Career|Is it late to switch to other career path at 30 or so? Anything and everything

As the title implies.

I don‘t think so! Next I will be 48 and I plan to change my working life completely

It depends on where you live. It is a lot easier in some countries due to their better working conditions as well as opportunities. Therefore, someone could plan of leaving their current job in order to begin a new path without being afraid of not finding anything because of his adult age.
Needless to say it depends on your job as well.

I think 30 isn't that old. From what I've heard a lot of people don't even work properly until their late 20s. Depending on what kind of qualifications you need for that new job, you should maybe see if it's financially possible to pay for university or something.

First of all, 30 is not that old so you have enough time. It depends on the new path and the opportunities you have to achieve that new life. But I believe that if you focus your efforts on that, you could switch. I have heard of both endings, good ones, and bad ones so I think that it depends on many things. Buut, in the end, it's possible and you should not stay in a career that you want to quit that much but it's never an easy decision.

If You are not going to become proffesional soccer player at 30, I don't think it could be a problem in another case.

Im 26, almost 27, and Im starting psychology studies this autumn.

I think... Well, it would be totally unfair and evil, if we would be limited like this, by age. Of course in some cases - that's understandable. In sport, You have to start practice it very early if You want to achieve something.

But people grows up in different time, in different environment, with different problems and circumstances.

This is not true that the one should know what he wants to do in the future, when he is in highschool. It's very dangerous thought. The person needs to experience some things, get some insight, viewpoints, understand something, before get the readiness to take decision about future.

Fortunatelly it's not the medieval, when people at 30 were old, without teeths, and time was coming for them (in black and with scythe). Just few weeks ago, in the city near me, a women died at the age of... 116!

We have a huge amount of time! Especially if we care about ourselves. Of course it doesn't mean that we should be losing this time for unworthy things.

What my point is... To start achieving first levels of awareness about our potential and desires, we need some time. And 17 or even 24 years old isn't the most accurate time to known that, I think. Sometimes it's 18 of course, but sometimes it's 30, sometimes its 40, sometimes it's 60.

Just plan your future well and take right steps to pursue that. There is a lot of time before You.

Ps. I know, I know. In every minute asteroid could hit You, and it will be end, but... We shouldnt think about things we cant predict, and we should'nt stick to such extremal... Thinking. It would be paranoical.

Okay, sorry for definitely too long message.

I've never started my life and I'm old. I know in CHina a lot of people I knew knew others who were getting married and working in their early twenties. In that culture, they think, the sooner, the better as there's always pressure from parents to get a better foothold into the elite society with the governmental jobs. The family always is very pressuring for number one status.

I think Americans are not so important in the world manufacturing theater now and has cooled much to the importance of work, so we are becoming more a people of takers.

Edit by DanielWeathers .

Just change your career whenever you get the opportunity. In some career paths they demand people with experience, so it's easier to change when you're not a teenager anymore and know what you wanna do in your life.

As the title implies.
No, and if you were here, you'd see people in their 30's at university. It's a pretty common things unless they are lost among a load of people who just left highschool. Where I am at the moment, there are a majority of people in their early 20's, but I see people who are 25, 26, 30, 31... even someone who seems to be like 50-60 is on the campus (and we barely are 200).