Am I the only person who hates the modern Musik ? Films, music, TV

Hello , I ´m fascinated by bands such as Pink Floyd , ELO or The Alan Parson Project but when ever I turn on the Radio I feel like avoided from the great music by those modern musicians . Am I the only person who feels like this?

No, you’re definitely not.
It’s not that one type of music is better than the other, but most music these days is just not meaningful at all. It’s made to be sold, not to be heard. And nevertheless to be understood or felt

I agree with Irina..
I am not against all types of modern music, there are some not bad musicians and songs...But unfortunately, some of them are talentless but too confident. So their music and songs are meaningless and so silly. Well, I think so.

You're not the only one. I don't hate modern music, but I don't love it either. My favorite band is the Beatles, and I love ABBA, Johnny Cash, and other older bands and musicians.

Yes , but you need a studio to record songs like "us and them" (Pink Floyd) not a computer and that ´s what me hits most.

Actually, I love some modern musics... But not the commercial sh*t that is currently on the "top"...
I prefer more atypical current musics like Adrian von Ziegler, Clamavi de Profondis, Metal bands, etc. that pass under the plebeian popularity

Here is the song that I'm currently listen to while writing this post:
Adrian von Ziegler - Forest Rites

It depends on the music for me. I'm into more meaningful, and inspiring music these days. I suggest Lady Gaga's new album, Chromatica, if you're into things like that. It's an album that goes through her struggles, but is full of 1990's, and 2000's dance, house, disco, and techno music.

Modern music is not only modern mainstream music. I love rappers with good texts like Keny Arkana, metal and punk bands. I know certain underground grindcor bands who still make their albums in audio tapes and distribuate them in squats or in festivals.

Well, maybe we shouldn't define it as modern music but synthetic or electronic music since there are yet great musicians and bands performing in the modern scene. Eventhough I seriously think that 70s were the golden age for rock, 80s for punk, and 90s for heavy metal.

It's a question of offer. I'm sure there's still interesting and good music invented and made today...but in the constantly growing ocean of triviality (thanks to social media) it's nowadays harder to find the pearls.

No, you're not the only one, but a lot of the people who don't like modern music are my age (50's, 60's and above) who get stuck with what they were listening to when they were in high school and college.

I love modern music, but I don't love a lot of the top 40 commercial music. I'm not a fan of rap because I prefer more melody and interesting instrumentation that rap has to offer. It isn't that rap is bad, it's just that I don't appreciate it.

I used to love a lot of the bands you mentioned but I eventually grew tired of them and bored by the music I had heard so many times. There are a few older bands and artists I still love and listen to a lot (The Beatles, Alice Cooper, DEVO, Suzanne Vega, Pixies, Liz Phair, Alanis Morissette) but most of the ones I was listening to in the 60's, 70's and 80's have fallen by the wayside except for a few songs here and there. There are a few from the 90's that have fallen away, but from the 90's on I still listen to most of them and I think it's because I changed the way I listen to music. I listen to most of what I like in shuffle mode and go through all of the songs I like over a 5 to 15 month period (depending on how often I'm listening) before starting through all the songs again. I'm also constantly searching out new music to enjoy and adding some of it to my collection of music I like.

I actually love the variety of music available to me today and have several ways to find new music. I listen to new albums from groups I already enjoy and I use the suggestions from Spotify and other sites to find new ones. Here in the US we have Pandora.com that gives suggestions based on songs you like using a set of characteristics they made for part of a music genome project they created. I found most of the new music that I like between 2016 and 2017 using Pandora.

The other way I find great new music is by going to live shows and by listening to groups and artists I haven't heard before by seeing what they sound like before deciding to go to a show they're playing at. Of course that isn't possible these days, but I am so looking forward to go to live shows again.

There is lots of great music out there, you just need to find it.

I tend to like smaller, lesser known bands and artists. I also tend to prefer all female or female lead groups or groups with female vocals. Most of what I listen to is indie and alternative pop and rock but I also enjoy some big mainstream name artists. I also enjoy a bit of jazz, blues and country (especially bluegrass). Although I don't like much of Taylor Swift's country music I'm enjoying a lot of her pop music.

The 90s wasn't really the golden age of "Heavy" metal I think. Because there were less heavy bands for more thrash, black and death, even if there were also lots of power metal bands, and the power is nearer of heavy than the other kinds of metal.
And electro isn't so bad. There are musicians who made good electro like the French Jean-Michel Jarre, even if we can't call him a modern artist.
But even if you don't like commercial electro, you can listen trans, psytrans, hartech and Frenchcor. I think we can call them musicians because a computer can be an instrument too. Those musicians search new types of sounds, like their elders did with tcratch and with electric guitare.
And I think we should be objective : in the 40s 50s and 60s, the elders criticized rock'n'roll. In the 70s and 80, they criticized punk hardrock. In the 90s, they criticized metal and in the 200s, they criticized rap. And I'm sure our children will criticize what their children listen.

I’m sorry but yes, you are.

i hate most modern music too