middle School
high school
What about you in your language?

Hi I'm my language it is Pre-school
Junior school
High school

In

It's somewhat different in different areas of our country but it's generally:

Pre-school (usually for kids who have two parents who work)
Primary school (with Kindergarten being the first year of primary school)
Middle school (starting in sixth or seventh grade depending on your area and usually ending at eighth grade)
High school - (ninth through twelfth grades)

Here in the US it is very expensive for most people to continue school beyond high school. When I was growing up it was very reasonable and junior college was almost free. However when they passed proposition 13 in California it cut property taxes drastically which had generally funded both junior colleges and state universities. As a result the cost for them increased dramatically so that it's difficult for people who do not come from affluent families to afford college. Those that do are often burdened with high student loan balances at the end of their schooling.

Thx both of you

Hi
I am from Belgium and we have:
-'kleuterschool' this is for kids from 2,5 years old to 5 years old, but you are not obligated to go full time. It is possible to stay a day at home when you are to tired or something like that.
- 'basisschool' or 'lagere school' both names are commonly used. this is for kids from 6 to 12 years old
- 'middelbaar' or 'secundair onderwijs'. Again you can choose with word you use. For kids from 13 to 18 years old
This stages are obligated, but when you want to go further, you have:
- 'hoge school' and 'universiteit'. At 'hogeschool' you study 3 years and after that you receive a professional bachelor, at University you study 5 years and you receive a master degree.

this is the school system in Belium very shortly. In the stage of 'secundair onderwijs' there are a lot of possibitys and a lot of different levels, but those are frequently hard to understand for someone who doesnt know the system.

Thx

Hello~

In Perth we have:
Kindergarten
Pre-Primary
Primary school (Years 1 to 6)
High school (Years 7 to 12)

But in private schools you also have a hierarchy in that High school is split up into:
Lower secondary (Year 7)
Secondary (Years 8 to 10)
High school or Upper secondary (Years 11 to 12)

Year 12 is the biggest one though and are seen as the "golden kids" of the school, if you like :/

You can then carry onto University if you like or what we call TAFE which you can also do in Years 11 and 12 - which I am doing. These are more of your practical jobs - mechanics, construction, beauty, fashion etc. TAFE can also give you the qualifications to enter Uni if you didn't get in from ATAR 🙂

Here in England we have

Nursery(6 months - 3/4)
Primary school (4years - 11years)
High school (11 years - 16 years)

here in China:
kindergarten(幼儿园):3,2 or 1 years
primary school(小学): 6 years
junior high school(初中): 3 years
senior high school(高中):3 years
university(大学):undergraduate(本科):4-6 years; graduate(研究生):2 or 3 years; doctor:3 years
Here in the city which I live in, students are not required to attend kindergarten, senior high school and university. But as far as I know, some other cities require students to attend senior high school.

Edit by LilyPeng6 .

In the Florida we have pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, elementary, middle school, highschool, and then university/college

I'm Germany we have

Kindergarten
Ememantary school (depending on where you live either until your 10 or 12)
"High School" (depending on what graduation you want either until your 16, 17 or 18 I think)

here in China:
kindergarten(幼儿园):3,2 or 1 years
primary school(小学): 6 years
junior high school(初中): 3 years
senior high school(高中):3 years
university(大学):undergraduate(本科):3 years; graduate(研究生):2 or 3 years; doctor:3 years
Here in the city which I live in, students are not required to attend kindergarten, senior high school and university. But as far as I know, some other cities require students to attend senior high school.
I like the fact you used the words in your language

Here in England we have;
Kindergarten/Nursery- 2 years (2-4 year olds)
Reception- 1 year (4-5 year olds)
Primary school- 6 years (5-11 year olds)
Secondary school- 4 years (12-16 year olds)
Sixth form/college- 1 or 2 years (17-18)
University (18 - ?)

For Nursery, infants can join earlier than 4 years, hence why I said 2 years.

Oh, and I was asking that but in France we have: la crèche, la maternelle, la primaire, le collège et le lycée

In my country we have:

* Kindergarten- Kinder 1 and Kinder 2 (for those who are already aged 5 years old)
* Elementary school- grades 1-6
* Junior high school- grades 7-10
* Senior high school- grades 11-12 (this is newly implemented and I belong to the pioneering batch that is why I'm still in University right now when I should've been working already)
*College/University/Tertiary education- 1st year to 4th year
*Vocational courses- usually 2 years, this is for those who don't want a bachelors degree.
*We also have Alternative Learning System (ALS) which I'm not really that knowledgeable of, but I've noticed that those who are taking these are those who are of an already bit of an advanced age to enroll for elementary school. Actually after this, they can then enroll to tertiary education.

In Germany, you have
Kindergarten from the age of 3,
primary school for four years (from the age of 5 or 6),
And then either "Mittelschule" until year 10(?)
or
"Realschule" until year 10
or
grammar school/ "Gymnasium" for now 9 years, so until year 13
And then of course university or FOS or BOS and lots of other possibilities to continue studying.