What are you reading now? Anything and everything

I read after a long while George Orwell's "1984". The first time i have read this brilliant novel, i have had 16 years. Now thirty years it is still a great, fascinating story! Prophetic book!!!

I love Orwell! 1984 is one the greatest books! Animal farm is also great!
Talking about dystopia , Brave new world by Huxley is also a good one 🙂 he used a completely different perspective to described how people being controlled and I found the world depicted by Huxley is quite similar to our modern world.....

Both are interesting! ORwell show a more communist-based dystopia whereas Huxley shows a more capitalist-based dystopia. I think the same, that Brave New World is depicting the current world a bit better, but a mix of both is probably what we are heading toward the most.

Anyone who have read the Soylent green? I was wondering if I'd read it soon.

Else, not a dystopia, but to get a bitter description of the world, the Trial from Kafka is a good one too; although it leaves you with a feeling of understanding nothing to what is happening.
Discourse on Voluntary Servitude is an essay too. Brilliantly written by Etienne de la Boétie talking about how people are enslaving themselves.

The Trial is a very good dystopia too. For me Kafka is one of the best horror-writers ever, because his horror is the horror of society and family and not a cosmic horror like in the works of great H.P. Lovecraft. Who is the author of Soylent Green? I know only the film with Charlton Heston!

My bad for saying Soylent Green. Ther novel's title is "Make room! Make room!" from Harry Harrison (both the movie and novel are called Soleil Vert in French).

I read after a long while George Orwell's "1984". The first time i have read this brilliant novel, i have had 16 years. Now thirty years it is still a great, fascinating story! Prophetic book!!!

Talking about dystopia , Brave new world by Huxley is also a good one 🙂 he used a completely different perspective to described how people being controlled and I found the world depicted by Huxley is quite similar to our modern world.....

Both are interesting! ORwell show a more communist-based dystopia whereas Huxley shows a more capitalist-based dystopia. I think the same, that Brave New World is depicting the current world a bit better, but a mix of both is probably what we are heading toward the most.

Else, not a dystopia, but to get a bitter description of the world, the Trial from Kafka is a good one too; although it leaves you with a feeling of understanding nothing to what is happening.
Discourse on Voluntary Servitude is an essay too. Brilliantly written by Etienne de la Boétie talking about how people are enslaving themselves.

The Trial is a very good dystopia too. For me Kafka is one of the best horror-writers ever, because his horror is the horror of society and family and not a cosmic horror like in the works of great H.P. Lovecraft. Who is the author of Soylent Green? I know only the film with Charlton Heston!

My bad for saying Soylent Green. Ther novel's title is "Make room! Make room!" from Harry Harrison (both the movie and novel are called Soleil Vert in French).

Thank you, i will look for the book! 🙂

i’m reading “il fu mattia pascal” by luigi pirandello; it’s pretty unusual but this makes it very special!