Tattoos Anything and everything

This is how I view tattoos. You spend your time constructing your building. You take care to use the proper materials so that your building is aesthetically pleasing. Then, after 16 or more years you pay a graffiti to tag it. Why would you do such a thing? Graffiti is ugly and takes away the beauty of the building.

And this is how I view the tattoos. I'm a walking canvas, and I carry the art on my texture where ever I go. That is what makes me an individual rather than a building.

I dont see why a tattoo must be negative. People want to bring whatever they love with them, wherever they go.
And also, I think not even graffiti must be ugly.

I dont like tattoos, but i like graffiti! Better then graffiti are the murales! This is great art!!!

I think they're great. It's a way for each person to personalize their OWN body they have and to tell a story. It's a way for people to express themselves and for the most part, they are very significant and special as well as personal and very symbolic. As well as the fact that if people decide to get a tattoo, good on them, but they and other should also note that they did it for themselves not to be aesthetic to others, we have no right to judge them. Sure there are some, but again, that was their own choice...

I rather like the idea of tattoos; it is like putting your signature on something, and in this case, your body. They can be used as a way of coping, covering up scars, self expression or preserving your story on your skin. They can be used to represent freedom or being bound to something, but everything on this earth has pros and cons - there is no point in lingering on the negative aspects when the positive side has a deeper impact. Obviously in my religion it is forbidden and I can understand why- truly I can. But if I was allowed, I would definitely get one; I would get one to commemorate my heritage and the history of my people.

Edit by lemondrop .

Tattoo is a Generational thing. Hot topic. I can see that's where opinions divide. Unless you were an Artist or a Bohemian it wasn't widely accepted before
And it's s cultural thing too. Depends where you grew up. In my Culture for instance tattoo was considered a criminal and prison Culture. If you were in the slammer you had it. Mostly male. To me? It's insecurities and ID confusion. A search for your self. Do you know who you are? Temporary, custom, or performance or expression is fine. However, when you start hurting your self physically ( needles, possible infection, pain after) I have a problem with it. Not to mention cost. The greatest art was created by a human genius. Who weren't tatood in order to prove their talent.

Everyone's own business.
Etc. I have a World War II sleeve tattoo and that was selected for the war veterans magazine in my own country, many many people have asked to be allowed to take a photo of mine body art. Kinda cool i think. 🙃

Edit by Oddmolly .

I made my first Tattoo as I was 58 years old. In this age you know what you like and what not. I never regret getting a tattoo...

I got mine 25 years ago. I still like it. But it is on a place where I can cover it without problems. It's a personal thing, and I don't like the trend to show tattoos to the world as a form of "Look at me! Looook at me!". I don't like it when it's too much, too obtrusive, too loud, too extrovert.

I'll not talk about my opinion now, but its your opinion that counts for yourself! If you want a tattoo, then it is your opinion that counts and you could get it! But if not then don't. But you don't need to judge others for it. And talking about graffitti...I don't think it is always ugly. Sometimes it can be nice or even pretty, it is different. People have different opinions.Some don't like grafitti at all and some do. And then there are people who like some grafitti but think some others are ugly. I think some grafitti can be nice and some isn't. Its different.

Everyone should decide for themselves if they get tattoos and for what reasons.

I don't have any, as I believe that I haven't earned it yet.

As cliché a saying it is, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What may be aesthetically pleasing to one may not be to someone else. I have tattoos. I get them because I like them, not for others. I do not like gang-related tattoos or anything that promotes hate, but I can say that about everything. I even think graffiti can be pleasing to the eye. I do not like graffiti that was done without permission though. So in the end, I feel "my body my rules" and "my building my rules". All of this being said, I do understand how tattoos can look unprofessional in the business world. It does not have any affect on my perception of others in a business environment, but I can understand why it does for others. None of my tattoos are visible if I were to wear any sort of business attire. I respect everyone's view on this subject though, but I'm not a fan of being judgmental towards others.

Asche, I feel no need to add anything to your statement. Beautifully said, thank you.

Aschei, I feel no need to add anything to your statement. Beautifully said, thank you.

I love my ink I have some amazing hard core demonic stuff after paul booth style that coveres my back most of my sleaves to the beautiful butterfly on my stomach to remind me of one of the britghest times in my life and the person who was in it

I have four tattoos. Each one different, but all sharing some important similarities. Let me start by saying as a person, I am impulsive. I often act on emotion, and struggle with understanding the idea of things being "permanent". Though, my tattoos are not an example of that behavior I often exert. All four of my tattoos embody someone that I love, whether they are still here with us or not. It all started with my first tattoo, "I am because you were", beautifully written across my ribs in cursive. I knew how permanent this was, and that was exactly what I wanted. I wanted a forever reminder that my father who passed away when I was thirteen at the hands of a drug overdose, was always there with me as long as I live. This was the first, but definitely wouldn't be the last permanent reminder I would stamp on my body with ink. The second and third tattoos are for my mother and my grandfather. The two most important people in my life. A flower creeping up my thigh, and a long bible verse stretching down my spine. Reminders that no matter where I go, these people are apart of me. Lastly, the most recent tattoo. A tiny imperfectly perfect puzzle piece that lays on the small of my arm. It matches my Bestfriend, who also has a shaky lined puzzle piece. She keeps me grounded, some days even alive. So, to you, tattoos may be the graffiti on a building that was not built over night. But, to me, these tattoos are art and a consistent reminder of the reasons why my building is still standing.

And this is how I view the tattoos. I'm a walking canvas, and I carry the art on my texture where ever I go. That is what makes me an individual rather than a building.
Exactly what I'm thinking. If you love just do it. I prefer traditional tattoos and fine lined ones.