technical question Anything and everything

Really, a good idea !!!!!

Really, a good idea !!!!!
Thanks. I think so. ( I like your orange spiral, Tony).

I do wonder- do people in charge take suggestions for changes? how likely is it that someone will read this and make the changes or at least discusses the reason why it can't happen? Just curious.

I do wonder- do people in charge take suggestions for changes? how likely is it that someone will read this and make the changes or at least discusses the reason why it can't happen? Just curious.

I'm in charge of the community, however I'm just a volunteer so I can hardly spend more than a few hours a week during my spare time 🙂.
By the way I forgot to mention: keep your sorting to "relevance" when searching for other members, that's when age similarity kicks in.

I'm in charge of the community, however I'm just a volunteer so I can hardly spend more than a few hours a week during my spare time 🙂.

So, do you have the power to add "Age" as one of the filters? And if so, how can we convince you?

So, do you have the power to add "Age" as one of the filters? And if so, how can we convince you?

Ha, yes age can technically be added, it just would just take a little work.
Have you tried a blank or country search, sorted by relevance? If so, did you notice any improvement? If not, feel free to let me know what your exact search you did and I'll take a look.

Have you tried a blank or country search, sorted by relevance?

So if i pick relevance and add language spoken (english) i get a very long list of people. First 20 or so are about 30, the next 20 or so are young (15- to 22). So it's a bit weird, it's almost like there is a limited number of 30-years old. I assumed that there were a lot of members here, so the number of each age group should be bigger than the few that pop up. But maybe it's also based on who is logged in/online? Either way it's interesting.

I've decided too that i don't really need to search for them and instead i will let the right people find me. 🙂

So if i pick relevance and add language spoken (english) i get a very long list of people. First 20 or so are about 30, the next 20 or so are young (15- to 22). So it's a bit weird, it's almost like there is a limited number of 30-years old. I assumed that there were a lot of members here, so the number of each age group should be bigger than the few that pop up. But maybe it's also based on who is logged in/online? Either way it's interesting.

Thanks for your feedback. My first guess would be that other members that are 30+ haven't logged in in a while therefore have been pushed down the list. I can think of a couple of ways the algorithm could be improved. That said, most people on here speak English and many don't necessarily bother filling out their profile completely, so not requiring "English" as a spoken language should yield even more results.

not requiring "English" as a spoken language should yield even more results.

Yes, but if i find 30-something year olds who don't speak English, that clearly doesn't help in my search. 🙂

But don't worry. I have decided that they can find me instead of me finding them.
So, come and find me- right people- here i am! 😛