Sleeping Everyday life and customs

Do you sleep in the afternoon or not?🙂😴 (The nap)😴

Yeah I often take naps in the afternoon

I would find it difficult and unpleasant to fall asleep during the day

Yes! A nap is great!

Sometimes, only when I don’t sleep enough at night

Not whhen I'm on vacations, else, it's almsot mandatory for me in order to compensate.

Sometimes, only when I don’t sleep enough at night

Same.

Generally when I really need, and I usually need after wrong night sleeping process. Then I make nap after work without regrets, and I feel better at least.

Hi, I don't make nap ever. I full of energy, so I sleep only during the night, 7 hours more or less.
In my day I'm in office in the afternoon..so boring...

Hi, I don't make nap ever. I full of energy, so I sleep only during the night, 7 hours more or less.
In my day I'm in office in the afternoon..so boring...

Wow! Sette ore! Per favore, mi dica il suo segreto… se io non dormo circa 8/9 ore al giorno non connetto 😅

Tr: Wow! Seven hours! Tell me your secret, please… if I don’t sleep at least 8/9 hours per day I don’t connect my brain to my body

ciao!!
e io che pensavo che 7 ore sono tante. più che altro, come fai ad avere a disposizione così tante ore?

There are people who regularly take a nap. In my opinion, this is a very bad sign. Especially a lack of vitamin B12, magnesium, folic acid and iron often makes you tired.

There are people who regularly take a nap. In my opinion, this is a very bad sign. Especially a lack of vitamin B12, magnesium, folic acid and iron often makes you tired.
Yes, certian sleepiness can ne resulted from lacking these things. But I think an afternoon snap is just as essential as the night's sleep, amd there's nothing wrong about feeling sleepy every day after lunch 😂 Lol

But this is not normal to get tired after lunch. I don't know anyone here who gets tired right away. We have energy all day. But it could be that learning overwhelms you. You have too much stress!

yes,maybe that's true

There is a lot of research about it. And majority of people just doesn't care properly about energy charging and sleep.

There is a lot of factors:
- Not coffee(cafeine generally) in the second half of day
- Putting away the electronical devices and screens hour or two hours before sleep
- Limit the sugar
- Not physical activity before sleeping
- Cold showers earlier in the day, and hot shower at the end of the day (so the body temperature is lowering itself, what is better for sleeping)

And few more things, like sunglight.

I know from experience how sleepy and tired I am when I don't pay attention to this, and how energized, positive and sharp I am when I care.

Naps arent bad thing when its 15 or 30 minutes. When it eat rest of Your day, its bad.

But this is not normal to get tired after lunch. I don't know anyone here who gets tired right away. We have energy all day. But it could be that learning overwhelms you. You have too much stress!
Maybe because you don't have the same climate either? In Germany, you also go to sleep early, but from what I remember, in Spanish and places where it's hot, it's tiring and a nap can be needed. It's also useless to work when it's too hot and better to stay awake more late or start your day earlier.

Also, when you say this is not normal, I'd argue that most of animals I've been looking at show little to no activity when the sun is at the zenith. They seem to take a kind of nap themselves... So maybe there is also an evolutionnary cause for humans, or at least a part of them, to take a nap.

I'd also say that if you are 66, older people get less time sleeping than younger, so maybe that could explain why you don't see anyone taking a nape too. Or maybe it's cultural as well.

Yes, the Spanish people always had a 3-hour lunch break and slept because of the heat. For that reason, they did not go back to bed until shortly before midnight. In 2005, this compulsory break was abolished in the public sector. The reason was that it was detrimental to the economy and family peace. I think it's similar in Mexico.

No, I was never tired during the day when I was young either.

Yes, the Spanish people always had a 3-hour lunch break and slept because of the heat. For that reason, they did not go back to bed until shortly before midnight. In 2005, this compulsory break was abolished in the public sector. The reason was that it was detrimental to the economy and family peace. I think it's similar in Mexico.

No, I was never tired during the day when I was young either.

Then there is at least a contextual element to explain it. Which could still persist in sevveral areas. You could probably add other factors to add to the "normality" of a nap in the afternoon.

Well, if you weren't, maybe some were even in Germany. If nobody was in your surrounding in your youth, admitting that your memories is 100% reliable, then it might comes from your social circle too, or from your culture, or the climate in Germany. If it applies to whole populations, like I said, there could also be some evolutionnary reason, and it would be coherent with many species being fairly inactive during the afternoon.