In such moments, I simply recall Epictetus' quote: βDonβt seek for everything to happen as you wish it would, but rather wish that everything happens as it actually willβthen your life will flow well. "
In such moments, I simply recall Epictetus' quote: βDonβt seek for everything to happen as you wish it would, but rather wish that everything happens as it actually willβthen your life will flow well. "
I like what u wrote because it makes me think of what my grandmom sometimes said when she did not yet have dementia bc when u were for example scared of smt then she just said what is wrong with that. And i did not understand it and she said if u are scared and u try to change it then u feel more stressed and it is ok. But that is still very difficult!!!
What i think also helps is for example if u are stressed abt something then u can think of maybe a time when u were less stressed and u try to remember how that feels. Because in that way u can try to feel in the same way again. π
And btw i really like your new profile photo @diogenes_cask from your vacation and the adventure on that mountain!!!! ππ
Hellooo everybody!!! πββοΈ Sorryy that i was not online a lot but i had to study for a test and was first one of this year so i felt bit stressyy EVEN if it was not mega difficult. π¬π¬ So i just wanted to ask people who maybe like to tell what they do:
β‘οΈ How do u stay super zen??
Like for example if u have a FIRST TEST of the new year for school or maybe uni. Or if u have to do something super important for work. Because sometimes if you focus on how important it is, then u can BLOCK and it becomes more difficult. So how do u stay super zen no matter how important it is? πππ΅βπ«
Thank u very much anybody who likes to answer it or just write what u think!! πβ€οΈπ
tbh idk i jst do my sports or write some shitt
tbh idk i jst do my sports or write some shitt
Thanksss a LOTTT @Itsmehhh!!! For me i really needed maybe more time to also be zen. It was a SUPER heavy week. We had our FIRST test week at school and it was VERY hard and much to do. And i also had work at the supermarket bc i promised to help a few ours and babysitting which i normally do. And i went to sports but it was too much and my mom complained bc i did eat less than normal so she panicked a bit about that bc maybe u make same mistakes so i had to be more careful and it was really difficult NOT to be stressy. And yesterday i felt like ZOMBIEE bc i was really tired and we now have hw for next week which is still a lot.
Thanksss a LOTTT @Itsmehhh!!! For me i really needed maybe more time to also be zen. It was a SUPER heavy week. We had our FIRST test week at school and it was VERY hard and much to do. And i also had work at the supermarket bc i promised to help a few ours and babysitting which i normally do. And i went to sports but it was too much and my mom complained bc i did eat less than normal so she panicked a bit about that bc maybe u make same mistakes so i had to be more careful and it was really difficult NOT to be stressy. And yesterday i felt like ZOMBIEE bc i was really tired and we now have hw for next week which is still a lot.
Just first test?? We already had soooo much
Just first test?? We already had soooo much
Nopee not first test but first test WEEK!!! π π Im not sure if is same in Belgian but in Dutch is proefwerkenweek so u have the whole week 1 or 2 tests EVERY DAY!!! And in between in normal weeks u can get test BUTTT it is not so difficult bc u only have to study for that and often is abt way less but in proefwerkenweek u CANT just study in that week or u are too late. So it is super stressyy but also important for the scores.
Nopee not first test but first test WEEK!!! π π Im not sure if is same in Belgian but in Dutch is proefwerkenweek so u have the whole week 1 or 2 tests EVERY DAY!!! And in between in normal weeks u can get test BUTTT it is not so difficult bc u only have to study for that and often is abt way less but in proefwerkenweek u CANT just study in that week or u are too late. So it is super stressyy but also important for the scores.
Ooohh we dont have itt
Hellooo everybody!!! πββοΈ Sorryy that i was not online a lot but i had to study for a test and was first one of this year so i felt bit stressyy EVEN if it was not mega difficult. π¬π¬ So i just wanted to ask people who maybe like to tell what they do:
β‘οΈ How do u stay super zen??
Like for example if u have a FIRST TEST of the new year for school or maybe uni. Or if u have to do something super important for work. Because sometimes if you focus on how important it is, then u can BLOCK and it becomes more difficult. So how do u stay super zen no matter how important it is? πππ΅βπ«
Thank u very much anybody who likes to answer it or just write what u think!! πβ€οΈπ
Go, take a warm bath, go for a cycling session and then take a single dose of the maximum amount of caffeine you can safely take (500mg for me) and then lock in.
β‘οΈ How do u stay super zen??
I donβt have very intense feelings, or maybe I just donβt notice them, so when Iβm stressed about something I just ignore it until itβs over or I just let myself be stressed or nervous, sometimes itβs not a bad thing, it can help you focus or prepare better.
Go, take a warm bath, go for a cycling session and then take a single dose of the maximum amount of caffeine you can safely take (500mg for me) and then lock in.
Ok the warm bath is a good idea β and cycling i do it already every day to school and also back (ANDDD also for other things) but caffeine and maximum amount????? π³π³π¬π I will NOTTTT survive it bc i am not good with caffeine and i only drink tea where there is caffeine and dont really like coffee bc it smells like feet and i dont really would like to taste it!! π΅βπ«π΅βπ«
Im never super zen im literally the bunny from duracell hahaha
Omggg ok now i CANT get that picture out of my head abt u @Fleurke!!!!!! π π
I donβt have very intense feelings, or maybe I just donβt notice them, so when Iβm stressed about something I just ignore it until itβs over or I just let myself be stressed or nervous, sometimes itβs not a bad thing, it can help you focus or prepare better.
It is true abt that u can maybe focus better but also if u are TOO stressed or feeling that way that u can block or become super tired!!! I had now also super hectic week so far but not with tests but just normal hw and i dont want be behind or it is super difficult to read it all again and also do new hw at same time.
Ok the warm bath is a good idea β and cycling i do it already every day to school and also back (ANDDD also for other things) but caffeine and maximum amount????? π³π³π¬π I will NOTTTT survive it bc i am not good with caffeine and i only drink tea where there is caffeine and dont really like coffee bc it smells like feet and i dont really would like to taste it!! π΅βπ«π΅βπ«
Omggg ok now i CANT get that picture out of my head abt u @Fleurke!!!!!! π π
It is true abt that u can maybe focus better but also if u are TOO stressed or feeling that way that u can block or become super tired!!! I had now also super hectic week so far but not with tests but just normal hw and i dont want be behind or it is super difficult to read it all again and also do new hw at same time.
As I write this message, it is 1:42 AM in India, I sleep around 3-3:30 every day and wake upby 6-6:30 every day, so caffeine is important in my life, the max recommended limit is 400mg but who cares.
I love cycling.
As I write this message, it is 1:42 AM in India, I sleep around 3-3:30 every day and wake upby 6-6:30 every day, so caffeine is important in my life, the max recommended limit is 400mg but who cares.
I love cycling.
U should SLEEEEPP!!!!!!!! Or u become a mega zombiee or like a panda bear with the black eyes bc u dont sleep enough!!! It is now here already 22:34 and normally i already sleep at this time or the next day i feel like super worthless!!!! π¬π ββοΈ
As I write this message, it is 1:42 AM in India, I sleep around 3-3:30 every day and wake upby 6-6:30 every day, so caffeine is important in my life, the max recommended limit is 400mg but who cares.
I love cycling.
Lack of sleeping is the worst enemy for health, I know from my own experience. Maybe you don't feel it now, but body remembers everything. Since you seem to have an exceptional intelligence and characteristic username, I assume you plan to enroll machine engineering or something similar. To success in that you'll need the concetration and discipline which you can improve by sleeping or if you get insomnia at least lying in bed at self-scheduled time
Ok the warm bath is a good idea β and cycling i do it already every day to school and also back (ANDDD also for other things) but caffeine and maximum amount????? π³π³π¬π I will NOTTTT survive it bc i am not good with caffeine and i only drink tea where there is caffeine and dont really like coffee bc it smells like feet and i dont really would like to taste it!! π΅βπ«π΅βπ«
Coffee being a (powerful) stimulant, I wouldn't say it helps anybody to stay "zen", and if somebody was to pretend so, then I'd suspect there is an underlying dependency, although that's only my two cents since I'm no doctor.
What I see from @TheLOVERofMachines is that he is severly and chronically sleep deprived and that, in this case, coffee can temporarily relieve the stress associated with sleep deprivation.
Sleep restriction is stacking up overtime though; your intellectual capacities decrease, you irritability, stress, physiological issues all accumulate and grow in the background. Coffee can eventually mask some consequences of lack of sleep for a while, but it doesn't help the restoration of physiological functions like sleep does. Much the opposite, and because coffee essentially blocks adenosine receptors (but not the production of the hormon, hence why some people gets sleepier once coffee stops kicking), it can make you enter a loop and feed sleep deprivation where you, ultimately exhausting your body day after day.
You don't feel it as much when you are a teen or in your 20's eventually, but at some point, all the problems you neglect in your youth will come back and knock at your door like a hungry grizzly someday.
Coffee being a (powerful) stimulant, I wouldn't say it helps anybody to stay "zen", and if somebody was to pretend so, then I'd suspect there is an underlying dependency, although that's only my two cents since I'm no doctor.
What I see from @TheLOVERofMachines is that he is severly and chronically sleep deprived and that, in this case, coffee can temporarily relieve the stress associated with sleep deprivation.
Sleep restriction is stacking up overtime though; your intellectual capacities decrease, you irritability, stress, physiological issues all accumulate and grow in the background. Coffee can eventually mask some consequences of lack of sleep for a while, but it doesn't help the restoration of physiological functions like sleep does. Much the opposite, and because coffee essentially blocks adenosine receptors (but not the production of the hormon, hence why some people gets sleepier once coffee stops kicking), it can make you enter a loop and feed sleep deprivation where you, ultimately exhausting your body day after day.
You don't feel it as much when you are a teen or in your 20's eventually, but at some point, all the problems you neglect in your youth will come back and knock at your door like a hungry grizzly someday.
Joint Entrance Examination - Wikipedia
I am a general category student, If I have any intention to go down my chosen path, I must lock in, consequences to be dealt with later. 4 months remain for the first test.
Sleeping and rest are parts of the learning process, just like for musculation or most activities. Maximizing study hours at the expense of sleep doesn't lead to better learning than studying less hours, but more focused and with a proper rest time.
The academic literature is quite consistent on that regard; sleep is also contributing to learning, consolidating knowledge, and deprivation reduce the effectiveness of studying itself (namely by affective cognitive abilities such as attention).