This topic is locked. New posts aren't allowed at this time.

Russia in Peace Politics and governments

What do you think of Russia's behavior in the world?

Russia is Europe's worst enemy

This is a stereotype. A parrot repetition of the Western media

I think Russia is just seen as an enemy because people dont get Putins behaviour (including me to be honest). Plus American and Russian leaders were never able to communicate like grown ups. They just fought like little children ("You did that!" "OH WEELL but you did that")

And to be honest I somehow dont get how Russian society can just be ok with so much corruption and criminals...

Nonetheless I like the "normal" Russian people. My mother in law is russian, I have friends there

Russian people are very hospitable people. They don't like to smile falsely like Americans do. Russians have a saying, "Smiling for no reason is a sign of insanity. The same is true in Politics. It's not the presidents who run the politics of states. It is done by clans of oligarchs

Well I see but why do Russian people dont stand up against it? I fell like they know all about it but say "Well I cant change it either..."
So...why?
I mean if there is one thing you can say about European countries is that they know how to fight unfair/fachist leaders and organisations.
I think Russian ppl should do the same

I'm not sure Westerners know how to protest other than demonstrating. That doesn't get us anywhere. Democracy in the West works as a sideshow. Dozens of Americans have written to me about it. And Russian people are right when they say: "It's useless to protest. If you go to your town square with a placard and your placard says "The Prime Minister is a fool", where would you be? That's right, in a psychiatric hospital. Your idea of Western democracy is naive and childish.

Well why would that be wrong?
Pls explain me.
You know...some people who fought Nazi regime in Germany also said: "Its always worth to say if something is not right. Even if you just say it to reach one or two people." Just think about it...
If some people wouldnt have speak up agains German Nazis and their brutale politics against Jews... nobody would ever have thought: "Well that could be wrong! Maybe this person is right and I should help the Jews"
And if more people would have cared about this one opinion..some really horrible things could have been stopped..

Of course Nazi Germany is a huge example...but I am sure you know what I mean. No offense but I guess russian people are often just afraid because police is brutale over there. And politicans there are a bit primitive, just laughing and saying: "Go away! No one will listen to you either!"
...By the way I dont think American democracy or Western democracy is perfect. Well but I guess people here are free. More free than in Russia.
Just my opinion

Let's start at the back.
1. What do you mean by FREEDOM? Specifically?
2. Westerners are freer than Russians. Not true. It is now common for us to berate Putin on the social networks of the Internet. Is this freedom or not according to you. ?
Now a Russian person can go to the edge of the world without the permission of the state. Is this freedom or oppression?
Now I can write my yen about anything I want. Is that freedom or not?
Now I can be gay or genderqueer. Is that freedom or not?
If these points are an indication of freedom for you, but you are a young naive man.

Freedom, to me, means: to be allowed to say my opinion. To be able to criticise a politican. Without havin the fear to end in prison, poisened or even killed like it happened with some people in Russia, who said something the Kreml didn't like.

I am sorry if I seem naive to you. Maybe its because of the German past...but I think it is not free if some people get pressured by the government.

Edit by AnnKay .

What do you think of Russia's behavior in the world?
I don't really like Russia, but regarding the international level, it does its job to keep its sovereignty even if it means playing the game US force on them. For instance, recent events just show how Russia is forced to bring its balls on the table to restor a bit of dialogue between them and the US. Russian government also understands well geopolitics in my opinion and treat the western european countries the way they are : puppet states/US colonies (laughed my ass off seeing Macron in Russia) and seeking for alliances elsewhere.
Same, it deals properly with the sanctions it gets to the point it transformed some of them into opportunities such as when they got no cheese or wine from France anymore and just learnt to make it in Russia instead, developping the local economy and skills.

That being said, Russia like China or USA is very imperialist and, regarding this, it's a threat to my people.

I'm not sure Westerners know how to protest other than demonstrating. That doesn't get us anywhere. Democracy in the West works as a sideshow. Dozens of Americans have written to me about it. And Russian people are right when they say: "It's useless to protest. If you go to your town square with a placard and your placard says "The Prime Minister is a fool", where would you be? That's right, in a psychiatric hospital. Your idea of Western democracy is naive and childish.
You can't put all the West in the same basket. the US and Canada for sure have no "tradition" of protesting, but it is different in France (despite getting more and more americanized"). It's like if I were to say Poland and Russia is the same while it is absolutely not.
In France for instance, protests and side movements/actions have led to many many rights like healthcare (so you don't get bankrupt for having a cancer, especially as a child...), welfare, workers' rights including 5 weeks vacations... If it's true that going to the streets with a placard saying "Prime minister is a fool" is pretty much useless and that it's getting pretty much of a joke since 20 years in France, it is still a way to change a country to some extents (and it will certainly be a way in a near future if people keep getting shat on by the government like now).

@Lianshen the US is not a fair state too. Thats right... but does it really mean to behave like this?? And is it really an excuse for how the Kreml treats people critising him? Is that really an excuse for "showing your balls" -meaning just threating everyone who doesnt seem likely to you?
Well..its complicated. As I said Russian and US goverment were always and are still behaving like stupid little children...

@Lianshen oh interesting to know🙂
But why is thr thing with the placate a joke in France? I mean...
As I wrote before:
You know...some people who fought Nazi regime in Germany also said: "Its always worth to say if something is not right. Even if you just say it to reach one or two people." Just think about it...
If some people wouldnt have speak up agains German Nazis and their brutale politics against Jews... nobody would ever have thought: "Well that could be wrong! Maybe this person is right and I should help the Jews"
And if more people would have cared about this one opinion..some really horrible things could have been stopped.
Even a placate can cause a bit change. My opinion

No offense but I guess russian people are often just afraid because police is brutale over there. And politicans there are a bit primitive, just laughing and saying: "Go away! No one will listen to you either!"
...By the way I dont think American democracy or Western democracy is perfect. Well but I guess people here are free. More free than in Russia.
Just my opinion
I think you haven't seen police in the "West" then... Yellow jackets were good examples in France, and Canada is as well nowadays where you have police killing a woman by stomping on her with a horse as well as different from of violence (freezing bank accounts, threatening to take away the pets etc). As for people being free in the "West", no they aren't... We are absolutely not free, especially withing the EU borders and our mindset is very narrowed by all the propaganda we get day after day and I believe the last 2 years especially shows how much of a totalitarian organization EU is.
Few examples on how our vows don't count and how speaking up is punished:
- 2005 referundum in France to make a EU constitution (I guess some countries like Ireland too) ==> 55% "no" ==> "lol, we will do it anyway".
- Julian Assange getting in deep shit like if we were US puppets (we are)
- Criticism of Islam, progressism, EU ==> muted, shamed, eventually killed
- going against the US (liek Germany buying russian gas instead of US) ==> sanction, threats of wars, current situation in Ukraine.
etc.

As for russians, I guess people there just have a different culture than in Brittany, France or Germany. Most of people I've seen from this place are much more cynical and into a "day to day" lifestyle whereas people in our places are uncomfortable around cynism and try to seek for a better future.

@Lianshen the US is not a fair state too. Thats right... but does it really mean to behave like this?? And is it really an excuse for how the Kreml treats people critising him? Is that really an excuse for "showing your balls" -meaning just threating everyone who doesnt seem likely to you?
Well..its complicated. As I said Russian and US goverment were always and are still behaving like stupid little children...
Yes it is if the US is literally trying to make a war in Ukraine in order to sell its gas to us, which is more or less the case right now... Russia has no solution but to play that game in order to make sure everyone understand that it won't let others violate its sovereignty and its right to "live". The same happen with North Korea, Cuba, Iran and some South American countries which are, strangely, all depicted as evil despite being under illegal sanctions from the US.
Russia is anything but stupid there and if it seems to, it's because, as westerners, we mostly have rotten journalism that doesn't do its job and just focus on few words like a tabloid would do...

It didn't work though and things got worse gradually in Germany, partially thanks to other countries surroundering Germany as well, which weren't much better when it came to antisemitism. If we get a more contemporary example, people who said that we would have to get a health pass just got mocked and labeled as conspiracy theorists before getting muted and ridiculed even more, yet, they were right and some people just pretented like those people didn't exist, so it didn't work much.
Same for yellow jackets, it led to nothing in France and Macron kept being contemptuous of French people, insulting them in other countries and taunting them while using the police to rip an eye or a hand from them. Voicing your opinion doesn't always work, especially if it's only voicing, especially in an era in which propaganda is easier to do and stronger than ever.

Well. I see your point. The EU and many things of the US dont work good too..
Nonetheless I would like to say: it can be tough to make politics today too.
E.g. the muslim critisism. Especially you poor guys in France should be allowed to do so. But another example from German history: in 1930s many Germans had no work while Jews often had succesfull businesses. Germans were angry about that and Hitler and his companions took these points saying: "You need to critisice Them! No not just criticise them. Hate them! Do something against those rats!" (Thats what they really said!!) So I guess for politicans its tough...to allow criticism but to not let hate "overflow" you know. Because sadly the human itself is good at hating....

Same with the EU. Ofc its not great to be bundled and dependend from the US always... but where would it lead us if every country does its own thing again?? Also...Human itself. I guess if we stop EU and US alliances... we would have World War III a few days later...

Its really complicated. And from my point of view the last two years showed only one thing: people are not standing together (sadly)... and many of the rich ones are just interested in there own pocket...

They have a big ego

This topic is locked. New posts aren't allowed at this time.