Stupid Question: But I'm being completely serious... English

I was doing the dishes just a minute ago, and as I was putting dishes into the dishwasher, I started to wonder if everyone had one of these in foreign countries.
And what other appliances do you have in your house.
I'll tell you what I have at my house. Lol.
-Dishwasher, refrigerator/freezer, coffee maker, toaster, sotve/oven, microwave, washer and dryer.
My French teacher told me that when she visits European countries, she sees that most people have very small refrigerators because electricity is so expensive, is this true?

I know this seems completely stupid, but I really am curious! Lol.
I'm really tired, that's my only excuse for this dim-witted question. (:

Edit by AllieO .

In my counrty (I' m from Poland )we usually use water and dishwasher๐Ÿ˜ƒ so just like you.
Of couse hausehould appliances in Poland is expensive and eldery person don't use this because they think that is unusuall and unhygienic- this is stupid not your mind ;p .
We have the same things like U.

okay so ...dishwashers are not used here most of the time...you just rub the plates with a sponge in the sink or whatever
refrigerator... i have something like a hybrid because it has both (refrigerator and freezer) included...and by the way it's huge ๐Ÿ™‚
coffee maker - i have , we don't use it.
toaster - no
oven -yes
microwave - yes , rarely used
washer and dryer - yes

about the electricity thing...i don't know which countries does she visit, but in the eastern part (former communist block) electricity is cheaper mainly because the russians give it to us (at smaller prices ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ) but because on the communist time, many hydro-electric and thermal power stations were built, just enough to cover all the country (which is small).

as u say and have in Turkey we have water,dish and therefore a dishwasher haha ๐Ÿ˜ƒ and electricity is expensive yes, but we rarely use microwave ๐Ÿ˜‰

We use a microwave because it's fast and we're so bussy ;P but the food isn't tasy after preparing in this way.

okay so ...dishwashers are not used here most of the time...you just rub the plates with a sponge in the sink or whatever
refrigerator... i have something like a hybrid because it has both (refrigerator and freezer) included...and by the way it's huge ๐Ÿ™‚
coffee maker - i have , we don't use it.
toaster - no
oven -yes
microwave - yes , rarely used
washer and dryer - yes
Lol. I have to wash pots and pans by hand in the sink also, but I use the dishwasher for everything else...
And my refrigerator is both a freezer/ refrigerator also. The freezer is on the top and smaller than the fridge, the whole thing is about 5 feet 9 inches tall (I guess thats huge. Lol.) You don't have TOASTER?! How do you make bagels and toast?? << This is ridiculous! Lol.

And thanks everyone else for answering! ๐Ÿ™‚

Edit by AllieO .

: O thiss has answered...life long question

And my refrigerator is both a freezer/ refrigerator also. The freezer is on the top and smaller than the fridge, the whole thing is about 5 feet 9 inches tall.
- same...but it's more like 6 feet 3in (i measured it ๐Ÿ™‚ )

You don't have TOASTER?! How do you make bagels and toast??
Bagels ? Toast ? =) ..we buy whatever kind of bread we want to eat from the market...anyway sometimes we cook the bread in the oven (grandma style, kinda healthier).

Romanians are quite (okay, a lot more) lazy and ignorant and they skip the breakfast (especially if they wake up after 10 am) , and posh ladies don't eat much bread because it makes them [b]FATTER[/b] . lol :hammer

Hi!!I'm from Italy
Here we have the same appliances you have. In Itlay almost all the families have them but as someone has already told you, some eldery people don't.
Expecially here in the north. They had lived as farmer longer than in the south and a lot of them think they should continue to live like that ^.^ It's crazy but it is like this^.^

Ohhh๐Ÿ˜^ interesting...

and remus, thats funny. (:

In France, electricity is not expensive for refregirators... their size is "normal" Electricity is really in abondance here, but it's true that France is a country who function a lot with nuclear energy... We have 63 nucleary central i trust, for a 550 000km2 country, it's really good and often we seel our own electricity to spain or others country.

Nya Nya

I donยดt have toaster and either coffe maker and dishwasher...
I have to wash the dishes with my own hands xDD
I have a refrigerator/freezer too same as yours with a small freezer in the top but my refrigerator/freezer is a little bit small xDDD

Nya Nya

I have microwave too and I donยดt eat a lot of bread but in my country almost all loves the bread and yes ... make you fatter xD

Interesting. hey cosaque you should go to this website about "going green"
Its pretty cool (: http://www.terracycle.net/

We just have kinda everything. But in the Netherlands we don't eat as much bagels or donuts as you do๐Ÿ˜› We have a toaster though!๐Ÿ˜ƒ I asked for it with Sinterklaas (That's a feast where you based Santa Claus on๐Ÿ˜‰) and so we have one now๐Ÿ˜ƒ

We have a dishwasher, but it's broken so we have to wash our dishes by hand๐Ÿ™‚ And my mom doesn't like the microwave but I always warm my hot chocolate in it because it's faster๐Ÿ˜› Dutch people just eat kinde everything you know, from Chinese to Turkish to English. Just everythingXD But not so many bagels and donuts and sausages. All that american stuff I guess, also milkshakes and so. You can buy those things in the supermarket and milkshakes at the macdonalds but well, I don't buy them often.

Does English people really eat eggs and bacon every morning? And is it true that when you order a medium omelet in America you get 4 eggs?๐Ÿ˜ฎ Sorry, I'm a bit curiousXD

Im not sure about the omelet. But they are always delicious! (:

We also have dish washer. But some people don't use it though they have it. In my house, I have dish washer but we don't use it-I wash dishes by hand(detergent and sponge) ๐Ÿ™‚
Umm and we also have refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster(I have it but it broke.. sad ๐Ÿ™ ), microwave... but a few people have oven.
And my country, electricity is not so expensive than Europe, I think.

in Italy, i have Dishwasher (not used very often), two refrigerators (one small size with small freezer, one big size with freezer too), coffee maker (never used), no toaster, electric oven (the main one), no microwave (although it's common), washing machine (everyone has) and no laundry dryer (never saw it in italy).