What does your surname mean? Does it have any particular significance? Everyday life and customs

My surname is Saronni and comes from the city of Saronno in Italy

My surname is Purmal and is from Latvia. I don't have confirmation on what it means because my part of the family wasn't that close with my great grandfather and great great grandfather. I've been told it means near the swamp or by the swamp. However if you split it up it is pure evil in French and pure times in German. By the way it rhymes with thermal, and that's cool. If you say it like Purr mall it sounds like a place where cats shop.

Ahahah incredible

My first surname is "Fuchs" (english: fox ). My family chose this surname as we wanted to change it. So, it just means fox.

That is, was it originally Fuchs ?

My surname means “Trustworthy/ The truthful one”.

I am from Russia and I have one name - Diana (my mother likes British Princess Diane therefore, I am Diana ) and surname - Bagautdinova (Bagautdinoff in english mean) it name is name of our big whole family (in honour my grandfather's name - Bagautdin). I don't know full mean of my surname, but, it means "beauty of religion", how I know

Edit by AnnaDiana .

My surname is Marmol. It means "marble" in Spanish. The original writing is Mármol. My great grandfather was Andalous immigrated in France at the begining of the last century.

My surname comes from the word "arbalétrier" ("crossbowman" in English) 🏹
But I've never tried crossbow :')

Really interesting question ! 😉

Interesting 😮

my surname comes from the name of Piotr. It is a surname of Greek origin

That is, was it originally Fuchs ?
I had another surname before, which I don't wanna mention. But I also have a second surname, which I don't know the meaning of 🙃

Edit by hogwartsdropout .

My surname is Krieger, it's of German origin, it means warrior

my surname means "hills" in english, It comes from a place in Spain called : Cuèllar, that means : "Hill". That place is full of ancient castles and surround by hills all around

my surname is Popa that in romanian means "priest"

My last name is "Toll"it means “great in” english