>>> SAND JOURNEY <<<

  • 150
  • 3
  • 22

If I may write my story...

Studying and teaching about "sand" in pedology, I used to see it as lifeless particles gathering together to make a soft path to walk on along the shore, an environment to support some plants' roots, or a component of buildings and other structures.

But the "perception" changed the day it became alive as a messenger of love. The day someone changed its meaning to me and showed its value and the lessons it can teach.

The way you go to collect it, the instruments you carry with you, the geographical location you record, the way you come back with the sense of success and happiness... all are not only wonderful teachers but also reasons that you feel you have done something valuable in your life...

Now it is not just a lifeless particle to me. Whenever I hear the word "sand", whenever I walk on it, whenever I touch it, whenever I see a sand collection... a massive sense of life and love envelops me; I can see that lovely smile on the face of it, and hear the beautiful musical tone of the voice that was never heard...

If I may write my story....

OH, YOU MAY, AYDA...! ๐Ÿ™‚


:
Store-Room and Data-Bank....


Collecting Sand has gave me an excuse to travel and
confront myself with Beauty and Fear. Live on Earth
is often -- TO FIND THAT REASON (to live for)

LOVE and SAND

Collecting Sand in the Yew Forest



Yesterday Michael invited me to a little retreat.
He sent me to Peterzell,
home to the largest surviving yew forest in Europe.

One of the lessons I learned was, that when I really open up,
my teacher is always with me.
In the yew forest, it was easy for me to open up.
I was immersed in an atmosphere that was so primal,
mysterious, magical, and above all, quiet.
I associate all of that with Michael as well.

I collected sand from three spots.
The forest is very damp and crisscrossed by streams.
The calcareous tufa crumbled into sand just from
being rubbed lightly between my hands.
I couldnโ€™t resist taking off my shoes and wandering
barefoot through the forest for a bitโ€”to feel even more a part of nature.
I know that yew is poisonous in all its parts, and that caution is advised
in the presence of such a dense concentration of these spirit-like trees.
Butโ€ฆ in the end, I couldnโ€™t even resist taking a small sip from the streams.

I have to admit that I canโ€™t fully understand what
Michael associates with collecting sand.
But when I look at his collection, the essence
of the nature it represents is very much present.
All the places heโ€™s traveled to, contained in a beautiful drawer box.
And I know only a tiny fraction of the stories behind them.

All the more reason for me to hope
that Iโ€™ve contributed a worthy story to it.
For me, it was a mix of joy and learning.

Thank you
Christine

I will put some pictures of the yew trees on my profile


Short or little sign from me, 'The Sandman'.

Today I went for another Sand-Tour. It is VERY difficult
To leave Iran or go there as German or Austrian. The
world now is really a challenge. Even to send me a
little sample Sand form Iran is almost impossible.
Well -- we can not change that, just like 'this'....

BUT do not gve up, Ayda ... I bring a beautiful Journey
and its Images to you -- and all those who like to to
take part. Later more -- it was the longest 'no-rest-ride'
in my entire live and something like 1.500 altitude
to climb.... ๐Ÿ™‚

I am becoming to old for this -- LOVE and LIGHT


BUT do not gve up, Ayda ... I bring a beautiful Journey and its Images to you -- and all those who like to to take part.

Oh, what can I say... "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING."๐Ÿ˜”

And Thank You for Your Understanding and Concern.๐Ÿ’š

Later more -- it was the longest 'no-rest-ride'
in my entire live and something like 1.500 altitude
to climb.... ๐Ÿ™‚

I am becoming to old for this -- LOVE and LIGHT

You are changing the meaning of "old", DEAR SANDMAN...๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ‘

Edited by Liveinpeace .

He sent me to Paterzell....

Yes I did and it was a nice day for me too.

Here is the Sand, Christine collected -- a pretty one
with a story... ๐Ÿ™‚




The Story goes on...

Amazing how beautiful the sand looks in its vial.
I even love the way you seal it.

Just look at the picture of the collection site
in my post above. There is still so much
beauty hidden for me and you open my eyes
from time to time.

๐ŸŒน
c.

Hobbies, parties, or any activity that can cheer you up are taken from you because of the situation "around you",

but you still continue, the universe gives you a new opportunity,

to know (a relative word) a Light-giving person, who inspires you for a journey,

so you start your collection journey, in which you forget your sorrows and shortages,

and you "feel" freedom and joy.

Then that situation "around you" gets harder and shrinks the circle of your potentials,

you cannot even go for the sand journey anymore,

which interestingly happens simultaneously with your "dead end"...

Well, ...

Nothing,

That's all.

Edited by Liveinpeace .


They love sand too....

...collecting sand from all over the world is, after all, a bit
like โ€˜taking a souvenir homeโ€™. There are some sands โ€“ just
a few โ€“ for which I had to climb down a cliff, without
knowing how Iโ€™d get back up again afterwards. That was
the case at the North Cape, for example. The universe
rewarded me by letting me find a beautiful garnet in its
host rock โ€“ which I probably shouldnโ€™t have taken with
me. Other samples lay exactly on the prime meridian,
as was the case, for example, on the British Isles.

LOVE and SAND

... for which I had to climb down a cliff, without

knowing how Iโ€™d get back up again afterwards. ... The universe rewarded me by letting me find a beautiful garnet in its host rock

I love those moments that humans fearlessly and couragousely go after what or whom they love, without even thinking about any possible danger or loss...

And the universe always rewards those who dare to immerse themselves in love, although LOVE itself is THE REWARD.

That's why they don't care if they even "lose" something earthly along the cliff-edge path of love.


"Blessed is the gambler who stakes and loses everything,

leaving him nothing but the longing to gamble once more."

_Rumi

Edited by Liveinpeace .


Sand from Kerak Castle (Jordan) -- The 'red' ones are from Petra

LOVE and SAND


Edited by Lir_Elhan .


On the other side of the world...

Sand from the river base, fresh and hot!, waiting to get dried.

What a story it has...


THANK YOU, SANDMAN

Meaningful journeys inspired by divine_guided people never end, even if we do not go out of the house.

They always continue in our souls.

This "fact" made me calm yesterday while I was wishing to either die or go back in time...

Thank You, Michael

๐Ÿƒ


Sand from Kerak Castle (Jordan) -- The 'red' ones are from Petra

Wonderful place to take sand from. It feels like the whole history of the castle, the owner, the builders, the time then, ... all are now in this Sand Collection Box. Who knows? Maybe they are communicating with each other there right now! Oh my imagination is like a wild horse now....

๐Ÿท


:

3x Petra -- 3x Kerak and the larger rest it, is building
the foundation of a new painting...


At least all 'my' sand-sample are talking with me, Ayda... ๐Ÿ™‚

Your Sandman


At least all 'my' sand-sample are talking with me, Ayda... ๐Ÿ™‚

Your Sandman

The reason is they are all happily "living" at their times in your Infinite Soul, Dear Sandman...


Cant wait to see the new painting ๐Ÿ˜‡
๐Ÿท

Not really SAND -- but a part of my treasure....

...all my sand samples are stored in 10 ml glass vials. There are
very light samples, weighing just 6โ€“7 grams, and heavy, volcanic
samples, which weigh in at 37 grams. On some beaches I have
found shells so fine and small that they can only be recognised
as such under a magnifying glass.

Some samples consist solely of plastic, which is now beginning
to alter the beaches here in Europe too.

There are also gemstone-like beaches in the North-of-Norway.
Lake Inari is home to such beaches. When the sun shines, you
sit amidst a sea of glittering red lights....


As I was brainstorming the database, I couldnโ€™t have imagined
it โ€“ but I should have photographed the location of each find
so that I could record it in the database.

LOVE and SAND

... and as a Diving Fan and Teacher for Apnoe, I had a lot of opportunities to collect samples ...

Apnoe is wonderful...

Learning apnoe is a necessity for surviving the difficult "stages" of this life.

Being able to tolerate the CO2 of harsh moments, sufferings and doubts when one is trying to stay alive under the waves of life's lessons is a magnificent power.

Blessed are those who can freely breathe even under such raging waves, for they see this turbulance as vitalizing as a beautiful garden. They do not "try" to stay alive; they ARE Life, Light and Love...

๐Ÿ