Which languages do you learn at school in your country? Everyday life and customs

English and french

In Perth we learn Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin), French and sometimes German... Most just do Japanese though and you have exchange programs 🙂

In Colombia, public school just teach English, and they teach it very bad, In some private, they teach English, French and German, I'm so surprising that almost everybody says like 4 or 5 languages. In my school they teach us English and French.

As in Bangladesh, Bangla is the firs choice. Then there is an English Medium; again Arabic is also learnt by many accordingly. But there are Sub-communities like Chakma, Marma, Santal, Garo and they has their own Languages.

I go to school in Florida,USA and the most popular is Spanish, and French. In some places like in Miami for elementary you have to take a Spanish class cause in that area there are a lot of hispanic people.

We have to learn English and German. On MY school we can also learn Latin, French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Ancient Greek and probably some more I dont remember.

English, Latin, German, French and Italian.

I‘m from Germany and we learn english, spanish and french at school regually. ☺️

we learn several languages ​​at school the main languages ​​are english, french and latin but if you want you can learn many more languages

I’ve done Italian (main language)
English
Spanish for 3 years
French for 5 years

Gymnasium:
I'm learning English, French, Spanish
I could learn Ancient Greek, Latin and also Russian.
I've learned a half year Arabic - but I forgot it all😞

In Italy we learn since the beginning of the school career Italian, then in elementary school, we learn English, in middle school, you can choose a new language between Spanish, German and French. Languages in high school depending on which school you chose. Personally, I studied tourism and I learnt German and Spanish, which are also my languages at the university.

In china, most high school, middle school and primary provide Chinese and English only.Our gaokao( college entrance examination include a subject called foreign language. Most student do English, but doing Japanese, Korean, Russian, German, Spanish or French are also ok) but when it comes to university, then it depends on what major you choose. Some majors especially those about foreign languages sometimes require students to choose a second foreign language( l heard that from some of my friends who study in Chinese universities).

Edit by LilyPeng6 .

In Indonesia, students must learn Indonesian and English. Some schools also have regional language subject, depending on the school's location. For example, my school is located in West Java, so I learned Sundanese, my friends who go to school in Central Java won't learn it, and learn Javanese instead. If you go to Islamic school, you will learn Arabic. In other schools, students learn either German, Japanese, French, or Chinese.

We study Punjabi(our mother tounge), Hindi(our national language) and English......all these 3 are mandratory

In Italy we learn english and italian, then on the secondary school we chose between french, german and spanish.
I live near Austria, so I couldn't chose a language in the middle schoool, I had to do german, english and italian.

I come from Germany and have studied English in school. There was also the chance to choose French at class 7, but I haven't choose it. For me it was the right way, because I learned a little bit more about technic and economic. So, if I had the joice once again, I would to the same. If you want to study more about languages, it's no problem to learn about french, spanish and italian. My goal for the future is it to learn italian, because I love this language so much. But it isn't very easy to learn it on your own...

In italy you learn english (in all schools), latin, french, spanish, depends on which school you go