What the heck are you doing about climate change? English

Hey there everybody. New to this penpal website. I'm curious about what you all are doing to try to mitigate climate change, or is it too late to do anything about that? Is anyone here worried about potential food shortages?

I drink only local beer to stop the climate change! Stop the importation of beer from far away! Support your local brewery! Drink local beer and make the world safe for good climate 🍺☀️

I’m genuinely concerned about the climate change. I start my day by seeing the weather forecast. The UV index, pollution percentage and temperature is only getting worse 🙁

About taking steps to reduce climate change, I do these:
• lowering electricity consumption,
• having solar panels in the terrace,
• conserving water,
• reducing waste,
• recycling,
• travelling using bicycle for short places,
• stop using plastics,
• I give speeches about climate change at school to spread awareness among the students and many more! (I could only think of these for now 😁)
Hopefully, more people will follow this, more climate change warriors will emerge and work together to end climate crisis for good!

Hey mohitha, This is awesome. You've mentioned many thing here. As i told to you i would like to say it here in public. Whoever care about preventing global warming and save the nature please contact me. I'm gonna launch a campaign and i need some friends to join me from every cornor of our earth.

I'm vegan and only go to places by bike or public transports. I still think it's too late to actually stop the climate change.

I think it is too late, especially with the goverment not caring. Just asking people to act logical never works good enough, there need to be restrictions and laws, even though some idiots, who need to eat an entire cow or drive around in their SUVs for 6h every day, will cry about it. But you know, money. Who cares about life when you can have money. Or fun.
So I think the things scientists told us will happen, will defenetly happen. And we will actually manage to destroy the only planet we can live on, for money and fun. Yey.

Edit by Chaos .

I think it is too late, especially with the goverment not caring. Just asking people to act logical never works good enough, there need to be restrictions and laws, even though some idiots, who need to eat an entire cow and drive around in their SUVs for 6h every day, will cry about it. But you know, money. Who cares about life when you can have money. Or fun.
So I think the things scientists told us will happen, will defenetly happen. And we will actually manage to destroy the only planet we can live on, for money and fun. Yey.
Do you drive by bike? I hope so! And must we kill all cows, because poor cows produce much co2! Kill them all, the cows for climate change stopping! Or drink local beer!

I’m genuinely concerned about the climate change. I start my day by seeing the weather forecast. The UV index, pollution percentage and temperature is only getting worse 🙁
You're mixing meteorology and climatology. The daily weather is part of meteorology while the global warming is a climatic effect (which is something on the long term).

Hey there everybody. New to this penpal website. I'm curious about what you all are doing to try to mitigate climate change, or is it too late to do anything about that? Is anyone here worried about potential food shortages?
I don't care. Making efforts to reduce the global warming is only somethign we do to save the current state of the Earth/our own ass, not the Earth or Life at any point, because Life will find its way no matter what happen.
Now, for how late it is... It's too late to save everything, probably, but not to save ourselves it seems. That being said, reducing the emission of CO2, for instance, is a huge challenge that require mostly political moves on a global scale, which isn't done at all for now. Recycling your bottles or stopping eating meat (assuming you just don't switch to eat a tofu imported fromt he other side of the planet) is good, but it doesn't change anything to pollution from industries.

Do you drive by bike? I hope so! And must we kill all cows, because poor cows produce much co2! Kill them all, the cows for climate change stopping! Or drink local beer!
I really don’t think Indians would support killing the cows. Most Indians worship cows. Because they help a lot in the farms, they give dairy products and stuff. South Indians have a day called "Maatu Pongal" to appreciate cows and celebrate them

Do you drive by bike? I hope so!
Yes, I do.

And must we kill all cows, because poor cows produce much co2! Kill them all, the cows for climate change stopping!
If you think so, I don't. But I think we both know that, so putting that extreme measure up for discussion was quite unnecessary. What was your plan here, make me look stupid by acting as if your hyperbolical idea was mine?
So for your understanding: Calling someone an idiot, who insits on eating an entire cow everyday (which obviously is a hyperbole too, btw), does not equal wanting all cows dead.

Edit by Chaos .

I think it is too late, especially with the goverment not caring. Just asking people to act logical never works good enough, there need to be restrictions and laws, even though some idiots, who need to eat an entire cow and drive around in their SUVs for 6h every day, will cry about it. But you know, money. Who cares about life when you can have money. Or fun.
kill all the human, because human population is higher than cows. Human causes the global warming and destroying the nature. Your argument is complete stupid. All the living beings of earth have the right to live. We are just a part of the nature, not the owners. The earth and nature has gave us shelter and life sources. We must repay it in a good way. Don't you know that trees are the key to reduce CO2? Everyone who are using the woods are the one who has to be blamed first. Do you know how many trees are being destroyed for making pencils, Papers, Chopsticks like things? Can you tell honestly that you don't kill any animals? you can't. People like you are just killing and eating those poor beings just to satisfy your tongue and stomach.
How many trees have you planted? can you answer? if you can answer either yes or the number which shows that you haven't done enough. Be responsible. You're just suggesting to kill all the cows because you like to eat beef, don't you?

I really don’t think Indians would support killing the cows. Most Indians worship cows. Because they help a lot in the farms, they give dairy products and stuff. South Indians have a day called "Maatu Pongal" to appreciate cows and celebrate them

I drink only local beer to stop the climate change! Stop the importation of beer from far away! Support your local brewery! Drink local beer and make the world safe for good climate 🍺☀️

Don't you see that there are minors here ? How stupid are you to suggest to drink beer? and for prevent climate change?

Don't you see that there are minors here ? How stupid are you to suggest to drink beer? and for prevent climate change?
Don't you see the irony, and maybe the sarcasm in his posts..? As for trees being a key, not really... In fact, it's sometimes a carbone source... Same, people who use wood actually don't release carbon unless they destroy the wood. Better, they leave a free space for another tree to grow up and it is known that a tree is mostly effective at stocking carbon in the first decades of its development (later, it stock carbon on a slower rate). Funny to see someone blaming people using wood while you seem to use a motorbike, which is way more polluting than a car...

Else :
- Trees aren't a key. In fact, forests are sometimes a carbon sources rather than a carbon sink.
- People who use wood aren't necessarily contributing to the global warming. If they arent destroying the wood, then the carbon is still stocked. Better, it leaves a new space for another tree to grow and it's known that a tree is better at capturing carbon in its first decades of develoment while it caputre carbon at a slower rate later.
- Paper in some countries, especially developped countries like France, come from responsibles site and emit near 0 CO2.
- You blame people using wood, but you seem to drive a motorbike, which is far more polluting than a car, not talking about public transportation or bike.
- Eating animals isn't a problem in itself. Actually, some farmings (sic; not industrial garbage) is participating to the maintenance of very specific and rich ecosystems, thus to biodiversity.
- Beef tastes good, but veal is better. Kill the babies first. 🍺

Drink cider or wine, don't be German.

Edit by Lianshen .

Don't you see the irony, and maybe the sarcasm in his posts..? As for trees being a key, not really... In fact, it's sometimes a carbone source... Same, people who use wood actually don't release carbon unless they destroy the wood. Better, they leave a free space for another tree to grow up and it is known that a tree is mostly effective at stocking carbon in the first decades of its development (later, it stock carbon on a slower rate). Funny to see someone blaming people using wood while you seem to use a motorbike, which is way more polluting than a car...

Else :
- Trees aren't a key. In fact, forests are sometimes a carbon sources rather than a carbon sink.
- People who use wood aren't necessarily contributing to the global warming. If they arent destroying the wood, then the carbon is still stocked. Better, it leaves a new space for another tree to grow and it's known that a tree is better at capturing carbon in its first decades of develoment while it caputre carbon at a slower rate later.
- Paper in some countries, especially developped countries like France, come from responsibles site and emit near 0 CO2.
- You blame people using wood, but you seem to drive a motorbike, which is far more polluting than a car, not talking about public transportation or bike.
- Eating animals isn't a problem in itself. Actually, some farmings (sic; not industrial garbage) is participating to the maintenance of very specific and rich ecosystems, thus to biodiversity.

I like to be german😃 and i live in a region full of wine…for this i support the local small beer brewery! The winemakers here are rich enough. Do you know german wine like Riesling or Spätburgunder or Weißherbst? 100% clima neutral and local produced😃 greetings to France!

Edit by Piwipete .

Else :

it's just a photo and i don't have a motor bike, I don't even know to drive it, really trust me. And people using woods ae motivating the people who cut the trees indirectly. If there is no buyer there will be no business. And if trees aren't the key tell me what turns the CO2 into O2. Do you know what natural balance is? Animal eating and killing are making natural imbalance and meats make the humanity into cruelty. For example you like to ill a baby animal. And one more thing, Do you think there is no place on earth for trees? Do you know how many waste lands are there? Do you think that tree cutters are planting a new one there? What made you think that on tree has to be cut to plant a new one? You know what? if you eat meat your body gets more energy which means you get more calorie and burn more calorie and producing more CO2, be logical. Don't be a baby. And i told you that there are minors here, Promoting drugs isn't a decent thing.

Else :

I like to be german😃 and i live in a region full of wine…for this i support the local small beer brewery! The winemakers here are rich enough. Do you now german wine like Riesling or Spätburgunder or Weißherbst? 100% clima neutral and local produced😃 greetings to France!
I live 7-800km away from Germany, so I don't know much drinks or food from there. A Riesling must be very nice with some fish or some kind of chicken from what I see. I guess they'd be also present in Alsace?

Everyone who are using the woods are the one who has to be blamed first. Do you know how many trees are being destroyed for making pencils, Papers, Chopsticks like things?
Using wood? Seriously? Maybe give me an example of a person that doesn't use wood. When i look around in the room I am in right now, I would assume at least 50% of everything in here is wood. How are you supposed to live without using wood? It is a growing resource, so we will most likely never run out of it. It is probably one of the most practical things we have. What would you use if not wood? I do not think we have any other unlimited resource.

And people using woods ae motivating the people who cut the trees indirectly.
It isn't bad to cut down trees, just like it isn't bad to kill animals. Like Lianshen sad: As long as the wood is kept it will keep the CO² in it. And yes, obiously tree cutters plant new trees. Because it is their business and they cannot just go into woods and cut down random trees. They plant trees because they need trees to cut down.
Just like you say yourself: Balance is needed. Eating some meat isn't bad. And cutting some trees down, while planting others, isn't bad either.

If we cannot use wood, what should we use instead?

Animal eating and killing are making natural imbalance and meats make the humanity into cruelty. For example you like to ill a baby animal.
How is keeping and killing animals creating a natural imbalance?

About the cruelty: You can't discuss ethical believes. Everyone has their own. It's an opinion. Just because you think yours is the right one and you cannot justify killing creatures doesn't mean others can't disagree with you.
It has nothing to do with facts because it's just what you personally think is right. Therefore it isn't necessarily a great idea to discuss our ethical believes in this specific threat, that should be more about facts than about believes.

Else :

I like to be german😃 and i live in a region full of wine…for this i support the local small beer brewery! The winemakers here are rich enough. Do you now german wine like Riesling or Spätburgunder or Weißherbst? 100% clima neutral and local produced😃 greetings to France!
I live 7-800km away from Germany, so I don't know much drinks or food from there. A Riesling must be very nice with some fish or some kind of chicken from what I see. I guess they'd be also present in Alsace?
Cold Riesling with grilled fish and potato salad is only great! Yes, in Alsace you these wine to…to go to Alsace takes me under an hour, but now with covid it is difficult! I like the city of Metz in Lorraine too! It is beautiful! Greetings to Douce France😃