The sky of France Politics and governments

Clouds or sun?

Baguette

very bitter bread, uncertain future

Stormy πŸ˜ƒ

Stormy πŸ˜ƒ
storm today. Tomorrow?

Today clouds over Versailles but the fate of France will be decided in ParisπŸ€”

storm today. Tomorrow?
Tomorrow as well - especially tomorrow. Western countries are more and more polarized politically, France is no exception. I hope I'm wrong but this evolution may lead to dark times :/

Edited by Etienne .

Tomorrow as well - especially tomorrow. Western countries are and more polarized politically, France is no exception. I hope I'm wrong but this evolution may lead to dark times :/
How will they make a government? There is a risk of chaos. A weak government. A weak France with a weak president. A European Union increasingly distant from European citizens. Marine LP's victory could have been even worse but is the French left capable of governing and governing well?

How will they make a government? There is a risk of chaos. A weak government. A weak France with a weak president. A European Union increasingly distant from European citizens. Marine LP's victory could have been even worse but is the French left capable of governing and governing well?
Making a government is somewhat optional, Belgium had no government for 2 years not too long ago and the ship kept cruising. Of course it isn't ideal, but it definitely isn't vital. It's temporary.

The Left probably won't be able to pass much at all because many of their proposed changes are preposterous. Honestly I'm a bit shocked that hey got that many seats, I think most people are completely clueless about what they voted for. On the other hand, I personally don't support a pretty significant portion of the NR programme, but compared to NFP it was objectively much more reasonable. Politics have turned into a full on psychological warfare at this point. Very weird times

Making a government is somewhat optional, Belgium had no government for 2 years not too long ago and the ship kept cruising. Of course it isn't ideal, but it definitely isn't vital. It's temporary.

The Left probably won't be able to pass much at all because many of their proposed changes are preposterous. Honestly I'm a bit shocked that hey got that many seats, I think most people are completely clueless about what they voted for. On the other hand, I personally don't support a pretty significant portion of the NR programme, but compared to NFP it was objectively much more reasonable. Politics have turned into a full on psychological warfare at this point. Very weird times

I remember an Italian government made up of more than twenty parties, even very small ones. A terrifying thing. I no longer recognize myself in any of the parties that exist in Italy. Everyone scares me. France is not a small country like Belgium. France needs a government. However, a government made up of very different parties (with very different ideas) is weak and unstable and does not last long.

I remember an Italian government made up of more than twenty parties, even very small ones. A terrifying thing. I no longer recognize myself in any of the parties that exist in Italy. Everyone scares me. France is not a small country like Belgium. France needs a government. However, a government made up of very different parties (with very different ideas) is weak and unstable and does not last long.
Well in France or Italy at least we have a variety of parties, there is always one that is closer to your values that is worth fighting with. In many countries there are only 2 or even just 1 party. πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«οΈ
When people say "I don't feel represented by any of the 461128780 parties available" I just want to say stop being a snob. πŸ˜›

Sometimes I wonder if splitting areas into different political systems wouldn't be the answer: you just move wherever you belong. I know it's a naive solution, but oh well.

Etienne and Pennarossa there is also a different solution. So we had a class in my school about the new Dutch cabinet and everybody must make together parties that you would vote for. And we had only one class to make political agreement about 5 important topics, but you must have majority. We did that in one class and not like in weeks or months!!

So maybe if adults only fight about it and they dont make the agreement, we can do that easier and maybe better. πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

Well in France or Italy at least we have a variety of parties, there is always one that is closer to your values that is worth fighting with. In many countries there are only 2 or even just 1 party. πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«οΈ
When people say "I don't feel represented by any of the 461128780 parties available" I just want to say stop being a snob. πŸ˜›

Sometimes I wonder if splitting areas into different political systems wouldn't be the answer: you just move wherever you belong. I know it's a naive solution, but oh well.

So I'm a snob! πŸ™„πŸ˜…. I wouldn't like just one party but I don't see anyone I like πŸ˜”.

Etienne and Pennarossa there is also a different solution. So we had a class in my school about the new Dutch cabinet and everybody must make together parties that you would vote for. And we had only one class to make political agreement about 5 important topics, but you must have majority. We did that in one class and not like in weeks or months!!

So maybe if adults only fight about it and they dont make the agreement, we can do that easier and maybe better. πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

Maybe the problem is this: Politicians are adults! And they are selfish and self-centered. Today a far-left party cannot govern with a center or right-wing party. They would spend all their time arguing or would have to continually look for a terrible compromise on any topic.

So I'm a snob! πŸ™„πŸ˜…. I wouldn't like just one party but I don't see anyone I like πŸ˜”.

Well, people assume that they must find a political party in which they agree with 100% of the countless propositions. Of course you will never find your perfect match, unless you make your own. However, there has to be one where you will find yourself in agreement with more often than others, no?

Yue: I think you invented coalition governments πŸ˜›. If a single party doesn't have enough power to pass bills, they find allies to form a majority (the system may be slightly different across countries, but the principle should still hold for the most part)

Well, people assume that they must find a political party in which they agree with 100% of the countless propositions. Of course you will never find your perfect match, unless you make your own. However, there has to be one where you will find yourself in agreement with more often than others, no?

Yue: I think you invented coalition governments πŸ˜›. If a single party doesn't have enough power to pass bills, they find allies to form a majority (the system may be slightly different across countries, but the principle should still hold for the most part)

All the parties have disappointed me. All the Italian governments of the right and left have disappointed me. Nobody gives me positive emotions. Nobody can solve problems. Thanks Etienne for the interesting conversation and thanks also to Yue☺️😊. I hope France can have a good government πŸ‘

probably filled up with loooooooooots of chemtrails.

probably filled up with loooooooooots of chemtrails.
Unfortunately no one is perfectπŸ™„πŸ˜³