Traditional food/meals Everyday life and customs

"In the north of Germany (my birth country) we
have something else with a funny name. "

'Strammer Max'
>Tight Max<

This is one or two slices of mixed bread (rye-wheat) that should already be a little older.
They are warmed briefly in the pan. Then bread on a plate, butter is added to the pan
and chicken eggs are fried. Layers of raw ham (air-dried or smoked) are placed between
the bread and the eggs. It is usually seasoned with black pepper and rose paprika (powder).

And of course there is the obligatory beer... It's a classic in the pub. You sit together,
drink beer and talk for hours about God-and-the-World. At some point, you get hungry.

The name stems precisely from this situation. In north Germany we say when someone
has drunk too much alcohol: "He-is-stramm. " (stramm=drunk) The idea behind
this is to help the 'drunk' get back on his feet with a solid snack...

Edit by Lir_Elhan .

Which of them did you know??😃 Which of them were new to you?🙂
I knew and learnt how to make:
Lasagna, carbonara (there is another meal called this way in French but that is fairly different), spaghetti aglio y olio, but not e peperonicino, pizza, tiramisu.
Got to knwo parmigiana in addition.

Have tried:
polenta, arancini, cannoli and some others like raviolis (filled with meat or mushroom and cooked with butter).

Erm 😅 a little bit difficult 😅 we have too much typical dishes 😅 I had to write a long list 😅
PS I know, we Italians are foodhaolics 😂😂

One Geman traditonal food I really like is "beef roulade with dumplings / potatoes and red cabbage".
(Rinderroulade mit Klöße / Kartoffeln und Rotkohl)
We alsways ate that dish at my grandmother´s house at Christmas. 🙂

We have different traditional food, depending on the state you live in it could be mole that's made with chocolate and chicken or chiles en nogada that's basically a green pepper stuffed with meat, vegetables, and sauce, it's very popular in September because it has the three colors of the Mexican flag.

In my state we have torta ahogada, tejuino, birria, carne en su jugo, frijoles charros, pozole tapatío, menudo jaliscience, borrego al pastor, jericalla, and many more.

If you really want to know abot traditional food in Mexico you would have to search each of the states.