What are you reading now? Anything and everything

This is a thread for posting what you're currently reading.

I'm reading Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner (the woman who puts out music as Japanese Breakfast) and so far I'm loving it. She has a wonderful writing style and shares her experiences with excellent details. I can highly recommend it.

I an reading Ernst Jünger „Der Waldgang“ (means Walk in the Forest). it is an essay and Jünger talks about goverment, mass media and manipulation. It is very interesting. It is written in 1953 and has its value still today.

I an reading Ernst Jünger „Der Waldgang“ (means Walk in the Forest). it is an essay and Jünger talks about goverment, mass media and manipulation. It is very interesting. It is written in 1953 and has its value still today.

It sounds interesting, unfortunately it appears there isn't an English translation in our library.

I read a book with short stories by O'Henry. These stories are over 110 years old and though very interesting and entertaining. Some of them are sad, some are funny. About people, their feelings. written with humor and very rich language. I reading this book in english, and if i dont know a word i look it up in the same book in german.

Nothing at the moment, but probably I'll received the Metamorphosis soon, so i'll read this one.

It sounds interesting, unfortunately it appears there isn't an English translation in our library.

Hello, there is a translation which the title: „the forest passage“. Maybe you find it! Greetings Peter

Reading a Book from Mirsakarim Norbekov called „ Eselsweisheit: der Schlüssel zum Durchblick oder wie Sie ihre Brille loswerden“ in German

Nothing at the present moment.. I'm going to start a book called "Think like a Monk" soon after my examinations get over 😃

I always have more than one open book at home... one of them is "Die Psychopathen unter uns" by Joe Navarro.

I always have more than one open book at home... one of them is "Die Psychopathen unter uns" by Joe Navarro.
Die Psychopathen unter uns - das ist ja mal ein cooler Titel😂

Jaaa, haha. Es geht da wirklich um die psychologische Analyse von Psychopathen und deren Verhaltensmuster. Ich hab wohl zu viele Krimis geschaut...

Jaaa, haha. Es geht da wirklich um die psychologische Analyse von Psychopathen und deren Verhaltensmuster. Ich hab wohl zu viele Krimis geschaut...

Das hört sich richtig interessant an. Ich habe es mir gerade als Hörbuch down geloaded! Danke schön!

Das hört sich richtig interessant an. Ich habe es mir gerade als Hörbuch down geloaded! Danke schön!

Freut mich, dass ich was weitergeben konnte 😃

Freut mich, dass ich was weitergeben konnte 😃

Interestingly it seems like the book is titled Narcissists Among Us here in the US. That's the book I could find with the closest title her by Joe Navarro. I'll check it out as well.

The title reminds me of the researcher who was looking into psychopaths or sociopaths brains through brain imaging results and accidentally mixed his in with pile he was analyzing and identified himself as one. I'll have to try to remember where I read about that. It was fascinating but evidently the source was not memorable.

Reading Malice from Danielle Steel!

I'm reading Day Zero by C. Robert Cargill, as science fiction novel. I started yesterday and almost gave up on it because the writing style wasn't resonating with me. However the story got more compelling the more a read and now I'm interested in it.

The last book I read Crying in H Mart was fantastic. It's a very intimate and compelling book. The author does a great job explaining her relationship with her mother (who dies of cancer) and her mother's family and friends. Her mother is Korean and her father is white from the US. The book also explores her attempting to integrate the Korean side of herself into her adult life.

I am currently reading "The Elixirs of the Devil" by E. Hoffman

I am currently reading "The Elixirs of the Devil" by E. Hoffman
Cool! E.T.A. Hoffmann rules!!!