Do you agree to the death penalty ? Politics and governments

I don't support the death penalty ! I think that if a killer is killed by the justice, there is one death more... And I'm not sure it gives help to the victim's familie. Does the death of the killer will help them to forget their pain ? I don't think so.... It makes the things more complicated and difficult to live everyday....
And there is maybe another ways to fight against the murder... For instance, in the USA, maybe if they ban to carry guns, they will have less persons to kill by lethal injection.... And, since few years, with the science's progress, we discover that more and more persons were not guilty but have been executed !! (I think about DNA). And lethal injection makes suffer the criminal before to death... Moreover, it's difficult to manage to do the injection... Nurses or doctors have to try several times before to make it successfully... And the death isn't immediate.
The prison is better... And I think too that the criminal will suffer all his life to have killed someone.. One thing more about the wonderful country which is Amerika : a lot of persons assist at the execution. The family of the condamned, but also the press !! It's really exhibitionnist... and disrespectfull for the person which will be dead in few moments...
And, if we have to execute all the killers, what about those who suffer of mental illnesses ? And do all the ways to execute someone are good ? In Pakistan ? In China ?

If murderers are sentenced to death and executed, possible murderers will think twice before killing, for fear of loosing their own life. Not all criminals don't fear death. This may reduce serious crimes such as murder. Death penalty is a must only for intentional murder, which is why mental illnesses don't count. I personally think that not have a death penalty at all is a dangerous move. It's a must have but only for very serious crimes such as murder. The problem is since most of us fear prison, we assumed that most criminals do too. If our thoughts are very similar to most (but not all) criminals, then many of us would've done crimes too. We don't do most ( again, not all) crimes because we know they're wrong and not only because of the law. That's not the case for the criminals. Stricter laws don't necessarily prevent crimes but at least they could prevent some criminals from doing far more serious crimes. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

I was deeply against death penalty, but when I'm watching what's goin' on in Europe I'm changing my opinion. Do we really have so much money especially now in the time of Big Crisis to afford Breivik's life in prison when different people don't have money for education some others even for food?

My opinion ? At somes moments I say yes for and at somes others moments I say no for this. In USA and China I know the death penalty exist again but in many countries of the world the death penalty don't exist since longtime now. For the persons who do again the crimes hardly they are gone out of the prison ; Yes I think but for the others not.

One could say that killing a murderer is a way to protect the society, but I really don't suscribe to this point of view : when a nation kills its citizens, no matter if they are murderers or not, it only drives the people used to violence and slaughter... Death penalty can only found violent societies, even if it doesn't seem to be its aim.

No!!!! of course
Killing people is a crime.... Do you solve a crime by making another crime?Where is the logic? You do what you punish... Moreover... a lot of people have been killed thanks to it without any reason ,( I mean a lot of innocents people have been killed), and you can't be sure at 100% that soemeone is guilty.
Years in prison is a better way to punish big crimes cuz it makes people think about what they did...

I am not even sure that prison has ever really helped anyone, but this is another debate !
Except from that detail, I agree with you : that method doesn't make any sense, and it can drive, of course, to irreparable mistakes.

From a religious point of view what right does a government to decide between life and death of another person. That is for God to decide. However, saying that a rule for all religions is this golden rule. Treat others as you wish to be treated. You kill someone the same consequences will work upon you. Death penalty is probably the best out of many crappy solutions. In many countries criminals are locked up with food, bed, hot shower and medical care. E.g in New zealand there is a prison with a pool table and a gym and much more. There are even cases of people going to prison just to have free medical care that would cost them alot out of prison. And all this at the expense of our taxes. Criminals deserve a lesson what they inflict on others cannot be forgotten. Some pain are so hurtful and cannot be described. You cannot say revenge is a bad thing when you have not experienced the same pain e.g losing a loved one to a hitman. Death Penalty as I said is the best out of many crappy solutions.

No!!!! of course
Killing people is a crime.... Do you solve a crime by making another crime?Where is the logic? You do what you punish... Moreover... a lot of people have been killed thanks to it without any reason ,( I mean a lot of innocents people have been killed), and you can't be sure at 100% that soemeone is guilty.
Years in prison is a better way to punish big crimes cuz it makes people think about what they did...
years in prison= our tax money spent on them looking after them building more prisons for them their healthcare and wellbeing e.t.c at our expense when these people are trying to destroy our society?

I'm not religious so I do support it. I believe their life is something people don't want to risk. Also, there will be a lot less people who do crime just to get to live in the prison with nothing much to worry about (as in, why should one work and live like a good citizen if (s)he can just disobey the law and suck on the taxes?)

Edit by Sim0na .

Well, my country believes in the death penalty, however, I'm very skeptical about it. But sometimes it can take 20 or more years for the death penalty to be followed through with. I do highly believe there are people who commit horrible crimes that should be killed for their wrongdoings, but the way the system works here, it would cost much less for the person to get a life sentence, which is almost the same thing in respect to seeing the outside world again. So I believe the death penalty is useful, but only for the most horrendous of crimes.

in some cases it is right....as in case of ajmal kasab
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajmal_Kasab

Hello,
If you are seeking to find houses for rent, houses for sale, flats for rent and anything else property related in the Spain area. YespanYa Property is your number one online website if you are searching for houses for sale, you can search by an array of dimensions including bedrooms and property type, you can also narrow your search down to price or amenities. On the other hand if you are looking to sell your house or flat in Spain, then there is no better place to list it then YespanYa Property, put your ad in front of millions of local and national buyers.

[url=http://www.yespanya.com]Torrevieja property[/url]
[url=http://www.yespanya.com]Villamartin property[/url]

I do not agree to this -,- no123

Until the death penalty won't be abolish in the whole world, the mankind cannot be said to be superior to the animal. Thousands of years have shown us the death penalty does not prevent any type of crime: robberies and murders continue to plauge the world and the only thing the death penalty had caused is a larger number of victims. These are facts, not ideas.

"A murderer must repay with his life". that's right ! !
it's Chinese traditional view existed several thousand of years. No death in the law is not fit for Chinese traditional culture. I belive most of Chinese won't agree. Respecting human right from west is not a good thing completely.

killing a murderer makes you just the same, only you can justify it. besides that, a murderer will have a hard time in prison, at least, I hope he/she will

In the USA the methods of death penalty are electrocution,shooting,lethal gas,hanging, and lethal injection, And yes I personally do believe the death penalty should be in place.