Proverbs, quotes, sayings, quips.... English

When many people get together, there must be someone giving us lessons. I'd better see the advantages and learn from them, meanwhile find out the bad side to avoid mistakes. --Confucius
三人行,必有我师焉。择其善者而从之,其不善者而改之。——孔子

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
Is it true...but unfortunelly when we are growing up,our imagination is leaving...what you think?

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)
Wow I have to say that...this is the wrong meaning 😮ops
The original saying means this: those who are born with knowledge are brilliant; people who keep learning and finally attain knowledge are doing well; not learning until getting into trouble is a little bit unwise, while those who don't study even though they meet problems are completely foolish.

“Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.”

Albert Einstein

« Beauty is truth, truth beauty, - that is all
Ye know on Earth, and all ye need to know. »

John Keats

Scottish Proverb

"Be slow in choosing a friend but slower in changing him."

“He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.” - Elbert Hubbard.
“Conscience and cowardice are really the same things, Basil. Conscience is the trade-name of the firm. That is all.” - Oscar Wilde.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
...John Adams (Second American President) US writer

You must be the change you want to see in the world
Gandhi

Hello 😃

ON OLD AGE & AGING

- It takes a long time to grow young.
Pablo Picasso

- Please don ' t retouch my wrinkles. It took me so long to earn them.
Anna Magnani
- First you forget names, then you forget faces, then you forget to
pull your zipper up, then you forget to pull your zipper down.
Leo Rosenberg

- Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty -
they merely move it from their faces into their hearts.
Martin Buxbaum

- Ageing seems to be the only available way to live a long life.
Daniel Auber

- Youth is the gift of nature, but age is the work of art.
Garson

- Your life is a gift from the Creator. Your gift back to the Creator is
what you do with your life.
Billy Mills

- Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
Chili Davis

- Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs.
Unkown

Edit by qamarabas .

"Big pains prevent feeling the little pains and in the nonexistence of big pains, little pains and anxieties make us gain more pain than big one instead." Arthur Schopenhauer

"Lots of men can be seduced by a beautiful face. Nature encourages women to show their beauty in a flash. But nature also hides that women includes such a harmnesses as implacable expenses, child love, stubbornness, obstinacy, getting older -especially after a few years-, cheating, deceiting their husband, whims, strange curiosities, hysteria crisis, hell and devil. Therefore I see the marriage as a debt that we borrow when we are young and pay it when we are old." Arthur Schopenhaueur

"Love is libido." Sigmund Freud

"Human is more ethic than you think and the most unethic that you can't think." Sigmund Freud

"If someone looks somewhere, there's somethink s/he is interested in; but if someone never looks somewhere, there's absolutely somethink s/he is really interested in." Sigmund Freud

"The thing which doesn't kill me improves me." Frederich Wilhelm Nietzsche

"Go up to a throne if you want. The place you'll sit is your ass." Frederich Wilhelm Nietzsche

And this is mine for you all:

"People who love won't complain about their hands and feet are tied and people who abhor will be able to do everything they want to do as long as they will be able to pay it soon."

Chinese Philosophy

沒錢的時候,在家裡吃野菜;有錢的時候,在酒店吃野菜。
When without money, eat wild vege at home;
When have money, eat same wild vege in fine restaurant.
沒錢的時候,在馬路上騎自行車;有錢的時候,在客廳裡騎自行車。
When without money, ride bicycle;
When have money, ride exercise machine.
沒錢的時候,想結婚;有錢的時候,想離婚。
When without money, wish to get married;
When have money, wish to get divorced.
沒錢的時候 ,老婆兼秘書;有錢的時候,秘書兼老婆。
When without money, wife becomes secretary;
When have money, secretary becomes wife.
沒錢的時候,假裝有錢;有錢的時候,假裝沒錢。
When without money, act like rich man;
When with money, act like poor man.
人 啊,都不講實話:
Man, O Man, never tells the truth:
說股票是毒品,都在玩;說金錢是罪惡,都在撈;
Says share market is bad but keeps speculating;
Says money is evil but keeps accumulating.
說美女是禍水,都想要;說高處不勝寒,都在爬;
Says high positions are lonely but keeps wanting them.
說煙酒傷身體,就不戒;說天堂最美好,都不去!!!
Says smoking & drinking is bad but keeps partaking;
Says heaven is good but refuse to go.
鄉下早晨雞叫人,城裡晚上人叫雞;
人生是什麼?

“Men don’t care what’s on TV. They only care what else is on TV.”

“Artificial Intelligence usually beats natural stupidity.”

“Nothing improves the memory more than trying to forget.”

-You are not your job, you're not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You are not your f****** khakis. You are all singing, all dancing crap of the world.-
― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

----------------------------------------

-The things you used to own, now they own you.
― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“A committee is a group of people who individually can do nothing but together can decide that nothing can be done.” – Fred Allen

“A compromise is an agreement whereby both parties get what neither of them wanted.” –

"everything will be okay at the end and if not then it's not the end " 🙂