PPG University - Wu Chinese Anything and everything

Hi everyone today I would like to introduce a language that in the eastern China.
This language has 3000 years history.There are about 90mio people use this language.it has bug difference from Mandarin Chinese.Take Shanghainese as an example, Shanghainese has 5 tones, but Mandarin only has 4 tones.Shanghaisee has 26 initial consonants.Mandarin has 21 initial consonants.So Shanghaiese and Wu Chinese are difficult to learn.And the biggest problem is that China vigorously promoted Mandarin in 1996.the teacher don't let the children speak their own language.So more and more people choose to speak Mandarin.In the 1996~2016, few parents let their children to speak Wu as their first language because the teacher at school only speak Mandarin.But now many people find that children are forget their mother language.So people in the Wu language area began to worry about that there is no one speak Wu Chinese anymore.So they began to protect this language.So I hope guys can help me to spread Wu Chinese.Thank u

If I have time, I will write down the pronunciation method of Shanghaiese here
So much for this thank you for reading this

As Far as I can see, language is also a reflection of the culture of a country, an area. Therefore, no matter what the majority language is, even if it is influenced from any other languages, the native languages should not be suppressed. Working to preserve the Chinese language is a very good thing.

Hi George,

thank you for your contribution.
I added it in NEWS Report

Christine

As Far as I can see, language is also a reflection of the culture of a country, an area. Therefore, no matter what the majority language is, even if it is influenced from any other languages, the native languages should not be suppressed. Working to preserve the Chinese language is a very good thing.
yeah I agree with u.language is very important