Do you know about Korea? Anything and everything

i kmow korea because it is good in archery. there are a lot of good company that produce archery products.. iknow it for gam gam style song. 🙂

I want to go to Korea because their drama and music fascinated me. Kudos to the writers for creating great dramas.
Plus I love their food like samgyeopsal and tteokboki and I want to try their other dishes.

I recently started reading a book about Korean history, I can read 한글 and know a couple of words.

A few years ago got in touch with Korean movies. Have watched lots of masterpieces so far. And, last September have finally visited Seoul. It was unforgettable.)

i know Yi Sang,but i cant find his books in CNA X(

I wish Korea could unite again…
So many families separated by a almost uncrossable border…

Imagine your family being divided in two groups
One part in a dictatorship full of poverty and tears, the other part in a republic full of uncertainty and regrets (the regrets of an United Korea)… Some people do not even know if their family is still alive at the other side of the border… Even 70 years after the Korean War

(For those who do not know, the Korean War is a war that lasted three years (1950-1953) which started when North Korea (Supported by communist countries) invaded South Korea (Supported by the USA and other UN countries), the war was extremely violent and led to the separation of Korea into two countries, North Korea and South Korea)

Nowadays, the «« demilitarized »» border is heavily armed, it is kept by numerous soldiers. It is uncrossable, and whoever crosses it in front of the soldiers can trigger an important diplomatic incident. So people in the two Koreas can’t see each other.

I advise you to go look for videos about events organized by both Koreas, about a very few families (which are chosen by lottery) to meet each other 70 years after their separation. It’s really emotional to see people reuniting after so much time…

Others have to flee (The great majority of « deserters » come from North Korea to go to the South.) Sometimes, when a part of the family leaves, the other part suffers from the reprisals of the North Korean regime. What’s more, some North Koreans have to go to China, then all the way down to Thailand, to finally get back to South Korea.

A people with a millennial history divided by ideologies and politics… I think they really should throw off these ideologies and unite again as one and only Korea. Both regimes indeed aspire to a United Korea… But under they ideology…

I kind of have lesser hopes about Korea Uniting, as we see both Koreas threatening each other with bombings and allied attacks. Each Korea claims the other one as part of its territory.

Instead of claiming one as part of another, they really should unite independently from any other country’s interference (whether the USA, China, Russia, or Japan… I do not want to target anyone here)

Even if it is really unlikely to happen right now, I still carry a little hope that Korea unifies again as once and for all, and that the Korean families meet again without needing to be chosen by lottery to participate in a one in a lifetime event (Imagine losing at lottery and knowing you won’t meet your family for a long time again), without having to prove loyalty to any head of state, without having to already say goodbye to your relatives at the end of the event to return to your other Korea… Imagine it is your parents, imagine if it was a brother or a sister, a friend… Wouldn’t that be painful ???

I didn’t want to make this subject political, but I really think it is important to think about it. I see in the messages above that you guys are interested in Korea 🙂 then you should also know about its history which should not be forgotten.

Despite everything, let’s hope that Korea Unites one day. 🇰🇵🤝🇰🇷

Edit by Sabri.KC .

Very good dishes!

Psy, Kpop (BTS), Korean dramas, North and South Koreas, Kim Chen In, Bong Joon-ho, also many Korean films (살인의 추억, 殺人의 追憶 ; 올드보이 ; 기생충)