Forced Marriage Everyday life and customs

Do any of you live in a forced marriage? What are your personal experiences?

Today I happened to read a report that affected me very much.

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your concerns about forced marriages.

In an Indian perspective, it is indeed a sensitive and important topic to discuss. While I cannot speak for everyone, I can provide you with some insights and information on the matter.

Forced marriages are a complex issue prevalent in some parts of India. It is crucial to distinguish between arranged marriages and forced marriages, as they are distinct practices. Arranged marriages are a longstanding cultural tradition where families play a significant role in selecting potential partners for their children, considering factors such as compatibility, family background, and shared values. Consent is generally sought from both individuals involved.

On the other hand, forced marriages involve coercion, where one or both individuals are compelled into a marital union against their will. This practice goes against the principles of consent, individual choice, and human rights. Unfortunately, some individuals, predominantly women, continue to face the distressing reality of forced marriages in certain communities and regions.

please let me know, and I will be glad to assist you further.

Kind regards,
RD