Opinion homosexuality Politics and governments

I think it is an absurd to even discuss it, like we are saying some people are not normal! What is normal? Being a jackass?
My country is filled with fanatic Christians who think they can use the law to make everybody live like they want to. It is just horrible.

How much tolerance for the LGBTq+ community indicates how civilized a society is.
To forbidden which comes naturally is just against human nature and discriminaton is a poison.

I totally agree!!!

In the UAE, it’s unfortunately illegal. You can’t even enter the country if your appearance doesn’t match your passport’s gender, you go to jail for suspicion of homosexuality and you get deported immediately (80% of the population are expats)z

yeah love is love but i think this work is bad

Hey guys, I'm a lesbian and I first wanted to say thank you!
I almost cried because so many of you were showing so much tolerance and respect. I'm still in the closet, and it's kinda hard. I don't say that because I want you to be sorry, I do it because Maybe you will understand it better then. I'm not Angry or sad because of those, who wrote bad Things About homosexuality. I think, they just have missed some enlightenment. Homosexuality isn't a choice. I was Born with it, like you were Born with your heterosexualiy. I can't Change it and I don't even want to Change it, I simply only like boobs. If someone would say to you, that you have to have a gay relationship, you wouldn't be happy with it too. And why shouldn't we adopt Children? If you don't want homosexuals to adopt your Children, tell heterosexuals not to get Children they don't want. Is it worse to have two dads than having no Family? And why should we have a bad influence?! We are all only humans like everyone! You can't pray the gay away 🙂

The fact that you don't want to discuss about the "normality" or not is only because you don't have any argument to impose/defend you thoughts...
You could simply say that normality is referring to the norm, which is actually arbitrary, even if based on observations and scientific processes ... But maybe it was to difficult for you to think a little more than "It is like this because of it !"

And to complete the discussion, there are abnormal people... at least when you decide to live in a society... Because normality will be automatically defined by the mean of the characteristics presented in this society... But, of course, your simple-rainbow-minds have not integrated this basic...
Following this, if you are a psychopath and live alone, you will not be characterized as it, but if you are living in a society and you represent a minority that find enjoyable the suffering of your colleagues, you will be characterized as psycho and abnormal...
And against the argument "It is normal because it is found in nature" (-_- really ?), with the small example you should have understood that it is not an argument... If not, don't you know that when there is a alpha-male change in lions group, the new "boss" first every male lion cubs to prevent them being a future competitor... Does it make normal to you that in a redialed couple, the male could kill the son of his new girlfriend because "it is in Nature"....
And for the finish, what to say to a coprophile who says:
[...] I can't Change it and I don't even want to Change it, I simply only like feces. [...]

So in conclusion, there is no paraphilia in your thoughts ? Only natural and normal behaving as you could not show me argument (at least one as I did) ?

Edit by Verenius .

It's always easy to deny the reliability of facts if they don't match a certain point of view.

It's always easy to deny the reliability of facts if they don't match a certain point of view.

I'm waiting with the greatest interest those facts your are talking about.
As the debate is, change my mind !
You're talking about things I/we usually denied, what were those ? Where are you arguments ? Make me a list, even non-exhaustive... let say 3 arguments. Mainly, my argumentation is based on basic biological principals and the undeniable complementary between biological genders (XX and XY), what about you ?

I'm not here to be the bad, but only to confront/discuss my point of view... which is a little bit disappointing up to now...
You seem to be the bravest that took the sword... Fight with it in the name of your beliefs.

First of all I don't see this conversation as something anybody should justify themselves in. If these are your thoughts, well it's fine. It's not up to me to convince you or anyone else.
And I didn't say that you've denied anything. I ment it in general because it doesn't matter what arguments you serve while talking to stubborn people, they'll always find an argument against it.

Edit by 1994 .

Anyways, I suppose that you can't compare a lions behaviour to the behaviour of a human being that is way more developed in thinking and that has morals.

This is a very emotional topic and to me it is actually not so much about biology and whether homosexuality is 'natural' or not. We as humans were all made naturally and we're all part of the nature devoted to it's rhythm. That's why I strongly believe that lgbt+ is absolutely natural.

But most importantly this topic is about acceptance in my eyes. When two people, no matter if they are two men, women or one man and one woman, love each other, support each other and want to spent the rest of their lives together, what on earth should speak against it?!
The arguments against it, are simply ridiculous and always based on norms made by society not nature.
No one will make any man marry another man or a woman marry another woman if they don't want to. Why should they?
Homosexuals won't try to turn you gay or lesbian, that's a prejudice. All they want is acceptance and a peaceful, happy life, just like everyone else.

All that matters is, don't matter what opinion we have, a conversation should always be held respectfully.

As a gay, I think you can say what you want about homosexuality, you can hate lgbtq+ community but love needs to be respected and no one has to go against homosexuals' rights.

First of all I don't see this conversation as something anybody should justify themselves in. If these are your thoughts, well it's fine. It's not up to me to convince you or anyone else.
And I didn't say that you've denied anything. I ment it in general because it doesn't matter what arguments you serve while talking to stubborn people, they'll always find an argument against it.
First of all, this topic has been named "Opinion Homosexuality".
Everybody here was saying exactly the same as "That is normal", "that is natural", "I'm ok with it" ,etc...
For such discussion, could we say that this topic was useful... or even interesting ... Don't thing so... And that is why I came, to challenge a little bit what was thought here. And I'm glad that finally someone tried to response/discuss with me.
SO there are no questions about convincing anybody, it is just a question about explaining your point of view.
You are talking about Stubborn people "on my side", but did this topic show you stubborn people on "your side" ? People who, at least, didn't even try to discuss because "it is normal" and that's it. Is that a sign of stubbornness ?

Anyways, I suppose that you can't compare a lions behaviour to the behaviour of a human being that is way more developed in thinking and that has morals.
It is funny that your are talking about Human Moral on these Crisis Times... Finally, there is no a big step to make to come back to our primitive instincts as we could see...
But the purpose of this comparison was not to compare animal and human instinct... The purpose was only to show how stupid the argument "it is normal because it is found in nature" is...

This is a very emotional topic and to me it is actually not so much about biology and whether homosexuality is 'natural' or not. We as humans were all made naturally and we're all part of the nature devoted to it's rhythm. That's why I strongly believe that lgbt+ is absolutely natural.

But most importantly this topic is about acceptance in my eyes. When two people, no matter if they are two men, women or one man and one woman, love each other, support each other and want to spent the rest of their lives together, what on earth should speak against it?!
The arguments against it, are simply ridiculous and always based on norms made by society not nature.
No one will make any man marry another man or a woman marry another woman if they don't want to. Why should they?
Homosexuals won't try to turn you gay or lesbian, that's a prejudice. All they want is acceptance and a peaceful, happy life, just like everyone else.

All that matters is, don't matter what opinion we have, a conversation should always be held respectfully.

There is a big difference between Natural and Normal... A psychopath is natural but, in our society, abnormal (I think we could agree on this...). As I've already said and you too, normality is totally depending on arbitrary arguments (in some societies, marrying a 14yo girl to a >50yo man is totally natural... which could shocked many of us here...).

Personally, I don't have anything against homosexual cause, yes it is natural as you've said.
But, I stand against homosexual adoption.
I'm sorry for you but that is my opinion even if some straight parents are surely and totally worst than homosexual.
For those mistreated kids, there are plenty other straight couple that could and want to adopt before homosexual parents.
And finally, I'm 100% against all this "normalization" of homophilia. I think and respect all the homosexual but did not approved that we could make the "advertising" of it.

As a conclusion, I think that Homosexuality belongs to Paraphilia, but with a normal-greater tolerance than the others.
And, as I see a schizophrenic, I do, of course, not split on him nor insult him, but if he says to me that he is totally "normal" I would say to him that "even if he is natural, he is not normal; although it does not bother me nor really him if well controlled (for the case of Schizophrenia)."

As a gay, I think you can say what you want about homosexuality, you can hate lgbtq+ community but love needs to be respected and no one has to go against homosexuals' rights.
Who told you that you could have more rights than me ? "Homosexual rights ? You mean that you could have more tolerance about yourself ? You only have access to the general rights.
Positive discrimination is a mistake that only make growing frustration and hate against the "favored community".
So stop talking about Homosexuals' rights and simply say instead "our rights to be respected"...

First of all, this topic has been named "Opinion Homosexuality".
Everybody here was saying exactly the same as "That is normal", "that is natural", "I'm ok with it" ,etc...
For such discussion, could we say that this topic was useful... or even interesting ... Don't thing so... And that is why I came, to challenge a little bit what was thought here. And I'm glad that finally someone tried to response/discuss with me.
SO there are no questions about convincing anybody, it is just a question about explaining your point of view.
You are talking about Stubborn people "on my side", but did this topic show you stubborn people on "your side" ? People who, at least, didn't even try to discuss because "it is normal" and that's it. Is that a sign of stubbornness ?

It is funny that your are talking about Human Moral on these Crisis Times... Finally, there is no a big step to make to come back to our primitive instincts as we could see...
But the purpose of this comparison was not to compare animal and human instinct... The purpose was only to show how stupid the argument "it is normal because it is found in nature" is...

There is a big difference between Natural and Normal... A psychopath is natural but, in our society, abnormal (I think we could agree on this...). As I've already said and you too, normality is totally depending on arbitrary arguments (in some societies, marrying a 14yo girl to a >50yo man is totally natural... which could shocked many of us here...).

Personally, I don't have anything against homosexual cause, yes it is natural as you've said.
But, I stand against homosexual adoption.
I'm sorry for you but that is my opinion even if some straight parents are surely and totally worst than homosexual.
For those mistreated kids, there are plenty other straight couple that could and want to adopt before homosexual parents.
And finally, I'm 100% against all this "normalization" of homophilia. I think and respect all the homosexual but did not approved that we could make the "advertising" of it.

As a conclusion, I think that Homosexuality belongs to Paraphilia, but with a normal-greater tolerance than the others.
And, as I see a schizophrenic, I do, of course, not split on him nor insult him, but if he says to me that he is totally "normal" I would say to him that "even if he is natural, he is not normal; although it does not bother me nor really him if well controlled (for the case of Schizophrenia)."

Who told you that you could have more rights than me ? "Homosexual rights ? You mean that you could have more tolerance about yourself ? You only have access to the general rights.
Positive discrimination is a mistake that only make growing frustration and hate against the "favored community".
So stop talking about Homosexuals' rights and simply say instead "our rights to be respected"...
It's an objective fact that homosexuals have less rights than straights, for example in Italy a homosexual couple can't adopt a child, and in many other countries being homosexual is illegal (you can check it on Wikipedia).
So, when I talk about "homosexuals' right", I don't mean that homosexuals need more rights than straights, I mean that homosexuals need the same rights straights have.

I'm sorry for you but I agree with the fact that homosexual couples are not allowed to adopt children.
I think that a child has to grow up in "bi-gender" environment made by a father and a mother.
For many reasons like Oedipus's complex, the construction of his mind, etc. I think that the complementary between a mother and a father is undeniable. Even if I know that some homosexual couples are way better than some heterosexual couples for the upbringing or simply the familial environment.
Also, I think that a child has to be preserve from homosexual influences and has to "discover" his eventual homosexuality by his own.

That is totally rubbish and far away from anything proved. It is a contradiction itself when you say that there might be homosexuals who are better parents, but it is ALWAYS better to raise in a heterosexual environment. They will find out if they are straight or lgbt+ in any family environment.
You might have noticed that all lgbt+ people found out that they're not straight also they were raised in a heterosexual household. So why shouldn't it be possible the other way round, too?

I think I should respect them, but I never support them in adopting children. Can't experiment exposing children to such other upbringing. And besides, how will these children later start their families?
They will be confused.

No one will be confused if the parents tell them that there are not only straight people, that there is a variety in life.

That is totally rubbish and far away from anything proved. It is a contradiction itself when you say that there might be homosexuals who are better parents, but it is ALWAYS better to raise in a heterosexual environment. They will find out if they are straight or lgbt+ in any family environment.
You might have noticed that all lgbt+ people found out that they're not straight also they were raised in a heterosexual household. So why shouldn't it be possible the other way round, too?

I agree, a homosexual couple could give the same education compared to a straight couple. The only reason adoptions from homosexual couples are not possible is the mentality of people who teach children mothers' and fathers' role in the stereotypical traditional family.