Patriotic songs from your country Politics and governments

Share patriotic songs from your country !

Edit by Sabri.KC .

https://youtu.be/Iab33qfDW-g
This song is amazing. It tells about struggle polish soldiers during II world war in Italy in the hill "Monte Cassino". In my opinion this song deserves to be national anthem of Poland.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y3Oqzz8sx8

That's incredible one. With recordings even.

God save the queen was a great national anthem but now Charles is king it should be changed to God save Britain 🇬🇧 🙂

God save the queen was a great national anthem but now Charles is king it should be changed to God save Britain 🇬🇧 🙂
Oh, wasn’t it changed to « God save the King » instead ? 😮

Sabri.kc
It probably was but don't really pay attention to the monarchy etc line that but it should be changed to God save Britian because with him as king were screwed
He didn't want to be king anyway so his hearts not going to be in it

Sabri.kc
It probably was but don't really pay attention to the monarchy etc line that but it should be changed to God save Britian because with him as king were screwed
He didn't want to be king anyway so his hearts not going to be in it
Ohh okay... 😮

Well... patriotic for me means... my city, my one and only, my Cologne :-*

There are hundreds, maybe even thousands of songs about Cologne... but I have chosen these:

1. from the Cologne band "Kasalla" , sung in Cologne dialect: Mer sin eins (German: "Wir sind eins" = Engl: "We are one") -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOVYt1EUhkk

2. from another Cologne band "Bläck Fööss", sung in Cologne dialect, too: "Du bes die Stadt" (German: "Du bist die Stadt", Engl: "You are the city")
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf9BEUuoOx0

3. the only Cologne patriotic song from which I know it's sung in English by the Cologne singer "Tommy Düx": "Forever Cologne"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6L8OWY6xwA

PS: ...and because this is about patriotic songs worldwide here... and because I'm an US lover and Nascar fan I cannot leave without my all-time-fave, this US patriotic song, a classic from the 80s:
Lee Greenwood: "God bless the USA" <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KoXt9pZLGM

《露营之歌》 ——东北抗联

(一)
铁岭绝岩,林木丛生,暴雨狂风,荒原水畔战马鸣。
围火齐团结,普照满天红。同志们!锐志那怕松江晚浪生。
起来呀!果敢冲锋,逐日寇,复东北,天破晓,光华万丈涌。
(二)
浓荫蔽天,野花弥漫,湿云低暗,足溃汗滴气喘难。
烟火冲空起,蚊吮血透衫。战士们!热忱踏破兴安万重山。
奋斗啊!重任在肩,突封锁,破重围,曙光至,黑暗一扫完。
(三)
荒田遍野,白露横天,夜火晶莹,敌垒频惊马不前。
草枯金风急,霜晨火不燃。弟兄们!镜泊瀑泉唤起午梦酣。
携手吧!共赴国难,振长缨,缚强奴,山河变,片刻息烽烟。
(四)
朔风怒号,大雪飞扬,征马踟蹰,冷气侵人夜难眠。
火烤胸前暖,风吹背后寒。壮士们!精诚奋发横扫嫩江原。
伟志兮!何能消灭。全民族,各阶级,团结起,夺回我河山。

Patriotism is for assholes!

Anarchist?🤔

Anarchist?🤔

Or she thinks that patriotism - extermists, burning the outsiders, hailling *put name of dictator*.

Because I don't have other idea why anyone could call person that cares and loves country an asshole.

Anarchist?🤔

Or she thinks that patriotism - extermists, burning the outsiders, hailling *put name of dictator*.

Because I don't have other idea why anyone could call person that cares and loves country an asshole.

The song you posted confirms the assumption you are criticising.
But that is the only thing you yourself associate with patriotism. To be honest, it is not so smart to associate patriotism with militarism. And you do that yourself.

Anarchist?🤔

But that is the only thing you yourself associate with patriotism. To be honest, it is not so smart to associate patriotism with militarism. And you do that yourself.

Of course patriotism can be associated with militarism, especially when it comes to being attacked, it's honorable to defend Your country and all what You consider as Your country.

Also - You translated this song even? Or You see the soldier and for You it means evil and hell?

Anarchist?🤔

Of course patriotism can be associated with militarism, especially when it comes to being attacked, it's honorable to defend Your country and all what You consider as Your country.

Also - You translated this song even? Or You see the soldier and for You it means evil and hell?

I am shocked at your reasoning.
The only thing you can think of for patriotism is murder, killing, soldiers and such utter nonsense.
I could be proud of a country that cares about people, about the climate. Patriots hang on to a time that hasn't existed for a long time. They are backward-looking, weak and think in structures that are not up to date.

Anarchist?🤔

I am shocked at your reasoning.
The only thing you can think of for patriotism is murder, killing, soldiers and such utter nonsense.
I could be proud of a country that cares about people, about the climate. Patriots hang on to a time that hasn't existed for a long time. They are backward-looking, weak and think in structures that are not up to date.

You don't even know all things that I consider as patriotic.

You took one song, You took my one message where I was answering for Your accuse of me thinking about patriotism as only military thing, now You are doing it again.

And another thing You missed - no, its not past time, wars are common element of humanity and we have big war with crimes on our west side.

You are not up to date if You don't even know what is happening currently.

Before You shallowly throw accusation next time, I recommend You to ask, before You follow You prejudices about someone.

At what point does patriotism help in the current situation? Tell me!
You yourself have only connected patriotism with militarism. It was not me!
I refer only to your argumentation.
I do not want to deal with you or with your opinion about anything.

At what point does patriotism help in the current situation? Tell me!
You yourself have only connected patriotism with militarism. It was not me!
I refer only to your argumentation.
I do not want to deal with you or with your opinion about anything.

And where You took from that connecting patriotism with militarism? Quote me.

Yes, patriotism helps for example by making people determined to defend their homeland in many ways: by fighting with weapon, by helping others, by not leaving, by efforts to rebuild their country, by sending supplies, by caring about their national identity, traditions, and values. Not just because they want to help others, but because people feels a part of their country, they want it to exist, it's their society and noone have right to take it from them, unless they are doing terrible things to others.

While many of them, or most of them could just leave and live somewhere in the world, they don't.

If You are not going to deal with somebody's opinion, then don't take a voice in conversation, because You will be showing just ignorance.

You didnt get my argumentation yet. I told You that I don't link patriotism with militarism only, You made it up, so stop, because I don't like when people are putting unspoken words in my mouth, making a false image of me in this way.