Large update: notice a bug? Let us know! News and updates

I can’t see my messages. I can see that I’ve been sent one, but it won’t load, there’s just the background.

Well I rebooted the page and it seems to be working now.

Good would be to be able to edit messages in Chat or PMs after sending, like in WhatsApp.

In the forum its possible.

Something goes wrong when I try to text a message, the page flies away and I have to text it again before it flies away again

I can’t see my messages. I can see that I’ve been sent one, but it won’t load, there’s just the background.

Did you make sure to fully refresh the page? Feel free to share a screenshot or send a video clip my way to show.

Good would be to be able to edit messages in Chat or PMs after sending, like in WhatsApp.

In the forum its possible.

It's doable, yes, not in the near future but could be done later this year.

Is this restriction the same for men and women, Etienne?
See older women, younger Newcomers on their profile?
Or are 'only' older men restricted to 'see' younger
NEWCOMERS?

The rule applies to everyone (young/old, male/female)

Something goes wrong when I try to text a message, the page flies away and I have to text it again before it flies away again

Did you make sure to fully reload the page? Feel free to IM me a screenshot or a video clip if you think that would help.

It takes longer to load the pages now.

Hello all,

We just released a very large technical update, which should theoretically have no impact on user experience.
This update will pave the way for future improvements/features that would have otherwise been difficult to implement due to aging software.

If you notice anything wrong/broken, please let us know, it really helps!

Thanks

Hey, it’s been a whole day now, but every time I click on a conversation only a blank page is displayed 😕. Can’t chat.

Now I have to scroll down everytime I Switch to Mail or to Forums. First it appears the site is not loaded completely.

Or is it maybe an issue with webview in Android?!

its not loading any thing : chats etc

Hey, it’s been a whole day now, but every time I click on a conversation only a blank page is displayed 😕. Can’t chat.

Is it just the conversation page that doesn't work for you? Did you try to fully reload the page? Feel free to send me a screenshot or screen recording. It looks like your browser may be outdated. I will try to see tomorrow if there is anything I can improve.

Now I have to scroll down everytime I Switch to Mail or to Forums. First it appears the site is not loaded completely.

Or is it maybe an issue with webview in Android?!

I'm not too sure what you mean. Do you have a way to show me?

its not loading any thing : chats etc

Please send screenshot or screen recording

Edited by Etienne .

Okay it's not a huge problem, and I didn't read if it was already mentioned on this forum.

But sometimes when I log in, I get a notification on my home page saying that I have a "new badge", but when I enter my profile, there is no new badge, only the bubble saying "you have a new badge" pointing at nothing (it's just a blank spot). ((Also, I think I got all the badges so I didn't understand why I get the notification sometimes)).

But this does not happen all the time. Only rarely. And I wondered if other people had the same problem.
Nonetheless, thank you very much Etienne for your work on this website !

I guess the problem was just, that the bigger advertisement wasnt loaded and shew a blank placeholder instead.

But I recognized another bug: When I got a Mail the numbers is shown in the button (e.g. 1).
When I read it it disappears when I refresh the Screen the number is shown again for a second and disappears then.

It has many lags for me, like when im messaging person number A , message sends to B . Or at least, it shows that . It It's like all my chats are mixed up.

It has many lags for me, like when im messaging person number A , message sends to B . Or at least, it shows that . It It's like all my chats are mixed up.
Exactly whats happening to me
Its lagging terribly

But sometimes when I log in, I get a notification on my home page saying that I have a "new badge", but when I enter my profile, there is no new badge, only the bubble saying "you have a new badge" pointing at nothing (it's just a blank spot). ((Also, I think I got all the badges so I didn't understand why I get the notification sometimes)).

But this does not happen all the time. Only rarely. And I wondered if other people had the same problem.
Nonetheless, thank you very much Etienne for your work on this website !

Thanks for your message. There was indeed an issue with the "new badge" notification, it is now fixed.

I guess the problem was just, that the bigger advertisement wasnt loaded and shew a blank placeholder instead.

I haven't had too much time to play with the settings but I will soon.

But I recognized another bug: When I got a Mail the numbers is shown in the button (e.g. 1).
When I read it it disappears when I refresh the Screen the number is shown again for a second and disappears then.

Yes I noticed this flickering, I believe it should now be fixed

Unable to read the messages even after refreshing the page and updating the browser.

Some general improvements have been pushed, and there are more to come today (around conversation issues).

Is it just the conversation page that doesn't work for you? Did you try to fully reload the page? Feel free to send me a screenshot or screen recording. It looks like your browser may be outdated. I will try to see tomorrow if there is anything I can improve.

My past chats show up, but the problem occurs when I try to open any of them; only a blank page is displayed. I tried refreshing. There’s no way to send you a screenshot since this would require open a chat.
As for my browser, it’s up to date from what I know. I updated it recently.

I'm not receiving the usual notification dots for new messages.
I've checked, and this is happening consistently with all new messages.
It seems that all new messages are automatically marked as read, even though I haven't viewed them yet.

(Im on a Windows PC)
and also the lagging is getting worse