What do you think of COVID 19 vaccine Politics and governments

What do you guys think of the COVID vaccine...

As a believer in vaccine I will get it the moment I can

As a believer in vaccine I will get it the moment I can
Haha me too, I don't care if it'll have side effects or not. Normally I'm not a fan of injections; but this one I'm dying to take

I have already got two injections last year which was made by SINOVAC BIOTECH CO.,LTD. I think they're really nice. And vaccines do help a lot to keep away from COVID-19. In China, everyone can get vaccines for free and there are already more than 1,142,688,000 people in China got the vaccine. And there aren't a lot of people have the adverse reaction.

I think that people should be able to choose for themselves whether or not they want to get the vaccine. There is way too much pressure on people to get the vaccine.
It’s not the solution that we were told it would be. People who get vaccinated can still get covid and pass it on.

The vaccine doesn't prevent you from spreading the virus and doesn't prevent you from being sick. It only prevents you to get a severe case of Covid, which seems to be unlikely with the Omicron... So more than ever, I think it should be given to weak people mostly (elderies, diabetics, obeseses...) and that we should stop being sold, by politicians mostly, a "ok, we need a 3rd, 4th, 5th... injectioon" of a vaccine we bought to some companies that raised the prices of supposedly medications since 2020.

Being vaccinated won't give you a so called "normal life" at all, it will only increase the segregation, the remove of freedom and the inequalities in our countries at the expanses of the poorests.

For the ones pretending that this vaccine (which is the first not to protect froma disease and/or to spread a disease) stop the spread of covid, please explain how come France has +500k (official, many don't say anything) cases per day with 80% of its population being vaccinated.

I took it because the authorities force us but i don't trust this lethal substance

when its from biontec I take it if it isnt from them then well just if there is no chance to get the good stuff the brilliant one of biontec 😃

The vaccine doesn't prevent you from spreading the virus and doesn't prevent you from being sick. It only prevents you to get a severe case of Covid, which seems to be unlikely with the Omicron... So more than ever, I think it should be given to weak people mostly (elderies, diabetics, obeseses...) and that we should stop being sold, by politicians mostly, a "ok, we need a 3rd, 4th, 5th... injectioon" of a vaccine we bought to some companies that raised the prices of supposedly medications since 2020.

Being vaccinated won't give you a so called "normal life" at all, it will only increase the segregation, the remove of freedom and the inequalities in our countries at the expanses of the poorests.

For the ones pretending that this vaccine (which is the first not to protect froma disease and/or to spread a disease) stop the spread of covid, please explain how come France has +500k (official, many don't say anything) cases per day with 80% of its population being vaccinated.

thank you for speaking some sense. Appreciate some self thinking individual. And the very last sentence 😆 lol uhm don't mind the elephant in the room.

Are you suggesting it would be better to do nothing at all than be vaccinated?
Its pointless to complain that the vaccine isn't perfect. It was made in response to a global pandemic, its something over nothing not a be-all and end-all solution. People are still working on the vaccine, trying to increase its effectiveness. That is why there are booster shots (3rd, 4th, 5th injections), to make it work better.
If you want more immunity, booster shots are the solution. Its estimated that with a booster, your immunity against omicron will go from around 40% to 70%.

Also the vaccines make it far less likely for a person to contract a severe case of covid. That is really important because it reduces hospitalisations. The pandemic has put huge strain on hospitals and the vaccine is reducing the amount of hospital beds taken up by those with covid cases.

I personally am not very informed on French statistics, but here in NSW about 90% of our population is vaccinated but 60% of covid cases in hospitals are unvaccinated. Taking up beds in the emergency unit that are needed for other emergencies that existed before the pandemic and did not stop existing when covid started. Most of those people would not be in the hospital if they were vaccinated.

Finally, vaccines usually take 10-15 years to be developed, a vaccine made in less that 3 years is not going to be perfect. It's a starting point that is actively being improved upon.

Finally, vaccines usually take 10-15 years to be developed, a vaccine made in less that 3 years is not going to be perfect. It's a starting point that is actively being improved upon.
Get back to me in 10 to 15 years. I'll consider taking it then

in 2-3 years a new Corona virus appears. and the gouvernment laughs again at us and we have to manage this fucking situation.

Are you suggesting it would be better to do nothing at all than be vaccinated?
Read me again please. As I said, the main variety of the virus we are facing now is the Omicron, which is, as expected for a disease after a few years, is more easily spread but not as severe as its former variants.
Hence, what I suggest and especially since the virus protect from nothing but eventually severe case of Covid is to vaccine only the people who are prone to go to the hospital because of the covid. This would be a way to save time, ressources, money and energy.

Its pointless to complain that the vaccine isn't perfect. It was made in response to a global pandemic, its something over nothing not a be-all and end-all solution.
It's not a complain but an observation. A statement like "it was made against a global pandemic" isn't an argument either or you can justify absolutely any shit job because of a so called emergency.

People are still working on the vaccine, trying to increase its effectiveness. That is why there are booster shots (3rd, 4th, 5th injections), to make it work better.
Most of these are pushed by states rather than science... Just like the vaccine for all we've got so far. For months, we are getting argument to force the vaccine on people that are not health related like "protect yourself", but that are freedom-related, political like "if you want to get your social life back"; "else, you can't do that!", "I really want to piss of non-vaccinated people" (Macron).
The few health-related arguments I've heard in France were : to protect yourself => It doesn't, you can get sick anyway.
To protect others => it absolutely doesn't, you can spread the virus.
To avoid overcharging hospitals => They keep removing bed from hospital during a pandemic nevertheless.

If you want more immunity, booster shots are the solution. Its estimated that with a booster, your immunity against omicron will go from around 40% to 70%.
Immunity against what? compared to what? from how many "boosters"? After how long? For how long? Which population? Do one really need 324 shots to get a protection from a virus that seemingly has few chances to bring you to the hospital to start with?

The pandemic has put huge strain on hospitals and the vaccine is reducing the amount of hospital beds taken up by those with covid cases.
The politics have done worse regarding this in France and there is suddenly less "strain" on the hospital with 500k new cases per day and 17k hospitalizations ina week than with 20k per day and the same amount of hospitalizations few months ago.
Hence, I'd be suspicious of this argument, especially when, aside, a government is enforcing laws that are deprivating people from their fundamental rights.

Most of those people would not be in the hospital if they were vaccinated.
Is everyone equally likely to get hospitalized though? Is a 15years old, fit, sane "normal" person as likely to go to the hospital as a 82 years old grandpa with diabetes?

No, just no.
The delay is significantly shortened because first vaccines that have been released are RNA vaccines, which is MUCH simpler to do than the traditional one due to the fact that you don't have to replicate and play with a virus in order to make it unharmful and to get enough material. Another reason is that the administrative process to make a vaccine or to do anything in biology and medicine is utterly long and expensive. That second reason simply vanished when everyone got into a panical mode while doing absolute crap in the West like fighting an epidemy with a poster in the airports...
However, it is the first time that there is a "vaccine" against a coronavirus, which was known/believed to be impossible to get a vaccine for since... at least 30 years since we've gotten SARS epidemy as well.

It's the coercion to get the vaccine that really annoys me. I think this is similar in all countries at the moment. ​It just has variations.
There's fear mongering. Like reading out statistics on the radio, X number of new cases, hospitalizations and deaths. Don't most of the people who've been listed as covid deaths have some other condition? Did all those people in hospital with covid go to hospital because they had such a severe case of cpvid or did they go in with some other problem and just get diagnosed with covid in there?
You only hear one side of an argument in the media, that the vaccine is good. Anyone who questions this is made out to be stupid or crazy. One label I see used often is "anti-science".
We've all had rights taken from us, but we're told some can be given back to us if we comply with regulations. The "new normal" as it's been called.
There's the social pressure. Some people have embraced all these new rules almost like they've joined a new religion, "The vaccine shall lead us to salvation!".
There are mandates. Even if you haven't seen these yet it's not out of the question that they could happen where you live.
Our governments have all gone a bit power mad and the only way that this ends, is that enough people will say no to them. Consider carefully who you vote for in the future.

I think the point that most people who are against the vaccines are not considering is more cases of Covid that occur increase the chance of it mutating into other variants, some of which might be more deadly.

Being vaccinated reduces people's chances of being infected to the point of being ill and being able to transmit the virus.

Being vaccinated reduces the chances that one will need to be hospitalized if one is infected.

I think the point that most people who are against the vaccines are not considering is more cases of Covid that occur increase the chance of it mutating into other variants, some of which might be more deadly.
Not necessarily as the virus still can be spread by vaccinated people. Futhermore, people using this argument tend to forget how does natural selection/ecolution works. A virus will have more benefits to increase its ability to spread and reproduce, which means to lower its severity in most of the case.
This is how evolved many virus in the past, such as the Spanish flu.

Being vaccinated reduces people's chances of being infected to the point of being ill and being able to transmit the virus.
I've seen nothing about this point despite being shared by politicians all the time... but politicians also said that being vaccinated prevent from spreading the disease at all...

Being vaccinated reduces the chances that one will need to be hospitalized if one is infected.
Like I said in my previous, by how much do you reduce that chance of hospitalization and for which population? In France, 95% of the deaths had comorbidities, and the chance for a person to go to the hospital in 2022 and who's under 50 years old is fairly low... (like 20/100k at best).

Not necessarily as the virus still can be spread by vaccinated people. Futhermore, people using this argument tend to forget how does natural selection/ecolution works. A virus will have more benefits to increase its ability to spread and reproduce, which means to lower its severity in most of the case.
This is how evolved many virus in the past, such as the Spanish flu.

Natural selection is a long term process. It's more about survival of a variant not it's lethality. Although I do agree that in the long run there would likely be less people infected by a more lethal version of Covid, it doesn't prevent one from appearing. If one does appear it would probably only infect fewer people because eventually scientists would figure out more of those infected by are dying and politicians would put more stringent policies in place to prevent it from killing more people.

I've seen nothing about this point despite being shared by politicians all the time... but politicians also said that being vaccinated prevent from spreading the disease at all...

Here's one from a scientific study that politicians probably used to make their statements.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/vaccinated-people-are-less-likely-spread-covid-new-research-finds-n1280583

Like I said in my previous, by how much do you reduce that chance of hospitalization and for which population? In France, 95% of the deaths had comorbidities, and the chance for a person to go to the hospital in 2022 and who's under 50 years old is fairly low... (like 20/100k at best).

All that means is that in those cases the actual cause of death was not considered just to be Covid. I find that completely reasonable. If one dies of a heart attack that can be linked to the symptoms caused by Covid it makes sense to list heart attack and Covid on the death certificate because we need to track what the ultimate failure was that caused a person to die. Here's a good link to the US CDC tracking of Comorbidities.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#Comorbidities

Your response makes it sound like you're willing to write off older people and those with conditions that make them more vulnerable to dying from Covid. If you don't feel that way please explain how your position of being against vaccination doesn't dismiss concern for those populations.

Natural selection is a long term process.
Not if the generations of your "individuals" are very short, which is the case with a virus.

It's more about survival of a variant not it's lethality.
It is indirectly about the lethality for lethality reduce the ability of a virus to spread efficiently. Moreover, some features often appears at the detriment of others. Typically, the ability to spread is often correlated to a less severity, just like with Omicron for instance.

it doesn't prevent one from appearing.
Indeed, but a variant killing its host would have a less important success than a variant that doesn't unless it is combined to a higher ability to spread itself, which is kinda unlikely...

If one does appear it would probably only infect fewer people because eventually scientists would figure out more of those infected by are dying and politicians would put more stringent policies in place to prevent it from killing more people.
That is very optimistic... Science isn't magical, and politicians, well, politicians.

Here's one from a scientific study that politicians probably used to make their statements.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/vaccinated-people-are-less-likely-spread-covid-new-research-finds-n1280583

It is said that a vaccinated person has less chances to spread the disease, which I could admit, yet, reduce the chances to get sick..? Especially with the omicron, I don't see many people who manage to escape it, vaccine or not, and the effects are pretty much the same for both populations from what I've seen at the exception of people with comorbidities...

All that means is that in those cases the actual cause of death was not considered just to be Covid.
If you take them out, then you take out 95% of the death related to covid, which makes it pretty much insignificant... It would be around 115000 death for 86 millions cases during the last month which gives a death rate that is about 0,01% (against 0,26) according to the datas here:
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Your response makes it sound like you're willing to write off older people and those with conditions that make them more vulnerable to dying from Covid. If you don't feel that way please explain how your position of being against vaccination doesn't dismiss concern for those populations.
As I said earlier, my point on vaccination is that it should be provided to those vulnerable persons. They are the ones who have a strong interest in taking a vaccine as the vaccine, if not preventing from spreading or developping the disease is at least preventing severe case (prior to omicron at least).
For the others, since they can spread and catch the covid with or without a vaccine, but that they aren't having a high chance to end up on a bed at the hospital, it shouldn't be much of a problem if they don't take a vaccine. Moreover, it might even be a way to save some money not to spend recklessly on overpriced "medication" given by a company like Pfizer.