Nasty dishes Everyday life and customs

I'm curious, which dish from your national cuisine would you pick out as the most disgusting/unappetizing??

I would definitively choose the roquefort. It is a very famous and appreciated cheese in France.
Basically, this cheese doesn't affect your health, but its particularity is that it is also composed of Penicillium roqueforti, a species of fungi (these fungi are also not bad for your health, but imagine eating a fungi cheese... Eww)

Edit by Sabri.KC .

i guess it is the “casu marzu”, don’t look up for it, i warned you.

Smalahove (Cooked sheep's head)

Red Ant Chutney: a tangy chutney is a much sought after dish by the local tribals in Chhattisgarh.
Eww, I haven’t tried it and no way I’m gonna eat that!!!

Kholodets (also known as studen') is the worst thing I ever seen. Looks horrible but some people like it. It is kind of meat in jellied meat broth with vegetables. Jellied meat broth. What do you think about it?

“Gebratenes Schweinehirn” means fried pig brain…the pig’s brain is fried in butter and salted and pepperd. That it is, but it is disgusting! A dish like taken out from a horror film! The fried brain gets ugly flesh bubbles too…pure terror on the table!

Kholodets (also known as studen') is the worst thing I ever seen. Looks horrible but some people like it. It is kind of meat in jellied meat broth with vegetables. Jellied meat broth. What do you think about it?
I looked on the internet, and actually I find that it does not look that disgusting ! I even find it a bit cute ! I think it's the jelly texture that's bothersome, isn't it?

I looked on the internet, and actually I find that it does not look that disgusting ! I even find it a bit cute ! I think it's the jelly texture that's bothersome, isn't it?
Yes, indeed. I can eat jelly but not when it is made of broth

I think it's "Kutteln" it's intestines in sauce with potatoes

I think it's "Kutteln" it's intestines in sauce with potatoes
Ja! Kutteln sind widerlich!

ElizavetaFrolova

21, from Russia

2 days ago

and I like(холодец) jellied meat, with mustard - very tasty .. the taste of childhood. I grew up in siberia. often done in winter.

ElizavetaFrolova

21, from Russia

2 days ago

and I like(холодец) jellied meat, with mustard - very tasty .. the taste of childhood. I grew up in siberia. often done in winter.

ElizavetaFrolova

21, from Russia

2 days ago

Dear Alexej, Kholodets looks like a dish, that we in Germany call "Sülze". I think you love it or you hate it! I love it! "Sülze" with a good piece of bread and a good mostard is a dream! Greetings to Russia!

Boiled okra

“Gebratenes Schweinehirn” means fried pig brain…the pig’s brain is fried in butter and salted and pepperd. That it is, but it is disgusting! A dish like taken out from a horror film! The fried brain gets ugly flesh bubbles too…pure terror on the table!

Oh wow that sounds terrible. 🤢
I reallyyyy dislike hete bliksem. It's a typical dish from the toen I live in in the Netherlands. It's not nationally known.

Oh wow that sounds terrible. 🤢
I reallyyyy dislike hete bliksem. It's a typical dish from the toen I live in in the Netherlands. It's not nationally known.

Ja, het is wreselijk! Hartelijke groeten naar Nederland!😃

Boiled okra

What's wrong with okra??

Liver casserole