Traditional food/meals Everyday life and customs

Hey everyone! I was wondering what your countries traditional foods are, or traditional meals, and if there’s a back story I’d love to hear it!!!

Tal x

See my post on Burns Night celebrating the Haggis

I will do!! X

I love Haggis, I’ve had it a few times in Scotland😍

Chicken adobo <3 yum

I like the French Crépes 😇

I really like "пельмени". It's traditional Russian food

Hi! I’m Barbara from Italy. We have a lot of different tradition foods like pizza, pasta, meatballs and tiramisu, but my favorite food is th arancino, a typical sicilian street food. It’s a fried rice ball with meat, cheese and peas inside 😋😋

Hi! I’m Barbara from Italy. We have a lot of different tradition foods like pizza, pasta, meatballs and tiramisu, but my favorite food is th arancino, a typical sicilian street food. It’s a fried rice ball with meat, cheese and peas inside 😋😋
Arancini alle melanzane sono anche grande!

I'm from Sicily, Italy and there are a lot of traditional foods like
Sweets: cannoli and cassata, a lot of homemade biscuits, gelato, tiramisù, pandoro
Salty: pizza, panelle, arancine, lasagne and so on
Write me if you are interested in italian foods or culture

I'm from Germany. Traditionally we have "Kartoffelknödel" which are balls made out of potatos

There is no country traditionnal but local traditionnal food only in France. Hence, in Brittany, crêpe is the local traditionnal food, but it's the wealthy version of "crêpe de blé noir", which is made of buckwheat flour, water, salt, and an egg and some milk depending on the area in Brittany.

Traditionnal garnish would be to put an egg, some ham and a bit of cheese. (it's a salted dish unlike crêpe that is mostly sweet).

Hey everyone! I was wondering what your countries traditional foods are, or traditional meals, and if there’s a back story I’d love to hear it!!!

Tal x

Las pupusas

Hi! I'm Anna from Russia. We have many traditional foods, for example dressed herring, pelmeni (aka 'dumplings') and blini (aka 'puncakes') 🙂

Hi, I'm from the Netherlands! I love 'snert' (a thick soup made of split peas, celery, leeks, carrots and pork) and 'stamppot met rookworst' (mashed potatoes mixed with one or more vegetables like kale, carrots or endive, with a Dutch smoked sausage). It all looks rather unappetizing, but I think it's very Dutch and delicious!

I mean we all „know“ that germans eat pretzel, sauerkraut and sausages but in north germany we also eat Labskaus. It‘s a mix of mashed potatoes and corned beef. You eat it with pickels, beetroot, fish and fried egg.

I mean we all „know“ that germans eat pretzel, sauerkraut and sausages but in north germany we also eat Labskaus. It‘s a mix of mashed potatoes and corned beef. You eat it with pickels, beetroot, fish and fried egg.
And in the Southwest we have a real different dish - Long away from Labskaus - „Pfälzer Saumagen“, meat cooked in the stomach of a pig.…a bite like haggis, but different. I like all kind of regional Food in Germany, from northern „Fischbrötchen“ to southern „Weißwurstfrühstück“… Guten Appetit🙂

Hi, I'm from the Netherlands! I love 'snert' (a thick soup made of split peas, celery, leeks, carrots and pork) and 'stamppot met rookworst' (mashed potatoes mixed with one or more vegetables like kale, carrots or endive, with a Dutch smoked sausage). It all looks rather unappetizing, but I think it's very Dutch and delicious!
Stamppot is echt lekker!