What is the language that this sentence in? Anything and everything

Lux sit.
I know that means:Let there be light.
But what language is this sentence written in?Latin?

yes it’s latin

Mmmh interesting fact...
Able to read it, write it, understand the meaning of the sentence, but pretending to not know from which language it comes from... Have you used Google Translate ? Have you heard the sentence from some people ? Other ?

But anyway, this topic looks like a fake request ? Maybe a kind of show off ? Don't know...
As stupid as useless...

1.No
2.Yes, I heard about this sentence from my school's official website.

Mmmh interesting fact...
Able to read it, write it, understand the meaning of the sentence, but pretending to not know from which language it comes from... Have you used Google Translate ? Have you heard the sentence from some people ? Other ?

But anyway, this topic looks like a fake request ? Maybe a kind of show off ? Don't know...
As stupid as useless...

1.No
2.Yes, I heard about this sentence from my school's official website.
Mmmh interesting fact...

As stupid as useless...

Well, then it's indeed latin and a very famous quote from the Bible (written "fiat lux" most often nowaday). Latin is often used for a motto or few words in European languages and the West in general. (Harvard's or Oxford's mottos, EU motto, QED (quod erat demonstrandum, used to say "what was to be demonstrated/shown") , A.D/B.C, etc (et caetera). If you take care, you can find many of them around you in Washington Uni and the US, I suppose.

It's something inherited from the Roman empire and Christianism mostly, and it was the lingua franca (another latin idiom) in Europe during the middle age especially (before French, then English).

Edit by Lianshen .

Mmmh interesting fact...

As stupid as useless...

C'mon, on her profile she says she's a student as the University of Washington. It happens to be their motto after a quick check. I guess muricans are proud of the unviersity's motto or something, but forget to mention it's latin thinking everyone would know or something.

Thank u for letting me know all these stuffs! They are quite interesting!

Mmmh interesting fact...

As stupid as useless...

C'mon, on her profile she says she's a student as the University of Washington. It happens to be their motto after a quick check. I guess muricans are proud of the unviersity's motto or something, but forget to mention it's latin thinking everyone would know or something.
Mmmh interesting fact...

As stupid as useless...