🎼 ..... The Grand Piano ..... 🎼 Anything and everything

The Grand Piano

It's been a few years. However, I remember the experience as if it was only yesterday. It was
the time when I started to just travel around the world. Wherever I liked, I stopped for a few
days to dive in the sea, to listen to the existing rhythm of the region or even to get to know a
person just a bit. It was the time when I began to discover myself and to uncover areas that
until then had been waiting to be discovered under a heavy blanket of fear. I lived those days
like an adventurer.

Although I preferred to go far away with my GT – the interior was then my safe place .... my refuge –
from time to time I was also drawn to destinations that could only be reached by boat or plane. My
first flight was a long-haul flight to the Philippines. After I had 'survived' that, the big planes became
my friends ... not least because I love the attention of the stewardesses.

One of my middle long-distance destinations is in the south of Turkey ... a small place called Kaş.
In ancient times, Antiphellos was found here. The place displays this past with an unashamed grace
and among the inhabitants it is never quite clear whether Greek or Turkish blood predominates. I
love this place. The fact that the nearest airports are in Antalia and Dalaman makes this place
unattractive for package holidaymakers ... who are reluctant to make the long transfer. Thus, a
paradise for a special kind of people has developed there and, as in every 'hot' country, the 'real' life
in Kaş only begins when the sun has already sunk into the deep blue of the sea for a few hours.

There is a large square in the centre of Kaş. It is bordered on the south side by the harbour and
the open sea. Traditionally, this is where the restaurants and cafés are to be found, and once a
bank holiday is indicated, it becomes the People's Festival Square. In the side streets – almost all
of which lead to the sea – there are a few music cafés. In these, live performances can be heard
again and again, and as a rule, they are performed between door and door. So the visitors sit both
inside and outside the café. Kaş loves blues and light rock ... the music of the 70s. A paradise for
those who started their future in the 'Love & Peace-Era'. It also makes the usual H.E.A.D.
(high-end-audio-device) completely superfluous. Kaş. vibrates at night and even women with
blonde hair can frequent this place alone without the risk of being 'stupidly' hit on. I spent many
terrific hours there and got to meet some very special people.

In the streets at night hangs the heavy scent of jasmine and the beguiling fragrance of angel trumpets.
After a few days you simply forget your everyday life. For me, 'dreaming-while-awake' begins in such
moments and I like to follow it. It is what we preferred to do as children and too often forget to do as
adults. Floating around in the sea during the day and listening to live music at night, bathing in oriental
scents ... it's paradise, pure and simple.

_________________________________ "Live is but a dream within a dream " __________________________________

Not from me, but true nonetheless. Edgar Allen Poe wrote it. On one such night, closer to dreams
than everyday life, I met a very special person ... although this was not in Kaş. I had met the lady
during a walk on the beach and heard her play in a live concert. She has the beautiful name Akari
... which means 'brightness' or 'light'. Akari is the daughter of an American father and a Japanese
mother. She is a pianist, also writes her own compositions ... loves jazz and blues.

That evening there was a grand piano right in front of the adjoining garden. The doors were open
and so the interior and the garden merged into one. I had once again thundered through Europe
like a man possessed, had visited the southern tips 'Gibraltar' and and left 'Sagre' behind me. Still
before Lisbon, I met Akari, who invited me to her performance later in the night....

"And very many remain forever clinging to this cliff, cling painfully all their
lives to the irretrievably past, to the dream of the lost paradise, which is
the worst and most murderous of all dreams. "

✨__________________________________________________Hermann Hesse

"But how, when we make our most beautiful dreams, our life?! I find it amazing that we can have
all our moments – every single one – in absolute abundance. To perceive time as a linear process
is a dilemma. In this we experience the ups and downs of life .... must wait for the tide and linger
in the ebb. How if we anchor our perception in the infinite? "

That evening I sat in the garden outside the café and listened to the melancholy, yearning playing
of a great artist. And even though many things may have already taken on a life of their own and
changed in memory ... one thing has remained. The intensity with which I was able to perceive the
interplay between acoustics and visual impression.

The lighting was reduced to a minimum. There was a spotlight directed at Akari. The black lacquer
of the grand piano was hit by a Ferrari-red laser, as if the upper frame edge of the flap, which
protects the keys when not in use, had been painted red. Akari wore a black, velvet dress with long
thin straps. Her shoulders, back and arms revealed fine-pored, fair skin. Her rather petite figure
and fine limbs gave a transcendental impression. Akari's long and silky black hair and the lines of
her eyebrows gave an exceedingly coherent image. This was only – and deliberately – wonderfully
and expressively 'disturbed' by a lipstick that was also Ferrari red. If I had not long since been
trained in discretion ... the outcry of overflowing happiness would have drowned out the play of
the notes presented.

Although the concert was not overly long, I could hardly wait for it to end. I was looking forward
to seeing Akari by my side again and showering her with my enthusiasm. There was not the
slightest doubt in my mind that this was exactly what would happen. Unlimited eccentricity.

In the trees in the garden, the cicadas or crickets were singing their songs. There was a smell of
grilled fish, meat and rosemary in the air. The wind brought alternating hot air and somewhat
refreshing breezes. It seemed to come from all directions. Only when Akari rose from the piano
did I see that there was a transparent bowl with water and open caper flowers ... filigree beauty
wherever my eyes looked.

I waited patiently – in dynamic anticipation – but Akari left me to my longing. I was about to get
up and leave when she finally came over to me on the café. I felt my heart beat in my throat and
joy rise in my spine. I stood up and offered her a seat next to me. Under the gaze of her audience,
Akari took a seat as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

"I don't usually go among the audience after a performance, michael .... but that was
impossible today. You were beaming so much, I just had to come!"
"I don't normally go to concerts either, Akari but after we met on the beach I couldn't help
it and just had to come. And ... what you saw was just a reflection of what you accomplished,
Akari. It was a breath-taking play to the senses!"

We spent the rest of the evening and part of the night still in the cafe. Due to the fact that Akari
had made her performance, we were given a bonus ... but eventually we had to leave too. In
other words ... we were kindly kicked out the door. We would no doubt have 'gone through' and
then had breakfast together .... well, it turned out differently. The story has a second part – but I
don't know yet if I will write it here.

Love & Light
michael

Edit by Lir_Elhan .

Dear Michael,

After reading this essay over and over again, I bath in the atmosphere of being in love. My senses highly erased...peaceful, soft, also under tension... definitly intense.

With this feeling my attention goes to the word of Hermann Hesse: "clinging to this cliff". I can see the deep lines of pain and suffering in the faces and cramped fingers desperatly holding on.

But I am still full of the pictures you created inside of me, the abundance of beauty, the delicate perception. You give me the choice to hold on or use this presented perception.
The essay is of such tenderness, that there is a great opportunity to "accidently" transcend. It´s beguiling and of unashamed grace. You take me with you on a journey to discover uncovered areas.

If you would be a male bird of paradise the attracted female bird would be very pleased. It´s very attractive not to be desperat. You leave so much space for fantasy.

Thank you very much
christine

Beautiful through and through, long live the music of the 70s.
As I told you, your way of writing truly sucks one in, inside the words you choose.
I could envision the place clearly in my head, no need to look it up,
Thank you for this

Beautiful through and through...

Il piacere e il ringraziamento sono tutti miei, Madaiena... 🙂

Edit by Lir_Elhan .

"...probably it is impossible to express one's feelings always 'perfectly' to the point.
Perhaps that is why we love ART so much? Artists are simply more often able to
depict even fateful and traumatic events with such beauty that one simply cannot
escape the content of the experience. Isn't that the way to digest an event anyway?

I am an artist and often driven by the flood of information and sensations flowing
at me from my environment. It often feels like I'm suspended in an ocean and any
moment could be my last. I wonder, in the morning, when my body awakens from
its nocturnal rigidity to new life, that I still reside in it and we face the day together.

For me, a cup of tea is like fireworks and a hug is like a Mega-Tsunami. How it is even
possible to race a mountain bike down a slope, while listening to music from a tube
amp and not get stuck on a ledge or a tree root is almost a mystery to me. I simply
don't know any other solution than to paint a picture or write a text.

Of course, I can't just write. I simply have to make sure that there is an order even
in the outer expression and that the individual paragraphs follow an order. It is not
fear that haunts me. It is love and gratitude for my existence that guides me. And
when I hear a soul mate like Lianne La Havas...

___________________ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CZNY52Jf60 ___________________

I love life so much, – it has simply become impossible for me to dis-regard the space
in which my body resides or the morphogenetic field in which the mind pulls out the
'registers'. I keep my head above water with the possibility that ART gives me. Without
it – without ART – I would not survive the day. Artists have simple no choice... "

Edit by Lir_Elhan .

"Good idea ... thank You:

Gone (Lyrics by: Lianne La Havas)

[Verse 1]

When I waited for you, there was no show
Made myself believe the untrue
How could I not know?
I bet it seemed easier just to lie
But I found you out
This is my last goodbye
I heard enough fairytales back in my youth
So just stop biting your nails and take the painful truth
You just look ridiculous in disguise
Yes, I found you out
This is my last goodbye

[Chorus]

'Cause you used to be my life and soul
Keeping everything in tune
What the heck, man?
Last time I checked, man, we had it all
It was just me and you
So, what happened to you?
Thought I knew you, no more chances
I'm gone, gone, gone...

[Verse 2]

Love is not blind
It's just deaf and it is dumb
So, how could I fool myself thinking you were the one?
How sad, how undignified
Now I found you out
This is my last goodbye

[Chorus]

What the heck, man?
It was just me and you
I'm gone, gone, gone
You might also like
Tease Me
Lianne La Havas
Everything Everything
Lianne La Havas
Warm Foothills
​​

[Bridge]

Don't wait for me, I'll be gone
'Cause when I waited for you, there was no show
Made myself believe the untrue
How could I not know?

[Chorus]

What the heck, man?
It was just me and you
I'm gone, gone, gone...

The Grand Piano

It's been a few years. However, I remember the experience...

Hallo Michael, reading your text is giving me an idea of what ' live your life intensively and be present in every single second`can mean. I felt deeply touched, by reading this text - feeling a kind of bliss coming up.

Monika

Edit by The_Owl .

Big City Nightlife

Big City – somewhere in the world. The light of the sun had already gone. Still
exhilarated by the events of the day, I watch the slender buildings rising into
the sky ... they held me 'spellbound'. Usually I avoid big cities, but...

__________________but that evening I experienced the exception.

The rain had subsided. The dark, wet asphalt reflected the colourful world of
neon signs. Sitting on a bench, I let the hustle and bustle pass me by. Artificial
light yes ... but without any feel of 'technical character'. More like a flood of
calmly dancing photons.

Still restless and wound up from the day's events, I sit on a bench. In front of
me is a large square with orderly structures and clear lines. Following it, a tall
building. It is late and only on the top two floors there seems to be activity.

Reflections of light are mirrored on the façade and some window glasses.
There is a bank branch in the building. The floors can be reached by a lift.
The lift is installed outside – i.e. on the façade. Everything appears only dimly,
in the darkness surrounding me.

The architect has done a good job and I feel my heart beating a little faster.
The sight is simply a joy and I experience myself or my judgement on the
test bench. The hustle and bustle of the city does not touch me. The tension
of the day escapes my shoulders.

I felt as if the architect had created the construction of the building and
the forecourt all for me. Eccentricity in its purest form or innocent sensi-
bility? Perhaps both are sometimes one and the same?

Memories rise up. In earlier years, I had moved to the cities more often. I
hunted the variety of expressions on people's faces. Captured special
situations with my camera – felt safe and secure – enjoyed the state
of looking at the world through my telephoto lens.

Then, suddenly, the spotlights in the lift car turned on. At the same moment,
the cabin started moving. Gently but with increasing velocity, it moved to the
upper floors. Like a child, I had to surrender – to my amazement.

The situation, especially with the lift car moving upwards, reminded me
of a science fiction movie. It wasn't like 'beaming', but it reminded me of
it and maybe the architect was inspired by a similar vision. Sometimes we
have to realise our desires in smaller steps...

It was as if I could perceive the fine whirring of the motors that moved the
cabin. Following my eccentricity, I became more certain ... all this had been
created just for me! Not the building, of course, but the situation in which I
found myself. I heard my heart beating happily – time and space trancended.

After the lift car reached the upper floors, the doors opened. Just a few
moments later, two colours – Red & Blue – appeared under the spotlights.
They had been carried into the scene by two beautifully dressed ladies.
Another moment later cabin & colours moved towards the paterre.

Of course, I wondered why all this had such a strong effect on me. The
night, the building and its architecture alone could not ultimately be
responsible. Perhaps the most striking thing was my sense of being quite
small. More than that, ... not to be physical at all. The experience resembled
one I had experienced in meditation. Only ... I kept my eyes open and
didn't use a mantra.

Today I understand this experience better. In those days, my 'Higher Self'
began to take over. Meditation is a practice. The meditator trains his
nervous system to transcend. However, one can transcend in ANY situation
and not just while sitting or repeating a mantra.

I unconsciously assumed that meditating was 'better' than watching lifts
and beautiful ladies at night. What a mistake I had made! But of course
it would have been a bigger mistake to assume that wandering around
at night, watching lifts and beautiful ladies alone, gives life a meaning.
But in the quintessence, life has no meaning – it is simply a dance and
resembles the movement of a lift car. And of course, with two beautiful
ladies as passengers, the movement is crowned with a cherry on top...

Love & Light
michael

Edit by Lir_Elhan .

The Grand Piano

...we spent the rest of the evening and part of the night still in the cafe...

In the just perceptible nuances that the Akiras playing of the Grand Piano
allowed me/us to enjoy, my decades-old longing was fulfilled ... the
longing of my soul to surrender to the most of fragile touch.

After the performance Akari said:

"The day you play your song, the song you have played over and over
again, as if it is the last time – the last thing you do here on earth
you will finally hear your own soul applauding... "

Edit by Lir_Elhan .