Ancient languages Anything and everything

Have you ever studied ancient languages? If you had, tell about your experience 😃

Not really but once i got curious about aramaic language and for me its so beatiful language

I had Latin in school and a little at University

Not really but once i got curious about aramaic language and for me its so beatiful language
Aramaic?

Aramaic?

Aramaic is native language of Jesus

I have been learning Latin on my own for three years. I really like this language. For example, Google books have a lot of very interesting ancient literature. But there are some difficulties associated with his training, for example, it can be very difficult to find information on some issues, and it is difficult to actively use words and grammar without conversational practice. However, some features of the language make its development at a basic level quite simple, for example, simple phonetics and a large number of international terms

I was learning Latin last year, I have learned it for 6 month. Actually, I was disappointed and after the exam I sweared that I would never return to this again. But now I want to study it 😁😂

As far as I know, Latin at Russian universities is taught rather boring. If you want to study Latin, perhaps we can help each other because I have long been looking for a person with whom I could study

Good idea! 😃

I learned some ancient Chinese when I was in middle School and high school
I will probably do some Latin in autumn

Edit by LilyPeng6 .

Have studied Latin and Ancient Greek for at least 4y each.
Re-started Latin on Duolingo for few months but stopped due to the lack of time...
And yes, it is always in my mind

PS: I could add Morse Code, which tends to be less used these last years because of the improvement of other telecommunications, but don't really know it could be relevant 😆

Yes, I've studied Latin and Ancient Greek for dreadfully long years since I've a PhD in ancient histories. I'd rather call the entire process as masochism than an experience. It was exacly an "odi et amo" case as Catullus wrote. Latin phonology and orthography simply kills. 🙂

I studied Latin and Ancient Greek at high school and now I'm still studying it at University.
I'm Italian, so for me, Latin is pretty simple, because they are similar, especially for the pronunciation... Greek is a little bit more difficult (in my opinion) because when you translate it every word has a lot of different meanings so it is context-dependent...

Latin, for several years at school. I didn't like it at all - but it is good to train your sense for grammar, and it's a perfect key to all Roman languages. Very, very useful.

Latin is a good way for me to understand french words that I don’t know the meaning. There is a very large part of french words that come from the latin language

LIST OF TOP 10 OLDEST LANGUAGES IN THE WORLD

1. Tamil
2. Sanskrit
3.Egiptian
4. Greek
5. Chinese
6. Aramaic
7. Hebrew
8. Korean
9. Armenian
10. Latin

If one wants to more details can visit the following you tube