Fountain pen users Anything and everything

Hi. Are there other fountain pen users?

Hello! Yes, i write with "Montblanc Meisterstück", "Pelikan Souverän", "Pelikan Stresemann" and "Faber Castell E-motion". I like black or grey or green ink!

That is cool. I have Pelican reform, Cross townsend and 2 Parker pens.. Now also a twsby and lamy. Also few nameless ones. I enjoy writing letters with those the most. Inks I have red, blue, blueblack, black, green and purple.. I have never tried grey ink before, could be really nice.

Try grey ink with soft yellow paper!

That's me. I use a Visconti Homo Sapiens 46602 Bronze with khaki black ink.

Hi! Im a little confused here... Is writing with a fountain pen a hobby or something? I mean, to me its just a pen. But yes hi, I use one too.

Have you liked fountain pens long? Or is it a new hobby? My enthusiasm has been for over 20 years. I got my first nameless fountainpen with iridium nib from my ant, at the time I was practicing writing by letter exchange with my ant.

Hi Chaos. Not everybody even know what a fountainpen is.. So it can also be a hobby with variation of inks and all.. From all the people I know in Finland I am the only one to use fountain pens.

Dear Jantuu, is the same in Germany. It begins at school, where the student not write anymore with fountain pens, but with ballpoint pens. For me ballpoint pens make a very ugly handwriting. - Fountain pens make a better handwriting. Greetings

Same as Chaos. I use fountain pens but my knowledge is very little.

I do think that calligraphy is amazing and seems like a hobby I would sign up for.

Piwipete I agree. Kids write less.. Same with many adults. And because learn to write with supply that makes your wrist hurt.. No wonder so many write with cpu only.. The ease of writing with a fountainpen is just so fun.

CCElias. Calligraphy is indeed fun and a hard one to learn too.. If want to keep letters even or do italic handwriting. I do think it is easyer with a dib nib though.

It's like normal things to use fountain pen in Ethiopia.
Most of people like to make them signature by fountain pen more than ballpoint pen,
Some of used it for them day to day life,
Also it's possible to get or give as a gift,
Ex. One well known Ethiopian singer gave for his song writer gold fountain pen on middle of his concert in the stage etc...
I like to use fountain pen.

Kalkidan that is actually really cool that it might be given as a gift too. I like the fact that there are cheap and expensive fountainpens so it doesn't matter if you are rich or not.

I dont think ballpoint pens make an ugly handwriting. I guess it depends on the person who uses them.
I often use them in school too because Im too lazy to refill the ink in my fountain pen every second week. I agree that texts written with fountain pens are mostly prettier, but the handwriting doesnt change.
How do you all use fountain pens? What do you write all the time? Just letters?

I use fountain pens mostly to write letters and shopping lists. At work I mostly use erasable pen.. Or when given autograph something that is archive proofed, usually ballpoint pen for that is what is approved by company.

i also use them and it gives a feeling of nostalgia.

it becomes more and more forgotten.
it looks more beautifull and made eith attention in these times as just written on a computer or smartphone