How does the world view us Americans English

I don't want to offend you but Americans are those who lived there long before colonists arrived .

So I guess you are an immigrant too (your ancestors) and most of the "americans" are so.

If long time ago people "opened" their borders for you (in fact they were killed) , why wouldn't you do the same ?

Sorry, my english is bad, but i'll try to explain a little my vision of america! maybe it will not the truth, but it's my vision!

In my opinion, it's not american's who are bad! An american is same as an other man from Europa, Africa, Asia, etc... From France where i'm, my opinion about USA is bad. But i say against USA and not against USA citizen's!
Why ?
because a people become what he is in fonction of his education. And problem is that in america, it's the lobby and the financial men who stay in shade who hold tight the real power! It's not politicians who command, but the men who keep money! result is that american citizens can elected all politician they want, from every political ideas, the real politic will stay the same, because it's the Firm interests who guide the political program! If a politician want to stopped the "gun trade" he is confronted at a lobby as national riffle association by exemple, or other associations more or less official who make pressure!
what i want to say here, it's that it's the same in all in america: all is govern by monetary interests. and to put about message, financials use TV, medias, propaganda, etc... result is that american population begin to trust what it say to him by propaganda. but american citizens are inocents: they are manipulated by politics, themselves manipulated by lobby and financial interests... it begin to be the same in France since 15 years, since economical europe is building and i'm against this politic of my own country!
I'm happy that a little part of american population see clear in this game, but they are not a lot!
So, american citizens are closed in a way of life dictate by lobby who create a feeling of fear: idea they create is "we are in the best world possible, and a lot of people want to destroy our system! so we have to bring them our "civilisation", our way of life.
And when other people than americans see in their country arrived a lot of american investment in their country, they feel their economy is colonisated! and if you control economy of a country, you control this country!
about terrorism, in my opinion, america who agravate situation: the fire engender the fire! so when american army destroy a village in IraQ, it's a big advertising for terrorists! solution is not the war!

To finish, i can resume it in 2 sentences: what american are often see as bad in the world ?
Because as France or great-britain knew their period of colonisation and the people colonized protested, it's today the turn of america to be in position of power, and america, governed by lobby profite of it to install her "soft-power" in all country(a sort of neo-colonization), or to play at the police in the world by the war (the "evilness-axis" is an invention!) and the result in the world is the reject of this american power in their country!
Personally, when i see a country young of 300 years old teach a lessson at a 3 000 years old country (Iraq - mesopotamia) i laugh! and don't say they are right but we are not better then them! only dialogue and understanding could create good prospects. i have nothing against americans, but against their politic in the world dicted by lobby!
each people is free !

Edit by Cosaque .

i understood it...and you're right

except the war part , it's the same in Romania too >_> (about the government and politicians)

i want to be in America via a Work n Travel programme.

I don't want to offend you but Americans are those who lived there long before colonists arrived .

So I guess you are an immigrant too (your ancestors) and most of the "americans" are so.

If long time ago people "opened" their borders for you (in fact they were killed) , why wouldn't you do the same ?

When you said that majority of Americans are immigrants, you are mostly correct.
However, a lot of the citizen of the US today are a mix of everything. For example, I am part mostly part Czech and German, HOWEVER I am also English, Scottish, and a small bit of Native American.<---- Majority of my ancestors were in fact immigrants but they were, in time, Americans also. Many aren't desendants from the original Americans or the colonists but we are all Americans. I feel that this is a great thing about the country that i live in, the fact that we have such a diverse population.

You aren't "offending" anybody, but AMERICANS are citizens of present day America. NATIVE Americans were the original inhabitants of America. I am an American and so are any other citizens of America.

about terrorism, in my opinion, america who agravate situation: the fire engender the fire! so when american army destroy a village in IraQ, it's a big advertising for terrorists! solution is not the war!
You need to research and learn EVERYTHING about the situation before you state these things like this. We were not ADVERTISING anything. Take a look at a timeline of this whole situation, you have your dates messed up my man.

Edit by AllieO .

Aliie O, its okay! this is their opinion, everyone is different. although you are right, don't be upset! The only thing that matters is the truth, and that is what we need to worry about

"How the world see americans" interesting topic, mainly, americans is a term I always have disagreed to use, americans are all the people from the continent called america, from argentina to canada, because you know america is one single continent, is not like people from USA learn at school, they say there are two different continent north and south america.
People form usa shold be called diffent US citizens or something like that.
I was studying in France for one semester and I was very surprised when I saw that my friends from USA were not very accepted, generally speaking, they had lots of bad experiences in the streets, they used to tell me that sometimes they were on a bus stop speaking in english and the other people were seeing them with bad gestures, which was very different for us spanish speaking cuz all time people were coming to us trying to speak some spanich they knew. They also were really upset with canadian people that were aked : are you from USA? and they answered indignant nooo i'm canadian.
I have nothing against people from USA, I was there in a summer program working in Disney World and had a great experience but I also know that in USA there are a lot of discrimination with people from countries like mine, and stereotype a lot, for example a year ago I received in my house a girl from ohio, and she was very shocked because we have a lot of facilities, like new cars, internet, cable tv, etc, she had the image that we all were poor people in Mexico and that is because USA has a lot of inmigrants from my country but if they see most of the people that go to the states looking for better chances are people of the lowest levels, that's why they have that image.
What I think is that a lot of people from USA don't go out of their country and they think the world turns around them, that's why they are sometimes arogants and at the same time ignorants.
That's my simple opinion and of course not all people I have a lot of good friends there.

You need to research and learn EVERYTHING about the situation before you state these things like this. We were not ADVERTISING anything. Take a look at a timeline of this whole situation, you have your dates messed up my man.
I'm sorry but when i said that, my calculation about it is not an ill-considerate (i trust it's the word) speech. when i said advertising, sure that i didn't want to say that it's a volontary advertising! don't worry! 😁
It's maybe an opinion who is not sharing by everybody, but a lot of studies reveal this thing and it's what i wanted to say:

when i talk about Iraq, i know that american's soldier are now going out from this country, but it's too the case in Afghanistan by exemple.
When a group of soldier kill a civil, destroy an important bridge, or cut a powerhouse, etc... it's the civil population who is touch by theses damage. By exemple in Afghanistan, after 9 years of war, misery and destruction, population who was happy to see talibans hunting from power by coalition, begin now to trust that war in permanence is worse than before, and they join taliban who will be always in the country when our soldier will go out! it's why i think that war made by foreign country in Afghanistan is not a good solution, because see as an occupation! we should help the Moudjahidin of ex-commander Massoud (before he died) to liberate their own country and bring them humanity help too.
It's not a foreign power who will stay in this country (Alexander the great, Gengis Khan, URSS, Otan now are exemple)

Sure i'm not a soldier in theses country, and maybe my way of think is debatable but it's here the way of think of a part of the french people and it's what it's important here: not to know if i'm right or not, but to know and understand why theses visions about america and american people exists in the world. (it was the ricbarret's question)

Edit by Cosaque .

I understand. Lol. I wasn't upset, just wanted to let you know. (:

Well what really pisses me off is this kind of "we have to protect our children"-shit. Pardon my French here.
It's just not right to be justifying to be going into Iraq and Afghanistan just by saying it is a threat. As I said, I am seeing America as really messed up when it comes to politics, and even though I'm liberal I don't think Obama is the treat-to-go.

By trying to fight "terrorism", you just spread it more. That's a fact. There'll always be a person from Iraq or wherever willing to bomb another building in New York when his family is killed by Americans, who partly rape their families, kill just by lust and are treating their prisoners inhumanly. (I am talking those private army organizations now.)

I can't understand how Bush could be elected twice, that's one of the things that aggravated me too. It's not only Texas which is the center of conservatives.

Just trying to be a little more benvolent would do the trick. Not trying to "destroy" Iraq and Afghanistan, but trying to be supportive.
If the US has to waste money on war, you can also just help them build schools to get proper education rather than sending men oversea who aren't even capable of controlling themselves.

To the thing with the natives: I think it's really funny that the world will always blame Germany for the holocaust but America killing
an entire nation is gone & forgiven. Give it a thought. (Hint propaganda hint)

I'm not upset that you feel this way. But you are demeaning our troops and we are proud of them. You are sort of degrading everything they do. I happen to have many friends who went into the US military.

if you study our government like i have, i can say that it is very fair in the way that no one carries the absolute power, The three branches of the government, executive, judicial and legislative, all work together but against each other at the same time so not one branch takes charge of the entire country

for example the president cant wage war, but congress can say no.
\lets face it when the Muslim extremest ramed the plane into our trade center, was a direct act of war. it was not only bush that wanted to go to war, the american people all were urging him to.

NO goverment is perfect, just better ones.

If the Muslim extremist came into your country and done the same, you would have done the same, it would have been cowardly to stand back and not do anything.

\lets face it when the Muslim extremest ramed the plane into our trade center, was a direct act of war. it was not only bush that wanted to go to war, the american people all were urging him to.
what if some guys from [b]every[/b] country of the world explode themselves in the USA...will you declare war against the whole Earth ?

I think it's really funny that the world will always blame Germany for the holocaust but America killing
an entire nation is gone & forgiven. Give it a thought.
i think it's "funnier" that Germany trigerred a World War because of their extermination-policy but in USA's case , everybody (...well a big part) is helping them >_>

Edit by Remus .

Yep... Most of people here imagine all americans as fat and silly people....

Well, Remus what would you have suggested we should have done when 9/11 happened? Nothing?

Noo! (or in my case), americans are not all see as fat and S.tupid! it's wrong! They could not be the first power in the world if they will be really S.tupid, no ? it's just that american public opinion is in a point of view of the world who is their, and their History is a factory of their actual point of view. But this point of view is used by industrial lobbys who have financials interests to provoke a situations who is favourable at their business. During that america state lost money with the war and that americans citizens trust defender liberty, a lot of industrials win money with the war: they build guns, protecting system against terrorists, etc... Tarek said something who is right: "There'll always be a person from Iraq or wherever willing to bomb another building in New York".
Unic solution is not a protection with guns or technology, it's a human solution.

And to ask you AllieO, i respect americans soldiers. They made what government said them to do, and when somebody arrive in a true hell, when you're never sure that the car before you is not the bomb who could kill you, and that you're stressed 24h/24h at a moment you can "blow a fuse" (i'm not sure of this expression, i want to say "péter les plombs") and provoke acts very bad! But it's not a generality so! The true responsible of their acts is not theses soldiers, but peoples who send them in this country!
I'm agree with Tarek when he said that US (and ONU in general) should use the money to build schools by exemple, because when a people is educated with idea that westerners are ennemy, he see westerners as an ennemy, but if, with new schools more neutral in education of theses people learn them idea of tolerance, respect and not conquer, theses people will respect westerner peoples!

Edit by Cosaque .

Well, Remus what would you have suggested we should have done when 9/11 happened? [b]Nothing?[/b]
did i say that ?

do you think that war solves them all ?
if you hunt 20 bad-guys and kill them plus other thousands of civilians you feel happier and safer ?