Like in real life... Everyday life and customs

Like in real life

The opportunity offered here - to find a pen pal - undoubtedly goes through various phases. And although it seems a little easier at first, the path turns out to be one, with perhaps even unexpected hurdles.

We humans have been communicating for thousands of years but only a few years virtually. It is almost impossible to process the stream of data that flows through our system today.

Here in the network, crucial signals are also missing. When we meet on the street, we see each other's faces, postures, facial expressions, and so on. Without these signals, it is difficult to get a picture of the 'other person', who is ultimately sitting somewhere in the world at a computer and expressing his or her wish.

However, I believe that with time the 'wheat is separated from the chaff'. People who want to write letters to each other will find each other.

Patience is a precious gift
A smooth flight into the year 2023

🙂

Thank You
michael

I don't find difficult to make friends here. You're here only for a bit more than a week but I'm here for a long time and I found my first friend a fortnight after. Since then, I met lots of people. Maybe virtually, but nowadays, virtual world is also real life. You should talk about material life, which is more true. For me, a person is real when I hear her/his voice.
But I don't know. Maybe the fact of not being able to see makes me feel differently.

You are absolutely right and I thank you for all the good advice. We are rather on the same level in this respect.
I don't write my little essays because I'm unhappy. I process them so that someone who wishes to can 'hear' (reead) them.
And ... of course it makes me happy that you tell me how you perceive it ... especially because your perception naturally
illuminates quite different aspects.

So ... many thanks