What do you think about corona? Politics and governments

Hey, I am just curious. What do you think about corona? How is the situation in your country? And do you think that the measures are necessary?

I think it really push our society to hard times, since the school system at first (because it is the source of the future generation) and also other activities were really damaged by the constriction measures to fight the virus.
Currently in Italy we have like about a thousand new cases a day (referring to the official site), so the situation is getting better and restaurants, gyms, pools, bars and other activities have reopened so we breath some fresh new air again finally!
We still must wear masks in public and the risk is never to be considered low or estinguished, but I hope that the process of vaccination will "fix" the situation. I reckon that yes the measures are necessary because we have already underrated the situation once, and it can't happen again, so with all positive and optimistic expectations it's good to follow what the doctors and scientists say, at least until the majority of the population is vaccinated in order to avoid another healthcare crisis.

But like the meaning of the word CRISIS, I hope that as a nation we will be able to make important decision to face the change that the world put in front of us!

What I think of Corona was that it was a nothing but serious version of the cold and most would of survived it. It actually was stated by our health organization (CDC) that, "[...] if you have the virus between the ages of 0 to 70, you have a 99% survival rate. And if you’re over 70, the survival rate is nearly 95%.". So why are we worrying if you have a high rate of survival? Also I am not scared of the variants, because I think they are weaker than the first virus.

In terms of the situation in the U.S., "lockdown orders" depend on a state by state basis with the economies of lockdown states collapsing. However, in my state everything went back to normal and I am glad it did and we have little to no cases. Interestingly, there are a lot of jobs available but no one wants to work due to welfare. I think we are about to have an economic collapse.

I do not believe the measures are currently necessary for any nation. We should of quarantined the sick and elderly and relied on our immune systems to fight it after we found out about the survival rate. However, governments around the world and in some states continue lockdown in an arbitrary fashion while not considering mental health and physical problems like cancer. It is odd and idiotic that governments are acting in a draconian fashion.

References

https://www.winknews.com/2020/09/23/cdc-shows-covid-19-has-high-survival-rate-doctor-still-wants-to-see-precautions-taken/

What do you guys think? I look forward to your opinions.

What I think of Corona was that it was a nothing but serious version of the cold and most would of survived it. It actually was stated by our health organization (CDC) that, "[...] if you have the virus between the ages of 0 to 70, you have a 99% survival rate. And if you’re over 70, the survival rate is nearly 95%.". So why are we worrying if you have a high rate of survival? Also I am not scared of the variants, because I think they are weaker than the first virus.

In terms of the situation in the U.S., "lockdown orders" depend on a state by state basis with the economies of lockdown states collapsing. However, in my state everything went back to normal and I am glad it did and we have little to no cases. Interestingly, there are a lot of jobs available but no one wants to work due to welfare. I think we are about to have an economic collapse.

I do not believe the measures are currently necessary for any nation. We should of quarantined the sick and elderly and relied on our immune systems to fight it after we found out about the survival rate. However, governments around the world and in some states continue lockdown in an arbitrary fashion while not considering mental health and physical problems like cancer. It is odd and idiotic that governments are acting in a draconian fashion.

References

https://www.winknews.com/2020/09/23/cdc-shows-covid-19-has-high-survival-rate-doctor-still-wants-to-see-precautions-taken/

What do you guys think? I look forward to your opinions.

I agree with you on many points. It's absolutely crazy that we have to were masks in classroom all day, although everyone get tested twice a week and we are keeping the distances. I mean we are having an incidence of under twenty, so why doesn't stop everything? I just can't understand this! When will we ever return to normality?

I am very much sick of this pandemic and the constantly changing measures.
But for the first time in a while things are currently going quite well, and I absolutely hate that the restcritions are lowered now. I should say that I have no idea what exactly is going on, especially in countries that are not Germany. I just know that the numbers of infected people dropped here, and I know that things changed for me in school and in the city nearby.

In the city people dont have to wear masks outside anymore (as if they did before, Ive been there last weekend and half of the people didnt wear a mask in the first place). I mean, its a city. It might be outside, but its still a city where (especially near shops) people get really close, even outside. Because there are many people and not much space. Now, that people think its getting better, there are probably even more people walking around, without masks. If someone (A) of those hundereds of people is infected with Covid, they can spread it. And the person that was infected through A will have no idea they might have Covid now, because A has no idea who those hundereds of people were, that they saw in the city.

About school, every class has started going again, for a while now. Before it were only the graduating classes, now its everybody, at all time. And I dont think its too bad. But I do think that the rules evolved too fast.
At first only half of each class went to school at a time, and the other half would stay at home in distanced schooling. The groups would switch places, so everyone would go to school equally. That went for a few weeks, I dont know exactly how long.
Then everyone went at all time, like I said. Not for the whole school day though, after 1pm every student would go home and maybe have the last subject at home, in case they had a subject left to attend to. That went for maybe a week, or maybe two. Again, I dont know exactly how long.
Now everybody stays in school the whole day. And I really dont think that its necessary, Especially since the summer holidays are starting (this monday already for the first two federal states) and the year is basically already over in many states.
I think we shouldnt be risking everything now, when the grades are probably already made and it doesnt matter anyways. At least, we should have waited a few more weeks until sending more children to school, or sending them to school for the whole day.

Additionally we dont have to keep distance in classrooms anymore. We used to split the classes in two rooms, depending on the size, so that every room only has about 15 people in it, sitting at sperate tables. Now we have everyone in the same room again, sitting shoulder to shoulder. And to be honest, I really dont understand why. It changed like two weeks ago, that means the time to the summer holidays was a month, in the state I live in. We have been seperated into two rooms for at least two months now, and now it had to change, for two and a half weeks until the grades are made? That just sounds totally unnecessary to me.

There are two weeks left for me, until the holidays start. And next week we dont even have to wear the masks outside the building anymore. For two weeks? Why would we take that risk, for only two weeks? I dont know whats going on in other states, that have like a month left, but cant the rules be different and more logical, adapted to the specific places?

I am really sick of this pandemic and the measures, and I really really really dont want that a new wave to start because the government decided to take some risks in schools, for the last 1 to 5 weeks. When things go well, you dont just stop whatever made them go well. Like "Oh look, less people die in car accidents, since we invented seat belts. Lets just stop using seat belts now.", its basically the same. "Oh look, all the measures appear to be working. People are getting vaccinated, things are going well. Lets just stop the measures then." It makes absolutely no sense. And its not the first time that the measures were lightened. And the last few times it got worse afterwards, so how about we just learn from mistakes for once and dont do it again until it really is save?
I mean, are we even sure that the vaccinations are save? Or can people still get sick? We know that people who had Covid and survived it can get sick again, and yet they are treated as if they were immune.

It's absolutely crazy that we have to were masks in classroom all day, although everyone get tested twice a week and we are keeping the distances.
I mean, is it really crazy? I dont know what the problem is, that people have with masks. I wore FFP2 masks the last few months and recently switched to normal medical ones, since I dont use the bus anymore. It literally feels like breathing without a mask. And yes, it is sweaty underneath the mask in summer. But every body part is sweaty in summer, and you will probably not spread Covid if you quickly take the mask off to wipe your mouth and put it back up afterwards.
And like I said, at least why dont even keep the distances anymore.

I just wish we would keep the measures until enough people are vaccinated and things are save for sure. This pandemic will never end if we just keep walking in circles, doing what we did before, hoping it goes better this time. Its not gonna get better this time, and also not next time. And Covid doesnt care what we do. Covid just mutates and lives on.

I think it was a trial run. I think it was an experiment to see if "they" could control society. Yes the virus is real. Yes people died from it. It didn't rise to the level of past pandemics. I had the virus and never had symptoms. My wife was very sick however. But, they had to advertise and shame people into believing that it was serious. If it was as bad as a sever pandemic, no one would have to convince me that it was serious.

I don't think much about the virus itself : it's a virus. I think much more about the way some government dealt with it...

Since it was a new virus with a good potential to spread, cautiousness was a rule because it could have spread and mutate rapidly, so getting strict measures and trying to eradicate the virus was a rational move to make in my opinion, however, we instead got :

- Poster/picture and "virus doesn't know borders" in the early weeks.
- We won't change our lifestyle for a small thing
- Oh shit, it's spreading
- Let's close everything
- Let's open everything back
- We will contradict ourselves every 5 mn saying that mask are useless, then useful, then not so useful, then mandatory. Vaccine can't exist, ah, there is a vaccine, but in fact no, but in fact yes.
- Oh shit, it's coming back
- Close everything back, but let kids at school and people to work in confined space with clear measures
- Add some beds because we're in deep shit because we destroyed our health system.
- Removes them immediately because "lol"
- Give all our mask to China because they need it
- Get no mask because we don't produce them but pretends we have them
- Encourage local to produuce masks
* local produce mask*
- Buy chinese masks instead
- Use the mess to pass any crappy laws, reduces the freedom, removes any form of protestation, mute the protesters/opponent
- Push the shit to a debate about a mandatory vaccine/vaccinal passport
and the list can go much longer and in more detals.

Some of our governments seems to be filled with huge retards (le us call a spade a spade) that later saw an opportunity to push their crap against the people by using the covid as a tool.

Before it were only the graduating classes, now its everybody, at all time. [...]
Additionally we dont have to keep distance in classrooms anymore. We used to split the classes in two rooms, depending on the size, so that every room only has about 15 people in it, sitting at sperate tables.
Funny enough, it was the opposite where I live:
Highschools and lower classes were all opened and the universities were closed. As for the face to face course at the university, I saw a room totally filled more than once, and being continuously used. The rules were to get fill a room at 50% max of its capacity I think, and to not get another group of students to go in a used room for a while after (+cleaning that was mostly skipped).

It’s real, it’s here for the long term, and people should take it more seriously, especially our government. Wear a mask, get the vaccination and don’t listen to or spread conspiracy theories, it only causes ignorance and does nothing positive. I’ve been at home shielding for over a year as I have a chronic illness (and would probably die if I got it) and I’m tired of people not following the rules as it only makes things drag on longer. Some people are selfish by not following the rules and won’t believe and understand things until it affects them in a personal way. Some people’s denial is brought about by fear, but knowledge is power and can overcome the fear. The proof is in the science, it’s easy to read the facts and educate yourself about it, rather than live in fear and ignorance. Thankfully most people are able to acknowledge their own responsibilities regarding this pandemic and are not swayed by the minority of people who deny it all. The health care professionals in the UK are wonderful and brave. The UK government are idiots. That’s my opinion and it won’t change as I’ve read the facts.

I think it's a punishment from nature to people.Because people destroyed nature.Nature was patient and finally punished people.See all animals live freely.If people thought this earth was made for all beings not just human beings This situation could have changed.So that's my opinion.The situation in our country these days is little bit good.This is a dangerous virus. People should be more careful.I really wish that the virus would be gone soon from whole world.Stay safe you all!

And isn´t even the first virus, malaria, HIV and many more where there before. Nature always trys to balance the numbers of animals and there is no difference to humans. We have to many humans on this world at the moment and nature will try to reduce them.
It is not about controlling the people but to protect them from it, it may be that quit the few people survive, but what about possible long term damage to the lungs or other organs? Better to wear a mask and hold some distance to protect ourselves instead of having to be long term on oxygen and not being able to work because it is to much.
And frankly i hope the people will continue to hold some distance, I don´t need people to breath down the back of my shirt, for what i care they can still keep like 1m distance from me.

Well, maybe that is your opinion. But people are different and there are people who killed themselfes, because they have been lonely for a to long time. And the reason for that is that the politicians have locked everyone in their home because of corona. They took our civil rights because of that virus.

Well, maybe that is your opinion. But people are different and there are people who killed themselfes, because they have been lonely for a to long time. And the reason for that is that the politicians have locked everyone in their home because of corona. They took our civil rights because of that virus.

How are we locked at home? You can still go outside and you can still meet people, at least where I live.

How are we locked at home? You can still go outside and you can still meet people, at least where I live.

It is tragic that people killed themselves or have mental illness now because of the lockdown, and i do see enough of the consequences at work, but still if you look at it and look at the past you see that it is something that repeats itself with different viruses, just that corona hat the worst impact on mental heatlh for many people in germany, i don´t mean that it was something good.
i just hope that somethings like keeping some distance to others will still be hold after we go back to "normality"
Yes the took some of our rights, but it was necessery to keep people safe, and not just from death in a short amount of time but also long term damage.

after every 100 years virus come to world with no trace, there are no point of blaming each other, nature responsible for it, it's a death penalty

I'm seeing some real long answers here, but since I cant Express my sadness in words, he's what I want to say:

IT IS THE WORST THING EVER. Due to some crazy scientists I have to spend like every day, every month inside my 4 wall house. I need to do online schooling, which is a pain. I cant meet any friends or do any new activities. I cant go our of my house or have any fun. All I have now are my parents, my lil bro, toys, TV, electronics. Online schooling has developed -2 power in both my eyes. I miss my school, my friends, my freedom and most importantly my LIFE in the pre covid times. We humans are suffering for what we did. We caged animals, so now god has caged us. Please people get vaccinated at soon as possible and be safe. Many childhoods (including mine) have just ended due to one simple cause: CORONA

i am no-vax and i am still alive

here we have the greenpass,people dont vaccinated can't enter in the place.I don't agree with this,so i am no-vax and no-green pass

here we have the greenpass,people dont vaccinated can't enter in the place.I don't agree with this,so i am no-vax and no-green pass
Hi, I think you are doing the right thing! It is horrible to force people to get vaccinated by taking away their freedom.