do u believe in god ? write here why? English

" Is this a proof? Isn't this also silly?
Don't you think that if you had a proof you wouldn't believe but you would know about existence of God. There is a big difference between these two words. The word "believe" is mostly used if you are sure or almost sure about something but you cannot prove that.

Besides it is not so silly as believing that life was created accidently. Some people believe that there is no difference between atoms and cells - these small particles of all the living creatures. That is realy silly.
Life has just emerged without any help, but nobody can create life using the same chemical compounds which supposedly were mixed then. Our scientists are a bit overwise, aren't they?

If I would believe something, I would search for proofs. Do you believe fabls? Do you believe legends? And also, there is no founds about God's existence. You cannot be "almost sure" about it. If you have one, show me. You believe God, because you don't know why all dinosaurs died or you believe because you don't know reaction steps of photosynthesis. You believe it because there are unknown things in universe. You believe it because someone who you respect, wants you to believe.

There are no atheist who says universe existed accidently. Did I say something such as this? And yes, we don't know how universe started "FOR NOW" but I can suggest you Multiverse Theory. This is one of most common theories. Look at here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse

Life? Do you know about Miller-Urey Experiment? This experiment shows life can start without God, magic or other mystical creature. And yes again, we still don't know its ways. But we proved it can start. Isn't this enough to dn't believe God? If you want more, live and follow science. Ignorance is disappearing. I hope one day scientist will find chemical explanation of life. Don't forget, science is a duration.

Or after all, if theism has better proofs, close your eyes to universe and go on believing fabls.

For start of life; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller%E2%80%93Urey_experiment

Edit by efrasyab .

It's a one-way bet. If you are right you spend eternity in paradise, if you are wrong you are dead, but you would have been dead anyway so you haven't lost anything,

@efrasyab

In my view if you search for proofs you don't really believe. Besides there are things which are unprovable.But even if you should look for proofs confirmating your beliefs, shouldn't you look for those
denying them?

I heard about that experiment, but the scientist you mentioned created just amino acids, not life.
If you find an experiment about creating at least germ or cell it would be something really interesting.
My point is a cell is much more sophisticated that a TV set. Do you believe that a TV set can come into being without any conscious action?

There are a lot of theories about the universe but they are not flawless and they are not proofs, are they?

Please, don't get offended but in my view your denomination is science. You laugh at people who believe in God while you believe in theories. There is no big difference.The arguments of contemporary science are extremely abstract. You cannot understand all of them. You have to count on scientists and believe that what they say is correct. But it often emerges that it isn't.

You mentioned legends. Perhaps you heard about Troya. Not every legend must be a fairy tale. Some of them may contain some facts although they're often embellished.

I'm not bound by any denomination or belief system, but I believe there is a sort of force or consciousnes that created life, really interesting thing that can resist entropy. If you don't believe
I'm not going to convince you, but I think you don't really now anything about that and your scientists either and it's not very wise to ridicule someones beliefs without sufficient grounds.

Anyway I'm really glad about that discussion, and hope you don't experience it as a row or something like that.

Edit by Hoketus .

@efrasyab

In my view if you search for proofs you don't really believe. Besides there are things which are unprovable.But even if you should look for proofs confirmating your beliefs, shouldn't you look for those
denying them?

I heard about that experiment, but the scientist you mentioned created just amino acids, not life.
If you find an experiment about creating at least germ or cell it would be something really interesting.
My point is a cell is much more sophisticated that a TV set. Do you believe that a TV set can come into being without any conscious action?

There are a lot of theories about the universe but they are not flawless and they are not proofs, are they?

Please, don't get offended but in my view your denomination is science. You laugh at people who believe in God while you believe in theories. There is no big difference.The arguments of contemporary science are extremely abstract. You cannot understand all of them. You have to count on scientists and believe that what they say is correct. But it often emerges that it isn't.

You mentioned legends. Perhaps you heard about Troya. Not every legend must be a fairy tale. Some of them may contain some facts although they're often embellished.

I'm not bound by any denomination or belief system, but I believe there is a sort of force or consciousnes that created life, really interesting thing that can resist entropy. If you don't believe
I'm not going to convince you, but I think you don't really now anything about that and your scientists either and it's not very wise to ridicule someones beliefs without sufficient grounds.

Anyway I'm really glad about that discussion, and hope you don't experience it as a row or something like that.

What do you think living creatures are made by? We are complications of organic molecules. Amino acids are our building stones. After amino acids' existense, Coacervates come to world. Then first anaerob procaryota cell comes... That is evolution. I am saying again, we are complications of organic molecules. Life is this. All of living creatures are made of these organics. Amino acid is one of most important of them. If Amino acid exist, molecules starts to build organism and "creates life".

Denomination? Do your denominations have proofs? Science can explain me how life started. But your religion can't. It cannot explain me why I should go to church. Yes it says me if don't go there, I will go to hell. But it cannot really show me hell. Science says if I put sodium in sulphuric acid, hydrogen gas comes up. And science can explain me why we obtain hydrogen after this reaction. It has real proof.

Let's make a supposition, let's think Multiverse is not true and Miller-Urey experiment is wrong. Does this situation prove God? Does this situation show me hell? Science is duration. Ignorance is temporary. Ancient Greek didn't know about thunders. So, they "create" a God, Zeus... Then, you say we don't exactly know everything about universe, so God hypothesis is true. "ISN'T THIS SILLY?"

Again and again, science is duration. We musn't fill the information spaces with Gods. We must work for filling them with scientific information.

I know about Troy. Troy is in western side of Turkey. Did you know Trojan horse is a lie? It's a part of Troy legend. Heinrich Schliemann was the first archaeologist who worked in Troy. Do you know what he found? He found that Troy's walls were destroyed by an earthquake. Troy city was above a earthquake fault. So Akha soldiers get in city easily. But Homeros didn't agree this, did he?

So will you continue to believe in Adam and Eve Tale? Do you think Achilles was irresistable? Do you think only King Arhur was able to pull the Sword up? Do you think Eve was created by Adam's Rib?

I think you mean I'm under control of science. No, one day if somebody proves God Hypothesis, I will believe God. But until that day, I won't satisfy myself with fabls. Try to understand me. I want to be convinced by you, theists. But until I was borned, nobody could make me a theist. But science show me how world goes on, so my choise is Science. Yes, science has incomplete parts but I am not have to fill that parts with mythology. Also, science has bright ideas for that parts already. (Multiverse, Quarks etc...) After all, this is not important. Think this, we don't know yet, but we do not have to know "now" too.. 🙂 Let's try to find out. This is more important...

Science's theories are not perfect but I am not have to believe in God because of it. It doesn't prove me God. I hope ( I know you think I worship science but) Sciencist will find out a theory that has really certain proofs about Universe. If I would be a Theist, I would mind it and I would say God created Universe and I would leave that work to physicists. So, Religious Idea is a barricade in front of Free Idea.

At last, yes I am also thankful you. You make me to think about Theism although my idea didn't change. I hope you will think about Atheism too.

Edit by efrasyab .

It's a one-way bet. If you are right you spend eternity in paradise, if you are wrong you are dead, but you would have been dead anyway so you haven't lost anything,
Did you mean if we believe in God, we will guarantee going to paradise? Allah, Yehova, Jesus Christ and the others are able to know my ideas. So, if I accept to believe, won't they know my ideas about believing? No, I think, if there is a God, it's better to stay honest. I am not able to say lie to God. Because he knows what I think. And as Bernard Russell said, after my death, if God asks me why I didn't believe him, I will say there were no reason to believe a fabl. If he is clever enough, he will understand me 🙂

I believe in god. i believe it's better to believe in something rather than nothing at all. there are millions of things in this world we cannot see, and yet believe in their existance. How many people have actually seen a germ, or a virus? A lot of common people haven't, but there are a lot of germophobes out there. A lot of people would, I'm sure, come to the defense that germs have been proved to exist, but they haven't seen for themselves have they? They were told by someone else, just as we believing in religion are told by another. And despite efforts, we can't possibly as a race discover everything there is to know. Sometimes it's just best to have faith. It's possible, and therefore, I find it offensive, people out there to bash everyone with a religion. I can't imagine having no faith at all, and entertaining the thought that what you see is it. I personally couldn't enjoy living with such unimaginative theories.

i do believe in GOD and am happy that do
simply because i feel the existence of GOD in everything and everywhere

i do believe in GOD and am happy that do
simply because i feel the existence of GOD in everything and everywhere
This discusssion is becoming funny. God's Existence is not about your feelings. If you feel God because of God's Existence, why I don't feel? According to an investigation, %53 of all people don't believe God. So does God exist?

SayHello, you are right, we don't see germs normally. But if you use an electron microscope, you can watch micro-organisms' world... But anything cannot show me or anything cannot prove me God's Existence.

I don't believe something like jins, gods, goddesses, centaurs, witches or anything. I can imagine world without religion (like John Lennon 🙂 ) but I "live" like you too. I eat, breath, sleep, work, walk or everything that you normally do. But I don't believe in God. It's simple...

I also enjoy fantastic entertainments. You may read Lord of Rings 🙂 I love it, but I don't believe in Saruman, Elfs, Hobbits or Uruk-Hais. I enjoy reading it. Or read Harry Potter, but don't believe that Voldemort can kill you, because you are muggle 🙂 The world is still good with fantasy in our brains, not in real. I love living, but it's not because of mystism...

Edit by efrasyab .

there are so many beautiful things are different betwen us , many countries , and so many lovely places, many amazing cultures and habits, and different languages, also so many beautiful natures and weathers...
But however all these different things , We are living on the same earth, under the same sky, moon , sun and stars ...
I believe that we were made for each other to exchange love, peace and respect, and to know , hear and understand each other more and more ...to share ideas and cultures ...
To get one united world under God
yes, God created us , He taught us the wrong and the good things , and He gave us a mind to choose by ourselves and for looking for Him by His creations , then He sent His Messengers to guide us...
But the probelm is that every person has three Enemies : hisself , and the Satan and also the human evil
which covered his mind and heart and makes him go out of the right way and makes him a slave of hisself and his Desires
look , i really would like you to know something , If we don't believe in God doesn't mean that it doesn't exist , so if you really want to find God ask Him first and look for Him from the sources and try to use your mind , and stop to believe all what you hear
So what are we fighting for , i think that we are all dead , and dead isn't the end but is just the begning ...

there are so many beautiful things are different betwen us , many countries , and so many lovely places, many amazing cultures and habits, and different languages, also so many beautiful natures and weathers...
But however all these different things , We are living on the same earth, under the same sky, moon , sun and stars ...
I believe that we were made for each other to exchange love, peace and respect, and to know , hear and understand each other more and more ...to share ideas and cultures ...
To get one united world under God
yes, God created us , He taught us the wrong and the good things , and He gave us a mind to choose by ourselves and for looking for Him by His creations , then He sent His Messengers to guide us...
But the probelm is that every person has three Enemies : hisself , and the Satan and also the human evil
which covered his mind and heart and makes him go out of the right way and makes him a slave of hisself and his Desires
look , i really would like you to know something , If we don't believe in God doesn't mean that it doesn't exist , so if you really want to find God ask Him first and look for Him from the sources and try to use your mind , and stop to believe all what you hear
So what are we fighting for , i think that we are all dead , and dead isn't the end but is just the begning ...
I tried to use my mind and at first I learned to stay away these poisonous ideas. Because "the Guides" wanted me to believe something in their fantasies and to worship and do everything for that thing. No, I can't allow this. I have my own control and I don't want to feel my in prison because of God Hypothesis.

I learned Quran and Bible and a little bit of Buddha. No, they are all unacceptable. They didn't prove me their ideas. They didn't really persuade me. I don't want to perform ritual prayers to Allah five times a day. I don't want to become hungry all day for Allah. This is meanless. I am still ethical without them. I don't need them. And I know ethics are older than religions. So, we can be honest and good people without religions.

I also think we should do nice works fo other people, I also think we musn't kill anyone, I also think we must give nice worl to our sons and daughters. This is not about God, religion, heaven, hell, jins, angels or Satan. This is about becoming a "Human".

No signs of God, no religion, no lies, no exploitation, no exploiter classes
Just Revolutions, free ideas and science... This took us today, this will take us better days...

I don't believe god, because I believe that whn we die, we born again. I have been a candy, a pencil, a hamster and my next life will be a potatoe.

A potato?? Too bad too bad...
I don't believe in God, I'd like but I don't at the moment..

I believe in god because my mother told me to do so... : DD

I believe in god because my mother told me to do so... : DD
Haha, this is simply what I mean. People believe in God, because another person who thep respect, wants them to believe. This is terrific. This is fixed idea.

Iikku, why do you think you will be borned again as a potato, or something? Is this a new religion or a kind of Hinduism?

I think it is called Humor =D

I think it is called Humor =D
I hope so. If not, it shows humanity's ideology isn't going to "good" points in future... 🙂

Edit by efrasyab .

To believe in god... It's a great question!

First, I think we can't put our beliefs in any religions of this world. I have two points. It's quite obvious that "newer" religions stole almost all their myths to "older religion/mythology". Try to read the Summerian Mythology, it's fun to see that Noe have an ancestor with a square boat..... Then each religion says " if you don't believe in me, you will go right to the hell!". So as we can't believe in several religion in a same time, we will all go the hell... :s

But, I believe there are many things we can't explain with science... Or that we can't explain with science today.

My opinion is that religion is only an invention to control the people...no religion is unique, every religion is based on other religions and most religions have the same source. and if there was a creature or a thing called "god" anywhere, who would it be? i mean every religion has is own imagination of "god" - in some cases even several- with its own character... well, if you can't follow me....

watch this-------> http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/