Woud you like to meet your favorite penpal in real life? Anything and everything

We were recently approached by Turkish Airlines that would like to feature the real life meeting of penpals. If you have made online friends through Penpal-Gate and would like to have the opportunity to finally meet them in real life, let me know and we'll try to make it happen.

Here is the message:

To celebrate Friendship Day, Turkish Airlines wants to reunite two pen pals

They are looking for a touching story of two pen pals that have been writing to each other over the years and have either never met or have not seen each other for a few years. The airline will fly the pair to Istanbul to reunite them and film the reunion for a short video (around 1 minute) to be published on its social media channels. Flights and accommodation will be covered and a passport is needed for travel. The participants should be living in two different countries, be available for two days filming before mid-July and happy to be featured on the social media channels (YouTube and Instagram).

If you are interested, send a brief summary of story (how and when you started, if you have met since, if you are still in touch) and where you now live and they will contact you if they think you might be suitable.

Feel free to PM me your story, preferably by Thursday 27 June. 🙂

Thanks!

Edit: added information

Edit by Etienne .

Bonsoir !
Oui, ça pourrait être intéressant de rencontrer les personnes avec lesquelles on correspond sur ce site ! Ça serait possible en étant mineur ?
Autre question : qu'en est-il de cette idée de documentaire (à la fin du message de la compagnie aérienne) ? Si jamais ce projet se concrétise, on sera filmés ?

Amazing idea and I would love to try but I guess it's impossible for me
Anyway I have one beautiful story that I would love to share!

Edit by Biskup .

I've made a couple of good friends in here, the idea of meeting in real life is amazing! I would surely love to

Ça serait possible en étant mineur ?

Are minors eligible?

Avec autorisation parentale, peut-être. Je pourrai confirmer avec eux si besoin.

Possibly with parents' approval.

Autre question : qu'en est-il de cette idée de documentaire (à la fin du message de la compagnie aérienne) ? Si jamais ce projet se concrétise, on sera filmés ?

What is this documentary? Are they going to film us?

Ce serait une sorte de mini spot publicitaire je crois. Le tout serait filmé et sponsorisé par la compagnie aérienne.

It looks like it will be some kind of short ad clip. Yes they would be filming, the whole event would be sponsored by the airline.

What kind of story is the airline looking for?
I have a friend I met in here for like 3 years, we talk about everything, support each other in hard times sometimes, not a great story, but it is one haha

I have a friend I met in here for like 3 years, we talk about everything, support each other in hard times sometimes, not a great story, but it is one haha
I don't know any more than what I posted but I would think this is the kind of story they're looking for. 🙂

wow! sounds cool

So cool!

I don't know any more than what I posted but I would think this is the kind of story they're looking for. 🙂
That's awesome actually, I would like to participate!

Moi aussi j'ai fait une connaissance ici et on s'est déjà croisés, ça s'est bien passé ! Bonne chance !

I've met like 25 people from here. Mostly from Europe. Yet there are still some people who I never got to meet. But also people who I've met and went on a trip, went bungee jumping or visit a theme park

Amazing idea. Yes there are many friends here and even one in particular whom I want to meet. It'd be nice if we can.

Ahh great! To be honest, most of my truly close PP friends are here less then before, me myself included. Idk what happened but PP has changed, and that's oke, part of life. I myself miss the busy chatroom-days where I came home from school and logged on immediately to meet some friends here. The guys and girls remaining from those days I would like to meet. We don't speak that much anymore @Billal-Mer, @Katty and @MMarta but I'd meet u anytime!

Maybe now I would finally be able to meet a few awesome Italian penpals!

Great idea! I am relatively new here so I didn't have enough time to have a favorite penpal but I am happy that someone can take this opportunity.

Magnifique idée.
Ce serait merveilleux de rencontrer physiquement des personnes avec qui l'on s'épanouit sur ce site.

That's a nice idea