Improvements News and updates

Hey everybody,

I'm glad to inform you that a few improvements have been performed ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. Here they are:

- pictures dimensions x2;
- search engine speed x6;
- [url=http://www.penpal-gate.net/translator.php]enhanced online translator[/url];
- better anti-spam system than ever;
- various fixes and minor improvements.

Also, I wanted to thank you all for your loyalty. And especially those particular members who have been interacting with Penpal-Gate since its very beginning, 15 months ago. This is a sure sign that we have been capable of reaching our goal, which was to provide you people a valuable pen-pal site ๐Ÿ™‚

Some upcoming updates are to be expected in few weeks. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thank you people, and keep spreading the word about Penpal-Gate!

well thank you

Thanks for everything you have done Penpal-Gate! May I suggest the ability to add or embed a video to your profile page? That would be great! Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

i suggest to be able to add at least 3 songs on your profile

May I suggest the ability to add or embed a video to your profile page? That would be great! Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
A video wouldn't fit in the current template, but if the template of the profile pages is upgraded (which is a lot of work) then it may be part of the updates.

i suggest to be able to add at least 3 songs on your profile
Only 5% of members use the mp3 feature so it wouldn't be worth it ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you guys for your suggestions though

could you implement a feature on the chat to ignore a specific user ? ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for all the improvements and thoughts! One thing that might be an idea for the future.. chatrooms specifically for other languages besides english. like an english chatroom, a spanish chatroom, french, etc. etc. so people can go into a chatroom of a language they wish to practice ๐Ÿ™‚

It won't be possible, however I might implement a feature so that members in the chat can vote and kick a member from the room.

One thing that might be an idea for the future.. chatrooms specifically for other languages besides english. like an english chatroom, a spanish chatroom, french, etc. etc. so people can go into a chatroom of a language they wish to practice ๐Ÿ™‚
Yup, this might be done in the future (I don't know when the next upgrade will be performed though, maybe in 2-3 months since I'm extra busy for now) but yes it's a good suggestion

It won't be possible, however I might implement a feature so that members in the chat can vote and kick a member from the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes but ...you know , if let's say there are 5 guys from a country and 2 from another one they have high chances of getting kicked ๐Ÿ™‚

Edit by Remus .

i have a small list:

-is it possible to add a "login" button on the front page so that when i access the site from my mobile phone , i could login without logging into the forums first.

-on the profile page , at the bottom we have "previous" and "next" profile. is it possible to add them a little up , so it won't be necessary to scroll down through the whole profile and description...

-i thought about adding in each guy's profile the number of current "profile views" and maybe the last 5 guys who visited him...

-to create a hyperlink so that when you click the Flag (profile page) to send you to a list with last logins from that country , exactly like search function does.

-on the home page , to have a list with all the online users just like in the forums.

that's all for now , i'm waiting for an answer ๐Ÿ™‚

Edit by Remus .

yes but ...you know , if let's say there are 5 guys from a country and 2 from another one they have high chances of getting kicked ๐Ÿ™‚
I mean kicked over abuse

-is it possible to add a "login" button on the front page so that when i access the site from my mobile phone , i could login without logging into the forums first.
No it's not, however you can tick the checkbox in the "my account" page so that everytime you access the site you're logged in automatically. But when you sign in from a desktop or a laptop you'll be already signed in as well.

-on the profile page , at the bottom we have "previous" and "next" profile. is it possible to add them a little up , so it won't be necessary to scroll down through the whole profile and description...
They're useless for users, the only reason these links exist is for search engines to crawl all pages of the site ๐Ÿ˜‰

-i thought about adding in each guy's profile the number of current "profile views" and maybe the last 5 guys who visited him...
Well there's a debate where some members want to know who visited their profile, and others who don't want this piece of information to be displayed because they think it would be awkward and everyone would feel spied on so it wouldn't be so productive. I guess I'm part of the 2nd category ๐Ÿ™‚
The number of views could be displayed though, yes.

-to create a hyperlink so that when you click the Flag (profile page) to send you to a list with last logins from that country , exactly like search function does.
I don't think it's necessary, plus I wanted to embed Google Maps already in that area.

-on the home page , to have a list with all the online users just like in the forums.
Hmm no room in homepage for that

Thanks for your suggestions

ok , thanks for your answers.

anyway , Vedlen for President ! 001_smile

Edit by Remus .

suggestion. how bout a Privet Message Button, so we could share our emails with eachother, i know my email filering systems block the emails sent by penpal gate,

suggestion. how bout a Privet Message Button, so we could share our emails with eachother, i know my email filering systems block the emails sent by penpal gate,
Yuo can just send your email to that person, which results in the exact same thing

but you see, the email is sent from penpal-gate.net witch if your like me, is either blocked be your spam, u never look at it, can only send 4 a day, or registered using your spam email box

Most of the time it's not flagged as spam though. That's why when you sign up you are advised to add the notification email to your address book.

Thank you

..ok fine