes are the same whether we grab someone from 1500's Denmark or 1990's South Africa. The societal expectations that come with your gender are not.

I'm going to take it even further. Usually when people say gender what they are actually talking about is gender identity. That is a different thing from gender and sex. They are related, but they are still different. Now gender identity. That refers to a person’s deeply felt, internal and individual experience of gender. I also want to note that when talking about sex, female and male are used, and when talking about gender or gender identity, woman and man are used.

Also one more thing: one's gender identity may or may not correspond to their designated sex. The existence of gender identity is why a person born a male can be a woman and vice versa. (won't go into nonbinary identities, I don't think most of the people here are ready for that discussion)

And if we're talking sources. Here is mine: https://www.who.int/health-topics/gender#tab=tab_1 😁

Hopefully nope, because the LGBTQIAXYZ++ community is doing more harm to everyone, including homosexuals and people with gender disphoria than it helps them in Western countries nowaday.
Why do you think so?

(I btw accidentally reported your response, sorry for that.)

Homosexuality is found in 450 species. Homophobia is found in only one. which is unnatural now? 😏
450 I don't know, but most of them don't seem to have a longstanding homosexuality. It's more like periodically, they'll have some homosexual intercourses.
As for the homophobia, maybe there are but we just haven't noticed ? It would be funny to check on, and I think we would have surprises just like people who think that animals aren't "racists" or wouldn't do wars.
Hii. I have researched about it and the studies say that the animal kingdom does not have homophobia. The only species that have homophobia is humans. here's the link
I don't see anything but a claim in the article. It mostly consider homophobia inexistent based on the fact that homosexual relationship are widely spreaded and can last for long in monogamous species (which isn't an evidence of a bird being strictly homosexual either, but could be with further and probably not very ethic experiments to most of people here).

What I mean here is that not having seeing finding something, and not seeing it just like in human societies doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. As an exampl of this, i'd argue that, for long, we believed to be the only one having a developped language, emotions, or even different cultures.

there's a claim in the article because studies have proven that homophobia exists in only one species. You can search it online if you need deeper explanations.
Uhh no, the last one is not true. Our ancestors certainly did know that animals had developed communications to connect, have emotions and had their own culture. It's been known for ages. Even in the BC years... The understanding of culture in other animals dates back to Aristotle in classical antiquity, and more recently to Charles Darwin says Wikipedia.
There is a misunderstanding, science doesn't prove something not to exist because it simply is impossible to do such thing and I've seen no such think as proving that homophobia didn't exist in your article, not talking about a study since there is only one link concerning sheep and homosexuality (and sheep is also a special case since it's a breed that has been widely influenced by artificial selection).

Aristotle was arguing that language, alongside with logos, was peculiar to humans and believed language was articulated voice whereas animals were not allowed, because they only had phôné (although he granted a dialektos that is a bit different because it could change depending on education for some birds (and that's where you see how Aristotle was a very good observator)), to have any proper language. So not even talking about emotion or cultures -which would be needed to spread a language-, it wasn't really a trend for the Greeks.

Darwin might be one of the first to talk about language, and it's very recent in human history, but this person is a very good example to show my point because prior to Darwin & Wallace (often forgotten) with natural selection, or Lammarck, animals and humans were seen pretty much as being different entities and not as common as it's granted today (and yet, not by everybody).
Back to language, few years ago, it was still very hard to think that plants could also have a form of language or have some kind of stress whereas researches tend to show it more and more and it's still very very surprising. I say that because it was more or less the same shock back then.

For long we indeed have assumed that animals didn't have this or that on the basis that they aren't acting exactly like us, which is an anthropomorphic view and we made a while before realizing that it's not because an animal isn't whining or grumbling that there is nothing like sadness or being pissed with them for instance. On the same basis, without proper knwoledge, and especially without checking most if not all species, it's very hard to claim that homophobia simply doesn't exist out of our species while it's already hard enough to know if homosexuality like in our species properly exist or if it's just bisexuality, temporary homosexuality etc...

On this overly long comment to say almost nothing, i'd say that it's pretty much irrelevant to constantly bringing the animal kingdom to such debate. Call to nature is very much of a sophism here, be it to claim that some sexual behaviours are natural or not, because it's mostly wrong and/or an obvious cherry picking (infanticide, rape, necrophilia and a ton of very joyful behaviour are also widespread)

Your response was a bit bland and sometimes very confusing. I will give my response from what I've understood.

I'm saying that homophobia does not exist in animals because there's no clear proof that it does exist.
Okay, I agree with you that science cannot prove that something doesn't exist.
But, I disagree with you saying the humankind had not discovered that animals had feelings, etc earlier. So, do you mean to say that the Paleolithic Humans had dogs (which came from wolf genes) as pets without even realising that they have emotions or languages? Of course, they have known that.
The Paleolithic Pets have directly associated with human hunting camps in Europe over 30000 years ago and it is proposed that these were domesticated. According to you, humans have found understood about animals very recently... So Palaeolithic humans having such dangerous four-legged friends as pets without understanding them is meaningless to me. Concluding: humans did know about this before but they just didn't explain it scientifically.

If you are so keen to say that homophobia does exist in other creatures, I would like to hear what you've got to say about it. Can you share with me any article you've found or any proofs? If it's proven, I will change my opinion about animals not having homophobia.
"Homosexuality is found in 450 species. Homophobia is found in only one." is a very famous quote

Now stay with me here: Sex is not the same thing as gender. Gender describes things like norms, behaviours and roles assigned to each gender, and these vary between cultures. THAT is why gender is a social construct. Physical characteristics between sexes are the same whether we grab someone from 1500's Denmark or 1990's South Africa. The societal expectations that come with your gender are not.
Oh, do they really vary that much? You are assuming that they are social construct only, despite saying that males and females are both built differently. Isn't there a kind of contradiction or a lack of homogeneity in the reasoning? Because if there are physical differences among different sexes, it implies that genes are either differents or expressed differently depending on the sex, and if there are physical differences, from genetic causes, then it would be strange to assume that these differences only stop at the physical point, but also that it has no impact on biological role of each sex.

Now, where have you seen the expectations we have for a man or a woman truly vary depending on the culture and the era? As far as I know, the core expecation never have really changed: women bear children, to take care of a home, were they in China, in France or in African tribes etc and it has been so until very recently with the idea of "gender is a social construct". I have for instance barely seen any women general and those who were became kind of legendary.
That being said, is an expectation what define a gender? It might be strongly related, but maybe it is or was caused by the fact that females and males naturally tend to have different interest and that they are not as blandly and insipidly identical as they are told to be by some, but complementary just like their biological role in procreation already suggest?

I'm going to take it even further. Usually when people say gender what they are actually talking about is gender identity. That is a different thing from gender and sex. They are related, but they are still different. Now gender identity. That refers to a person’s deeply felt, internal and individual experience of gender. I also want to note that when talking about sex, female and male are used, and when talking about gender or gender identity, woman and man are used.

Also one more thing: one's gender identity may or may not correspond to their designated sex. The existence of gender identity is why a person born a male can be a woman and vice versa. (won't go into nonbinary identities, I don't think most of the people here are ready for that discussion)

And if we're talking sources. Here is mine: https://www.who.int/health-topics/gender#tab=tab_1 😁

Ok, but when an individual doesn't fit to its gender/sex, then it's a gender dysphoria...

As for the source, the WHO doesn't mention any study, so it's just like making a random claim, a bit like when they removed gender dysphoria from mental disorder with the more or less sole argument that it was hurting transgenders' feelings, which ironically participates to the idea that a mental disorder is "bad" or "problematic", and not simply a potential cause of pain, which is the case with gender dysphoria.

Why do you think so?

Because homosexuals and so on are already and generally well accepted in our countries, or that at least nobody give a damn about what they are doing in a bedroom except a minority of person among which I'd say that some are from different cultures than natives.
LGBTQ++ movements nowaday are not really to make people accept homosexuality anymore (it could barely be the case for transgenders, and yet, we've famous ones around too), but to make plethora of revendications while increasing the idea of intersecitionality, etc.
Such things lead to the creation of cultural content where having diversity is more important than the actual content itself. That means that it's more important to have a gay character, despite it's absolutely meaningless than having a good story in a movie for example.
For politics or work, it means to injustice and prejudices because if you choose someone because of its sexual orientation or any criteria unrelated with the job, then some people would start to assume than people showing a specific trait were chosen solely because of this trait, and not because they were skillfull. In addition, a job, especially a political job, should always be to the most skillfull people imo.

As for other ideas such as intersectionality, they are increasing the idea that there is a common ennemy/said oppressed people are destinated to team up while this kind of things is not necessarily true.

Finally, shoving an ideology down the throat while continuously telling that if you don't accept this or that, you are a bad person will tend to piss more and more people in the end, and increase prejudices or extreme ideas, and the reaction to it has already started in W.E, especially on the internet.

I'm saying that homophobia does not exist in animals because there's no clear proof that it does exist.
Okay, I agree with you that science cannot prove that something doesn't exist.

And I'm telling you that no clear evidence of something isn't an evidence of its inexistence, especially in a field in which it's very hard to tell something at the first sight because the "threat" of anthropocentrism is omnipresent.

But, I disagree with you saying the humankind had not discovered that animals had feelings, etc earlier. So, do you mean to say that the Paleolithic Humans had dogs (which came from wolf genes) as pets without even realising that they have emotions or languages? Of course, they have known that.
That's projecting yourself on people from the past. People back then might have used a pet as a tool and consider it to be only a tool. There is no paper from these people to say "the dog talks" or "the dog has feelings", and Darwin was actually one of the first person to talk about the existence of emotions and languages among non-human animals, but still today, these concept can be discuted in ethology.

The Paleolithic Pets have directly associated with human hunting camps in Europe over 30000 years ago and it is proposed that these were domesticated. According to you, humans have found understood about animals very recently...
Understanding, certainly not (people in contact with animals get to observe them on a daily basis and often have a good ability to describe some species), granting emotions and language, yes.

So Palaeolithic humans having such dangerous four-legged friends as pets without understanding them is meaningless to me. Concluding: humans did know about this before but they just didn't explain it scientifically.
Wolves are actually running away from humans. The dogs/wolves domesticated back then were probably more like the dogs found in tierra del fuego (South America) : Running around and disappearing for days sometimes, and collaborating with humans in order to get food. It's a win-win strategy that can elad to coevolution and that also exist in other species.
It might and certainly was also different from what I say, but you have to take in consideration that dogs we've today have been widely selected for hundred generations to act the way we want.

If you are so keen to say that homophobia does exist in other creatures, I would like to hear what you've got to say about it. Can you share with me any article you've found or any proofs? If it's proven, I will change my opinion about animals not having homophobia.
I don't say anything like it exists, I only deny your claim because there is no evidence, just like there is no evidence of the existence or the inexistence of many things. I also deny it because it's a call to nature and trying to say that homosexuality or homophobia is normal or abnormal on this basis has no value at all (or are infanticide and rape ok because many species actively practice it?).

"Homosexuality is found in 450 species. Homophobia is found in only one." is a very famous quote
Famous quote doesn't mean it's right or relevant. For example, there is another famous quote : "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not ture" - Lincoln and its counterpart : "If it's on the internet, it must be true" - Einstein (with a pic of Newton).

Now, admitting that the quote is true: There are 44 000 known species of vertebrates only (I will stop to vertebrates for convenience because they are mostly sexual species). It would mean that barely 1% of animals show homosexual pattern (and I'm kind because a big part of them are actually insects, so out of the vertebrate clade).
Hence, not only that would mean that homosexuality is rare, but it would also mean that you can't determine at all if the 99% of the other species are homophobic or not since they simply don't have homosexuals to discriminate/oppress/persecute in addition the 450 species in which you suppose homophobia doesn't exist based on the fact that they aren't acting like homophobic people.

Because homosexuals and so on are already and generally well accepted in our countries, or that at least nobody give a damn about what they are doing in a bedroom except a minority of person among which I'd say that some are from different cultures than natives.
LGBTQ++ movements nowaday are not really to make people accept homosexuality anymore (it could barely be the case for transgenders, and yet, we've famous ones around too), but to make plethora of revendications while increasing the idea of intersecitionality, etc.
Such things lead to the creation of cultural content where having diversity is more important than the actual content itself. That means that it's more important to have a gay character, despite it's absolutely meaningless than having a good story in a movie for example.
For politics or work, it means to injustice and prejudices because if you choose someone because of its sexual orientation or any criteria unrelated with the job, then some people would start to assume than people showing a specific trait were chosen solely because of this trait, and not because they were skillfull. In addition, a job, especially a political job, should always be to the most skillfull people imo.

As for other ideas such as intersectionality, they are increasing the idea that there is a common ennemy/said oppressed people are destinated to team up while this kind of things is not necessarily true.

Finally, shoving an ideology down the throat while continuously telling that if you don't accept this or that, you are a bad person will tend to piss more and more people in the end, and increase prejudices or extreme ideas, and the reaction to it has already started in W.E, especially on the internet.

I agree with you.

Addictionally I feel like due to the LGBTQ movement people get more and more focused on their sexuality and gender. I said myself that "I have never ever seen anyone who mentioned their sexuality for no reason at all", but I meant people in real life. On the internet some gay people go crazy and have to share their sexuality with everyone for no reason. There are all these pride flags going around, that I dont understand at all.
I dont understand why you would show your sexuality off like that.

The goal should be to not care about the gender and sexuality of a person, but the LGTBQ movement does the opposite, in my opinion. Gay people should not have to come out. But by running around with these flags and being like "I AM GAY AND I AM PROUD OF IT", they are not going to get there.
To me it feels like the LGTBQ community would be saying "We are a group, we are great, we are supportive and you are not one of us. We dont like you, you are not allowed to be proud of your sexuality, because you dont belong to us," to all the heterosexual cisgender people out there. And that can only create hate, what else would it create? Obviously there is noting wrong with being LGBTQ or anything, but calling it a community divides our society and excludes people from being a part of something.

I feel like some LGBTQ people build there entire identity around their sexuality. They are acting like these vegans who have to tell everyone that they are vegan, because apperantly they dont have any other character trait than that, which is sad. Unless you are going to be close with someone, they dont need to know your sexuality. When someone is writing a blog about how to care for snakes, I dont need to know that they are a pansexual queer person. But the LGBTQ community just puts the entire focus on it. They seem to expect to be treated special.

There is a German video on YouTube, where people discuss about political corecctnes. And a (transgender) woman there said, that she would only work at a company, that has a special department for LGTBQ. And in my opinion that is just too much. Either you want to be seen as normal and you want to be worth the exact same as everyone else, or you want to be treated special because of what you feel attracted to and who you are.

In general everyone is being so sensitive now.
I am female and I have very short hair. A few weeks ago I was at a bakery and a nice guys told the lady behind the counter that he would let "the young man" buy his things first. I held a laugh in, said thank you and went about my day. I dont have to be like "Oh well, I actually am a young woman" and make the nice guy regret his choice, since I am not going to see him ever again anyways.
Obviously in Engllish it is quite easy to just say they, but since I live in Germany, where we basically add a sex to every noun and dont have a easy way to leave she or he behind, its also a big discussion and everyone feels offended.

Some people in the LGBTQ community are just not tolerant towards anything that doesnt share their opinion, and that is just absurd in my opinion. They are asking everyone to be accepting of them, but they arent accepting in return. Calling everyone homophobic who isnt running around with rainbow flags wont solve any problem.

Oh, do they really vary that much? You are assuming that they are social construct only, despite saying that males and females are both built differently. Isn't there a kind of contradiction or a lack of homogeneity in the reasoning? Because if there are physical differences among different sexes, it implies that genes are either differents or expressed differently depending on the sex, and if there are physical differences, from genetic causes, then it would be strange to assume that these differences only stop at the physical point, but also that it has no impact on biological role of each sex.

Now, where have you seen the expectations we have for a man or a woman truly vary depending on the culture and the era? As far as I know, the core expecation never have really changed: women bear children, to take care of a home, were they in China, in France or in African tribes etc and it has been so until very recently with the idea of "gender is a social construct". I have for instance barely seen any women general and those who were became kind of legendary.
That being said, is an expectation what define a gender? It might be strongly related, but maybe it is or was caused by the fact that females and males naturally tend to have different interest and that they are not as blandly and insipidly identical as they are told to be by some, but complementary just like their biological role in procreation already suggest?

In sociologie there is actual mention of roles a person has that sociatie defines with attributes and behavours the specific person has to have and show, for exampel : --> role as mother, --> role as teacher, --> as father. They actually can be different in the specific kultur of the person, in the specific belief of the person, the land they are living in and so on. So their is actual proof for a construct of a role made by culture or sociatie

Ok, but when an individual doesn't fit to its gender/sex, then it's a gender dysphoria...

As for the source, the WHO doesn't mention any study, so it's just like making a random claim, a bit like when they removed gender dysphoria from mental disorder with the more or less sole argument that it was hurting transgenders' feelings, which ironically participates to the idea that a mental disorder is "bad" or "problematic", and not simply a potential cause of pain, which is the case with gender dysphoria.

The problem is that still to this day, there are a lot of stereotypes and prejustice around mental illness. Most people still have a certain type of person or more specific a way of behavour on their mind when the hear mental illness. Actually there are discussion about "banning" the diagnosis of schizophrenia because of the extrem stigmatisation and prejudice someone has to face when he or she or they or.... are diagnosed with it. It is the same for many other mental illness or that people with mentall illness are called lacy or just have to pull there self up or or or or .... So if we want to actually a mental illness to be seen as an actual diseases then we have to make sure that our sociatie actual sees them as diseases

Why do you think so?

Their were always a small group of people that are oppressed ( look at the history of humans: black people, jews, woman, homosexuals,....) and if we don´t try to discuss with others and maybe make them see behind the scenes, then nothing is going to change

I agree with you.

Addictionally I feel like due to the LGBTQ movement people get more and more focused on their sexuality and gender. I said myself that "I have never ever seen anyone who mentioned their sexuality for no reason at all", but I meant people in real life. On the internet some gay people go crazy and have to share their sexuality with everyone for no reason. There are all these pride flags going around, that I dont understand at all.
I dont understand why you would show your sexuality off like that.

The goal should be to not care about the gender and sexuality of a person, but the LGTBQ movement does the opposite, in my opinion. Gay people should not have to come out. But by running around with these flags and being like "I AM GAY AND I AM PROUD OF IT", they are not going to get there.
To me it feels like the LGTBQ community would be saying "We are a group, we are great, we are supportive and you are not one of us. We dont like you, you are not allowed to be proud of your sexuality, because you dont belong to us," to all the heterosexual cisgender people out there. And that can only create hate, what else would it create? Obviously there is noting wrong with being LGBTQ or anything, but calling it a community divides our society and excludes people from being a part of something.

I feel like some LGBTQ people build there entire identity around their sexuality. They are acting like these vegans who have to tell everyone that they are vegan, because apperantly they dont have any other character trait than that, which is sad. Unless you are going to be close with someone, they dont need to know your sexuality. When someone is writing a blog about how to care for snakes, I dont need to know that they are a pansexual queer person. But the LGBTQ community just puts the entire focus on it. They seem to expect to be treated special.

There is a German video on YouTube, where people discuss about political corecctnes. And a (transgender) woman there said, that she would only work at a company, that has a special department for LGTBQ. And in my opinion that is just too much. Either you want to be seen as normal and you want to be worth the exact same as everyone else, or you want to be treated special because of what you feel attracted to and who you are.

In general everyone is being so sensitive now.
I am female and I have very short hair. A few weeks ago I was at a bakery and a nice guys told the lady behind the counter that he would let "the young man" buy his things first. I held a laugh in, said thank you and went about my day. I dont have to be like "Oh well, I actually am a young woman" and make the nice guy regret his choice, since I am not going to see him ever again anyways.
Obviously in Engllish it is quite easy to just say they, but since I live in Germany, where we basically add a sex to every noun and dont have a easy way to leave she or he behind, its also a big discussion and everyone feels offended.

Some people in the LGBTQ community are just not tolerant towards anything that doesnt share their opinion, and that is just absurd in my opinion. They are asking everyone to be accepting of them, but they arent accepting in return. Calling everyone homophobic who isnt running around with rainbow flags wont solve any problem.

Oof, firstly, sorry for what you had to read because I realize my brain left when I was writting and some words got skipped or mixed up with others. That being said, what you said is pretty much what I think too, but probably didn't express well or very partially in my previous post. The comparison with vegans is interesting, and there are few other groups like this nowadays that act the same way, especially on the internet, but as you said, it doesn't really help to treat them as "everyone". On the opposite, it only helps to divide the society more and more.

That's personnally not part of the culture, and not what I was told society would be (and probably my feeling also come fromt he fact that such ideology is often imported from the US without paying attention to the societal differences between our countries). I guess I'm not the only one because, like I said, more and more people tend to get enough of it, even some homosexuals and people that "should" be part of tese communities, because it just doesn't help to live peacefully and create conflicts.

The problem is that still to this day, there are a lot of stereotypes and prejustice around mental illness. Most people still have a certain type of person or more specific a way of behavour on their mind when the hear mental illness. Actually there are discussion about "banning" the diagnosis of schizophrenia because of the extrem stigmatisation and prejudice someone has to face when he or she or they or.... are diagnosed with it. It is the same for many other mental illness or that people with mentall illness are called lacy or just have to pull there self up or or or or .... So if we want to actually a mental illness to be seen as an actual diseases then we have to make sure that our sociatie actual sees them as diseases
Changing a classification or a word to describe something won't make it seen in a better way though. Worse, by removing a disorder without proper argument or at least visible argument, then you enhance the prejudice like what a mental disorder is necessarily very pejorative.
I'd also say that, in France, the word "race" has been banned from many areas and that I've been told all my life that races don't exist and that everyone is absolutely equal, but does racism and prejudices against people disappeared? Certainly not. The only thing that it changed is that it became taboo to talk about differences between populations, especially by using the word "race", despite the fac tthat it could actually save some lives since some populations are more impacted by some diseases, or that a treatment is more effective than another one on a population. I'm afraid that by bannishing the use of some word inorder to be "nice", it just leads to less care for people who need it, and transgenders sometimes truly need it.

i just wanted to show that there is a deeper problem around mental illness and how people see this patients, doesn´t mean that i think it is right. I work with people with mental illnesses and i enjoy my work, but it is very often that these people have to fight against stigmatisation, which is horrible in my eyes. Many have a lot harder time finding a place to life or work, people expect them to act completly crazy, like how the see people in movies. Parents teach children to be activly afraid of people with mental illness because the seem to think (and yes i actualy heard people say this) that each one is extremly dangeraous and can hurt someone out of the blue. It doesn´t help that the media picks people in acut crisis who need help, and makes them look dangerous, more than they actually might be.

The argument why it might be take out of the ICD is the extrem stigmantisation and the fallouts und hardships created by the diagnoses

Ich empfehle die Literatur auf der Website des Bundes Katholischer Ärzte (BKAE). Der Vorsitzende, Dr. (I) Gero Winkelmann, spricht auch öfter im Fernsehen.