Large update: notice a bug? Let us know! News and updates

Hello all,

We just released a very large technical update, which should theoretically have no impact on user experience.
This update will pave the way for future improvements/features that would have otherwise been difficult to implement due to aging software.

If you notice anything wrong/broken, please let us know, it really helps!

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the message!
Are there new functions or features which were releases?

Are there new functions or features which were releases?

Not today - only minor improvements and bugfixes. Just making sure this update doesn't break stuff, then new features will be coming in the next few weeks. We're going to be introducing emoji reactions on messages and posts soon. 🙂

NEW MEMBERS On Profile ... displayed: ...
NOW ONLINE: ...

This is because the age on your profile is 91 and there are virtually no users over 70 years old. This is an edge case other people don't experience, but it will still be improved in the next few months

The web page header is often obscured a little, and I don't know how to solve it (of course, this has nothing to do with this update).

Yes indeed this seems to be an issue. The advertisements are overlaying the close or e.g. log off button.

The web page header is often obscured a little, and I don't know how to solve it (of course, this has nothing to do with this update).

Can you take a screenshot and send it to me so I know what you're talking about?

The advertisements are overlaying the close or e.g. log off button.

The ad placements can be annoying, Google sometimes takes over the page even though it shouldn't. I will try to see what settings I can tweak to make it less annoying.

...it 'came' with the NEW UPDATE. The NEW members were
displayed before, Etienne. I don't see any meaningful reason
why a '91-Year-Old' should not see ALL the NEW MEMBERS...

Well, I am looking forward to the changes and will set my
metabolic-age 'til the the moment of change... 🙂

You're right this was changed today, it is actually now working as intended (it didn't use to). The reason why there is a strict age limit in place is because sometimes there are 40 year-old dudes who will try to find every way possible to reach underage girls. Not everyone is well intended in this world, unfortunately. We will be introducing new settings to fine tune who can talk to who in the future, but it takes a lot of work. For now we are essentially resorting to the poor man's band aid by restricting this panel to same age members.

that's good...😛
but I have a question since I've been here:Why people are restricted from doing something

I hope we can build group here (

I hope we can build group here (
I agree😛

I think the new update doesn't allow us to send pictures to each other in the private conversation.

Each time i want to change the link , like im going to chats from my dashboard, it doesnt work as smooth as it used to be, its like no animation on it .

Its a bit annoying for me🙂

Edited by Parsaa .

I can still send pictures, Azmin.

When I go on a profile and want to look which countries and citys the person already visited, there are no red (where I live) and orange (visited) dots anymore. When I move the cursor on the countries that are coloured orange, it shows the country name and when I aim on the place where a city might be it also shows the city name. But again, without the dots.

Christine

I can still send pictures, Azmin.

When I go on a profile and want to look which countries and citys the person already visited, there are no red (where I live) and orange (visited) dots anymore. When I move the cursor on the countries that are coloured orange, it shows the country name and when I aim on the place where a city might be it also shows the city name. But again, without the dots.

Christine

Maybe bugs are different fro everyone, because i can see those orange and red dots, clearly

but I have a question since I've been here:Why people are restricted from doing something

Restricted from doing what? If you mean the inability to talk to people much older than you, it is to protect you.

I hope we can build group here

The entire website revolves around meeting individuals (1-1 conversations), and group discussions are exclusive to the forum/chatroom. There will probably not be private group conversations.

I think the new update doesn't allow us to send pictures to each other in the private conversation.

Works fine on my end, this part was one of the few things that remained untouched. Can you try with a different file maybe? Did you make sure to fully refresh the page before retrying?

Each time i want to change the link , like im going to chats from my dashboard, it doesnt work as smooth as it used to be, its like no animation on it .

What do you mean "going to chats from my dashboard"? Feel free to record a clip and send it to me if you think that would help.

Thank you, I can reproduce the issue (it only affects other profiles, not your own). It will be fixed today.

'something'means:1.add the other guys here.
2.say something in the forum.

Edited by Etienne .

It works already 🙂, Thank you, Etienne

Etienne is the best administrator there could be👍