Video games useful to help teenagers to learn a new language Games

I am interested to know your experience and your recommendations.

I'm resetting this thread which blew out of proportion and was out of context.

I'm resetting this thread which blew out of proportion and was out of context.

Thank you for your help.

Since there are no other responses on this topic i will give my experience with learning a language from video games.
When i was about 10 or so i got my first PC and with it one of this big collection boxes with 50 games or so. All game were in english and i only spoke german. But the games got me hooked and i still played them even though i didn’t understand next to nothing but i kept improving rather quickly.
Then with the introduction to the internet and mostly YouTube my english got really good. Today the fact that my english is so good helped me on numerous occasions whether at work or on holidays.

you can try this app called “Duolingo”. i learn French using this

I'd say a mmorpg is the best kind of game to learn a new language for it forces you to socialize and to be active. Unfortunately, it's not a very popular genre anymore and companies tend to do bad games nowadays.

Small games like Skribbl.io can eventually help to acquire some vocabulary.

Else, a RPG or heavily story based game can be interesting, but it's better if you have some skills in the language you learn in order to understand better.

Since there are no other responses on this topic i will give my experience with learning a language from video games.
When i was about 10 or so i got my first PC and with it one of this big collection boxes with 50 games or so. All game were in english and i only spoke german. But the games got me hooked and i still played them even though i didn’t understand next to nothing but i kept improving rather quickly.
Then with the introduction to the internet and mostly YouTube my english got really good. Today the fact that my english is so good helped me on numerous occasions whether at work or on holidays.

You're right, in fact, a friend of mine did a thesis about using video games in order to learn English. By the way, did you learn just words, I mean, vocabulary from video games?
I see that you mostly learned English from surfing on Internet, so was it mainly watching tutorials about video games or directly from videos about how to develop your English?

you can try this app called “Duolingo”. i learn French using this

Oui, c'est une bonne app, je l'en utilise et cette app ne prend past beaucoup de temps. Mais je pense en quelque chose pour submerge la personne dans la langue, pour ne traduire pas.

You're right, in fact, a friend of mine did a thesis about using video games in order to learn English. By the way, did you learn just words, I mean, vocabulary from video games?
I see that you mostly learned English from surfing on Internet, so was it mainly watching tutorials about video games or directly from videos about how to develop your English?

I think in my early days i learned mostly just words from games. I still learned to connect the words into simple sentences but nothing special. On the internet i didn’t specifically search for english training. I watched everything that interested me. And over time and of course things we learned at school it got to a good level.

Try Duolingo

Try Duolingo
It teachers in basic level. If you fully want to learn a language try joining classes.
P.S - I tried duolingo in first lockdown of 2020 with my carpool friends and learned a bit of French, which is now helping me in school 😌
So.. if you want to learn something before joining classes than duolingo is a great start I'd say

I'd say a mmorpg is the best kind of game to learn a new language for it forces you to socialize and to be active. Unfortunately, it's not a very popular genre anymore and companies tend to do bad games nowadays.

Small games like Skribbl.io can eventually help to acquire some vocabulary.

Else, a RPG or heavily story based game can be interesting, but it's better if you have some skills in the language you learn in order to understand better.

Bon points! Mais quelles idees as tu pour jouer dans l'interaction entre la personne qui aprendre et le ensegnant?

Try Duolingo
It teachers in basic level. If you fully want to learn a language try joining classes.
P.S - I tried duolingo in first lockdown of 2020 with my carpool friends and learned a bit of French, which is now helping me in school 😌
So.. if you want to learn something before joining classes than duolingo is a great start I'd say
I know that

When I was young I was playing Minecraft in English, which was plenty important in my English skills later, in school

When I was young I was playing Minecraft in English, which was plenty important in my English skills later, in school

Hello Rosie, I see that Minecraft has become very popular around the world, a couple of years ago a student in Ecuador told me he likes playing Minecraft

yess, it was movies in my case. Hollywood movies helped me a lot in learning English