What do you think of COVID 19 vaccine Politics and governments

Early on the virus was very, very dangerous. When the vaccines came out then, they prevented serious illness and death. They saved millions of lives. There are numerous studies to show this. For example, "Duration of Protection against Mild and Severe Disease by Covid-19 Vaccines" source: https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMoa2115481

Now, the virus is much less harmful, and the vaccine does not appear to be necessary.

Early on the virus was very, very dangerous. When the vaccines came out then, they prevented serious illness and death. They saved millions of lives. There are numerous studies to show this. For example, "Duration of Protection against Mild and Severe Disease by Covid-19 Vaccines" source: https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMoa2115481

Now, the virus is much less harmful, and the vaccine does not appear to be necessary.

People developed higher immunity over time, like with many viruses. I don't know if these studies include this, I don't how how reliable it is and I can't verify that.

But saying that it helped prevent milions of deaths sounds like propaganda.

Especially when You consider how healthcare looked like in many countries when Covid came out, and how reluctant many doctors was about dealing with ill patients.

And how was this effectiveness checked? All I see in the article is about test results, not how vaccinated and unvaccinated goes through covid.

And Im not saying vaccines were unnefective, but as far as I know it was to make symptoms weaker. Still, in my opinion its risky to take it.

But saying that it helped prevent milions of deaths sounds like propaganda.

Not propaganda. Fact. Read that study and the many, many others. The data all show the same thing.

As for hazards of taking the vaccine? Yes, some. Very, very small risks, affecting 1 in many tens of thousands. So, the benefit outweighed the hazard.

Best wishes, my friend.

No, that data doesn't show how vaccines saved milions of people.

The methods are not aimed at proving it even, or im just too stupid to see it.

And it seems to ignore the fact of so called "herd immunity". It's generally hard to test something like that, because You can't check what would happen with same person without vaccine.

At least in the future they can use this kind of data as argument when they will be trying to sell new vaccines to countries.

And I must add that we don't know all side effects of vaccine yet. Too short period of time.

China had an ineffective vaccine.

Oxiu, I see your point. But monthly stats show a huge decline in deaths after the vaccine became available in USA. If you don't trust stats because you think CDC etc is corrupt, ask boots on the ground: nurses. Try blogs, or even call a hospital or two in USA. When that vaccine came around, everything changed. Ventialtor shortages stopped, morgues emptied, intensive care beds were freed up.

As for herd immunity, that requires that everyone gets the virus. A year after covid started, that would have been disasterous. Now? Great idea.

As for the vaccines in China, I don't know how effective they are. I got my three late, and probably after being necessary.

As for long term damage from vaccines? I don't expect surprises. But who knows? Maybe I'll grow extra limbs and start talking nonsense on forums..... Wait a second! How am I holding two cups of coffee while typing! Oh no! It's started! 🙂 Seriously, I do see your points. It's complicated. And if some drug company tells me I need more shots now, they can go to hell. They just want money.

Oxiu, I see your point. But monthly stats show a huge decline in deaths after the vaccine became available in USA. If you don't trust stats because you think CDC etc is corrupt, ask boots on the ground: nurses. Try blogs, or even call a hospital or two in USA. When that vaccine came around, everything changed. Ventialtor shortages stopped, morgues emptied, intensive care beds were freed up.
Different hypothesises should be looked upon regarding this:
- Most vulnerable people already caught it and died.
- The severity of covid decreased with time.
- Possibily wrong analyses of the data, or corruption.

For the last one, I haven't looked it up, but I sure have seen some pictures of people very mmuch against vaccination who showed case of influenza positive test dropping severly or disappearing,a nd some deaths automatically attributed to covid. If true,then that would be an explanation.

As for vaccines preventing deaths, probably still, but its efficiency on young people is rather dubious and pushing over it for everybody was a political decision more than a scientific one. NEws then appeared about efficiency of Pfizer being faked for instance, and possible side effects neglected...

Lianshen, you make good points. The whole thing is so complicated, the right position for us may be that we will never know for sure. Hey, if years pass, and this vaccine doesn't turn out of have terrible side effects, which seems likely now, then hey, it likely saved a lot of lives. How many? Who can say for sure. Did it go into arms of people unnecessarily? Very, very likely.