What do you think of the concept of "soulmates"? Anything and everything

That might sound delusional, but I always dreamed of having like one person you can share everything with. Someone that helps and believes in you, but also is not afraid to give you the uncomfortable thruth. Someone who is more than just a romantic partner or a best friend. Like you have this one person who is this anchor in your life. There are many ideas on the topic soulmate or true partner or however you want to call it. And I would like to hear some of your ideas, thus we can talk about them. Just one thing, even if you think what you read is a punch of nonenss - please stay respectful and be polite to one another. Thank you!

That's a very interesting topic. It's hard to think of "soulmates" that is not your best friend or loved ones. I do have the following questions about this:

1. Can a soulmate be someone you hate but supports you at the same time?
2. What if there is some connection between you and the other one (e.g. if you get hurt, the other person would feel it too)?
3. Does a "soulmate" need to be a human (e.g. an animal, ghost/soul such as "Beyond: Two souls")

I'd love to see how you think about this.

It may sound kinda delusional, that's true, but I could agree with you that it is really awesome to have such a close person in your life. But other questions about determination came to my mind:

1. What if you lose him or her? Was it like an only chance to be truly happy in relationships (doesn't matter romantic or not).

2. What if you don't meet such a person? It seems that in this case you must feel too lonely and lacking something essential (if you were hoping to meet this someone and relying on you fate)

For me it sums up to some kind of fatalism. There can be different opinions as usual but I pertain to the not fatalistic one: if you believe that there is a person destined for you, you'll not struggle for the other relationships much because "it is not THE ONE you are truly waiting for". And if it's you who decides with whom to be as close as possible, life seems easier, more light and less determined.

For me #Define "soulmate" is a person who you can rely on, day and night. But I think this soulmate-ship doesn't need to last until either one dies. Just as with any friendship actually. I think it is unrealistic to think a friendship lasts until either death. Friends come and go, that's just how it is, and it's not bad.
I think, in accordance with what the others said, one should not be going looking for a soulmate. I think you can come across people, who can become friends, and friends can maybe become soulmates.

1. Can a soulmate be someone you hate but supports you at the same time?
2. What if there is some connection between you and the other one (e.g. if you get hurt, the other person would feel it too)?
3. Does a "soulmate" need to be a human (e.g. an animal, ghost/soul such as "Beyond: Two souls")
1. Yes. I've several times hated my friend (who I consider to be very close to me) for being truthfully honest with me. All they did was holding up a mirror in front of me and confronting me with the uncomfortable truth I didn't want to see.
2. As a human being, I feel empathy. Sometimes so much that it hurts me. It's a belly/heart feeling. I think you seek the answer to: "Is there an actual link between souls". Which I think, no one can prove or disprove
3. I don't know. I think some people love certain objects (Their car), or animals. This however does not always allow relying on said object or animal. I think an animal can comfort you when you're sad, but If you have financial problems for example, I don't think they can actually help you to pay the bills or make a plan of action. So I'd like to stick with soulmates as being sentient human beings.

Soulmate is more than love! Soulmate is more than friendship and soulmate is more than everything. Whether he is a boy or a girl. She/He will always love you too much, that person never let you down, that person will cry for you, that person will willing to give his/her life for you. He/She will never leave you never. His/her love for you is endless.
Many people think, soulmate means only husband or wife. No, no, no , no, no! If you don't get together, your soul will always be together and love each other forever, even after your death. True love never end, never.

It would be amazing to have someone who understands and loves you for the rest of the life just because you are perfecct to him/her.
I think that that's impossible because we all change, always and evey day we are different frome the day before; it obviously depends from what you passed, what happens in your life, who leaves and who arrives. Love isn't forever, it is for a year, maybe two and later you have another suolmate, perfect for the new person you became.

I've always heard of soulmates in the context of romantic relationships. They are the person you are "predestined" to be with romantically. They are supposed to be your life partner.

Frankly I'm not a believer and I'm also not a believer in anything being predestined.

I think the idea of having the "one" would be really nice and having that someone who is perfect to you or and who fit in every way with you. But the idea of them being someone you'll meet in later life doesn't mean that it's set in stone who that person is after you're born. You will meet him/her in later life, but you're not sure if he/she is really the "one". But you'll know who that person is, just see how long they would wait and sacrifice for you, and that person could be the "one"

I've always heard of the concept of having that one true love/"soulmates". And I know several people that have found "the one". My mom being one, but I never thought I'd find someone like that or that I'd want something like that. But then my husband came. I ran into/remet my husband when we were both in college right out of high school. At the time I was at the lowest point of my life. He came in to my life again and basically saved me. Today we've been together for 15 years and 1 month, about 10 1/2 of those years have been spent being married to eachother We've had our ups and downs but everything has just made us grow stronger. I'm not sure if this means I've found my soulmate/ the one, but I do know, I don't even want to think about what would happen if I didn't have him. and if something happens I'm not remarring. To me he's it.